Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Christof
Nothing, they're great for swapsies for football cards, pogs, stickers etc, great fun in the playground.

There a waste of money.
Where's a waste of money?*

And how can something that increases in value the longer you actually have it be considered a waste of money? I'm sure you spend money on things that others would consider a waste of money too, but to yourself that isn't the case.

*This is an attempt at a joke response using the rich and wonderful variants of the English language (in this case "there" and "they're") as a punchline. Blame your teacher (not Matt Striker) if you cannot grasp its linguistic connotations.

Edited by DC

Guest the HiTman
There a waste of money.

Ask anyone who has a full set of original Star Wars figures boxed if they were a waste of money. :xyx

Guest The Beltster
No more a waste of money than DVD's, CD's, games, magazines or anything else that isnt a necessity. And dont get me started on fags and booze, THATS a legit waste of money.

Guest Dave7g
Absolutely. I consider his feud with Angle to be the worst he ever had because Angle was simply.. well... poor. For a guy so amazing and diverse, he sure as hell couldn't connect with Cena like Michaels, HHH, Jericho, Umaga and Edge could. Hell, in 2002, Angle was better than all of those guys. In 2007, the guy is worthless garbage that lost his allure. Cena, on the other hand, has gone on to become a big star with a a long list of good matches and, as Beltmark said, main event matches that actually feel like a main event under his belt.

As for the "turds", since WM21, I'd consider his matches with Angle to be verging on turds but not quiet there (compared to his other matches), the 3-way with Booker and Big Show to be meh (he's not a miracle worker), and his match with Khali to be ok verging on good, but nothing deserving of a main event spot. Pretty much everything else has been great. His matches with Edge were all fine, his Umaga matches were outstanding, his match with Michaels was good, the HHH match was incredible, the RVD match was good due to Cena carrying Van Dam and working the crowd, the Jericho matches were great, and the 3/4-ways have all been booked perfectly.

Which is another thing - WWE do REALLY good multi-man matches. Cyber Sunday was the only real stinker I can remember to be honest, main event wise.

Ao it's Angle's fault the matches weren't great right, because Cena carries everyone in his matches, including as you say RVD?

I'm afraid I can't take you seriously anymore.

Ao it's Angle's fault the matches weren't great right, because Cena carries everyone in his matches, including as you say RVD?
I'm sure DraVen will be along in a minute, but I'll jump in for now. Nowhere in that post you quoted does it say that Cena carried everyone. In fact, it's only RVD who's mentioned in that category.

If many different people can have a good-to-great match except Angle, who do you think is the weak link?

Cena v HBK = Good

Cena v JBL (I Quit) = Good

Cena v HHH = Good

Cena v Jericho = Good

Cena v Umaga = Good

Cena v Johnny Nitro = Good

Cena v Angle = Bad

Now if all of those listed can have a good match (or better) with Cena, but Angle can't, doesn't that mean Angle is the one who is at fault (for lack of a better term)? I mean, if Angle was as good as he thinks he is, then surely he can get a better match out of John Cena that Umaga, JBL and Nitro?

I'm afraid I can't take you seriously anymore.
Some of your opinions on certain things put you in the same category now and again.

Guest Dave7g

That's fine but my opinion on Cