Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drake
Does Maven still wrestle? He was pretty good at doing dropkicks, and not so good at everything else.

I still think Chris Nowinkski is/was the best of the Tough Enough bunch.

John Hennigan doesn't think the same. :P

John Hennigan doesn't think the same. :P

Nitro truly is the only sucess story the Tough Enough series can proclaim.

Guest dpddave
Isnt is so sad when men who have an obsession watching other men pretend to fight and roll around in spandex call another man gay :lol

Guest Jimmy Redman
Nitro truly is the only sucess story the Tough Enough series can proclaim.

I think you're forgetting someone...

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/6070/boogeyme8.jpg

Isnt is so sad when men who have an obsession watching other men pretend to fight and roll around in spandex call another man gay :lol

Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself there? A wrestling fan saying wrestling fans are gay?

My mom calls it an obsession, now I'm offended.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Didnt Mysterio lose a "Loser Leaves SD" match to Chavo? That made me think that he would go to ECW, but it appears not. Wrestling memories eh.

Vince McMahon died the other week, too ;)

Seriously, as wrestling fans we need to train our mind's to work like those of the goldfish.

Seriously, as wrestling fans we need to train our mind's to work like those of the goldfish.

I like swimming.

Guest Dave7g

I like swimming.

What did you say?

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Because modern fans are morons and 2007 wrestlers dont know how to work. IF they knew how to work, they would be able to slap on a headlock for 30 minutes and keep the crowd.

I don't think anyone would want to see a headlock applied for 30 minutes,the term watching paint dry comes to mind....

However I don't mind seeing a decent submission hold locked in for a few minutes but if it's held for too long it's difficult to suspend your disbelief.

I can't believe WWE are doing another stupid piece of crap diva search where they end up hiring everyone in it and parading them around in pudding matches,bikini contests and badly acted backstage bitch arguments...if they really want talentless bimbos with big tits and a nice arse than just hire a bunch of nice prostitutes.

I really hate rest holds in matches. They even seem to be in short matches. Pretty much, a headlock or chinlock of any sort I consider a resthold. I hate when they are held for too long and then they always go the same way. I taped the wrestling shows when I watch them and since Friday's SmackDown!, I've been cutting out the areas that have restholds. They just get on my nerves is all.

Does anyone think it's weird how WWE.com's SmackDown! roster page adds a movie star character every now and then? How is that promoting a movie? Nobody ever really looks at those roster pages and I can be certain that no one goes there to see what movie is being promoted. It just seems pointless to me.

Guest Redneck Messiah
Lately I think WWE is using too many rest holds (especially notice this on Smackdown and ECW). I don't mind them when used smartly but when they occur often in short matches I do tend to get bored. I don't mind when they are working over a certain part of the body but lately they seem to overuse them. I remember watching a few Kendrick/London tag matches a few months ago on Smackdown and being very frustrated at all the rest holds and the fact that wrestlers aren't allowed to work 'different' styles that I find more entertaining.

In regard to the whole "headlocks" debate, anyone see AmDrag/McGuiness from Epic Encounter II? Danielson would purpously hold long headlocks to annoy the crowd. 80s style wrestling as a way to build heel heat? Shocking!