Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Dean Malenko's WWE spell was really boring...never really been a fan of his.

I loved Deano Machino in WWE and everywhere else. The Radicalz were cool as **** when they made their debut in WWE.

The WWE run didn't see the best of Malenko but there was something intensely satisfying about him making Lita tap out that time. Heh.

The Radicalz were great (as was their theme music), and Malenko's run as the WWF's answer to James Bond was hilarious at times. And let's not forget his awesome match with Scotty 2 Hotty (the best match the old Light-heavyweight title ever had), which was so good they never dared book it again.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 really was an awesome year for WWE. Great PPV after great PPV.

Malenko, HHH, Foley, Rock, Austin, Benoit (syas under hushed breath), Jericho, Eddy, Hardys, Dudleys, Too Cool, Edge and Christian, Angle etc all having barnstormers throughout the year.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I started playing Smackdown Shut Your Mouth this morning and quickly remembered why I loved it at the time,the season mode's awesome but better than that the game had DDP,Billy and Chuck,Reverend D-Von and Rikishi!

From Larry King last night...

Caller: "As role models, what can they say to our kids right now?"

Bret: "Watch John Cena"

And again...

One more time...

BRET 'ONE OF THE GREATEST WRESTLERS EVER' HART: "WATCH JOHN CENA"

Finally, Bret speaking the truth.

Bret: "Watch John Cena, since he turned face, as his heel persona as the "Doctor of Thuganomics", with all the violence and cursing and swearing (yes, I realise they're the same thing, but I have had a stroke) isn't really how our kids should be acting today. Oh, and avoid the gay jokes too, as they aren't cool *apologises to Carlito for gimmick infringment*."

And again...

Bret: "Watch John Cena, since he turned face, as his heel persona as the "Doctor of Thuganomics", with all the violence and cursing and swearing (yes, I realise they're the same thing, but I have had a stroke) isn't really how our kids should be acting today. Oh, and avoid the gay jokes too, as they aren't cool *apologises to Carlito for gimmick infringment*."

One more time...

BRET 'ONE OF THE GREATEST WRESTLERS EVER' HART: "WATCH JOHN CENA, SINCE HE TURNED FACE, AS HIS HEEL PERSONA AS THE "DOCTOR OF THUGANOMICS", WITH ALL THE VIOLENCE AND CURSING AND SWEARING ISN'T REALLY HOW OUR KIDS SHOULD BE ACTING TODAY. OH, AND AVOID THE GAY JOKES TOO, AS THEY AREN'T COOL. *APOLOGISES TO CARLITO FOR GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT*."

I think that is more how this conversation should have went down.

Guest Dave7g
I think he was referring to what kids could look up to in wrestling, that's all. And they do, John Cena for ages 3 and up.

And again...

One more time...

BRET 'ONE OF THE GREATEST WRESTLERS EVER' HART: "WATCH JOHN CENA"

Drav, do you wanna marry John Cena? I'm sure we could arrange you and Belty to go on a double date with him and Hogan:sml7::xyx

I just become amused by the supposed heroes of our generation either turning into murderers or being used in arguments as to why Cena is a bad wrestler/not a good champion, and then them turning around and praising him themselves.

It's like when Jim Cornette said that Cena deserves all the success in the world. That made me happy.

Guest Dave7g

Here's my top 10 reasons why I don't like Cena.

1. Terrible punches, I mean Boogeyman bad.

2. Horrible execution of moves and holds, he just looks like a robot, they don't seem natural at all.

3. His promo's are pathetic, "LOL U R GAY", rarely gets a laugh from the crowd, very rarely. And his trembling mouth "emotional" promo's about the great Khali, well good Jesus they were bad.

4. His music. IT SUCKSSSS!

5. What is his gimmick? He doesn't have one anymore, why is he wearing jeans and trainers in a wrestling match? Get some gear!

6. Saluting the troops as a mark of respect, no, saluting the troops to sell his "The Marine", it didn't work John.

7. His miraculous voice change. He used to talk like he was a black hip hopster from the cripps, now he talks like the dreamy teen idol he's supposed to be. That means he's a fake.

8. Every fued is the exact same old crap every month, and every month you can absolutley bet the house that he'll overcome the odds, It's been TWO F'N YEARS.

9. 99% of his matches are given shortcuts/gimmicks/spots that all the rest of the card are not allowed, so therefore he gets a somewhat better match than the rest, funny that.

10. He just cannot sell, ask Shawn Michaels.

Here's my top 10 reasons why I don't like Cena.

1. Terrible punches, I mean Boogeyman bad.

2. Horrible execution of moves and holds, he just looks like a robot, they don't seem natural at all.

3. His promo's are pathetic, "LOL U R GAY", rarely gets a laugh from the crowd, very rarely. And his trembling mouth "emotional" promo's about the great Khali, well good Jesus they were bad.

4. His music. IT SUCKSSSS!

5. What is his gimmick? He doesn't have one anymore, why is he wearing jeans and trainers in a wrestling match? Get some gear!

6. Saluting the troops as a mark of respect, no, saluting the troops to sell his "The Marine", it didn't work John.

7. His miraculous voice change. He used to talk like he was a black hip hopster from the cripps, now he talks like the dreamy teen idol he's supposed to be. That means he's a fake.

8. Every fued is the exact same old crap every month, and every month you can absolutley bet the house that he'll overcome the odds, It's been TWO F'N YEARS.

9. 99% of his matches are given shortcuts/gimmicks/spots that all the rest of the card are not allowed, so therefore he gets a somewhat better match than the rest, funny that.

10. He just cannot sell, ask Shawn Michaels.

What would HBK know about selling? He's like Jurgen fricking Klinnsman!

And plus number 8 applied to Hogan in the 80's. He was there and like that cause thats their best bet of drawing.

So he's not as successful as Rock and Austin?

Did anyone say he was?

Plus as I said he's the most popular guy on the roster, so why should they push anyone else?

1785?

That was when Flair start to headline right?

EDIT: Plus the PPV's havent been drawing great with pretty much anyone and everyone headlining. Thus its hardly all down to Cena.

Guest The Great Ahmar
What would HBK know about selling? He's like Jurgen fricking Klinnsman!

And plus number 8 applied to Hogan in the 80's. He was there and like that cause thats their best bet of drawing.

Don't dis-respect Jurgen, like he says it bloody hurt!

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I'm not a Cena fan but I can list ten things I like about him...

1) The FU

2) The STFU

3) His entrance music

4) The fact he's never been associated with backstage cliques that use their influence to push themselves and hold back everyone else :lol

5) Good physique.

6) He knows his limits and believe it or not his matches are not the worst thing on television.

7) He loves wrestling,you can tell that from the look on his face when the fans go mad for him.

8) He's a consumate professional,he went into One Night Stand 2 as the babyface being booed viciously by the fans and carried himself extremely well and even played to the booes,unlike Batista who had a tantrum after being booed.

9) The You Can't See me move.

10) His teeth.

9)

Name me a babyface world champion who didn't 'overcome the odds' in his matches? John Cena didn't invent the concept, Bruno Sammartino was doing it 40 years ago, Hulk Hogan did it, Steve Austin did it, I'm sure some sucker in Ancient Rome was doing it and champions will be doing it long after Cena is gone. You stack the odds against the babyface world champion and he overcomes them, it's booking 101. Some people may find it tedious, a lot of people don't because it has always worked well.

In the 80's it was, but clearly not anymore. The worst ppv numbers in years anybody?

Weak argument.

10 times the number of PPV events now (WWE and MMA etc) as opposed to 5 or 10 years ago vs same number of people buying those PPV's. If anything it's a credit to all of WWE that they have retained as many buys as they have.

Is the inevitable win for Cena boring? No, for 2 reasons

1) The way he wins varies enough to keep it interesting

2) Someday he might not win :)

Edited by etz

Guest Dave7g
Hey, it's my opinion, it's the way I feel. I don't like him, I feel he's there for kids to cheer for, but there's no substance to him. I always get disappointed when I see anything by him. And by the way they ran 12 ppv's in the Austin times and they are far higher numbers. You wan't to bring UFC into it? Well what has that gt to do with anything? Back in Austin's day there were far more wrestling ppv's, WCW and ECW. So that argument is what's weak.

Cena's the best they have today. Thus its obvious he's not the problem.

Sometimes your only as good as the people around you.

Hogan, Rock, Austin all had big, over, supporting stars.

Apart from HHH who does Cena have? Edge isn't there, HBK never really has been, Undertaker's part time, Batista won't ever be there.

So its Cena and HHH. Never gonna be huge numbers is it?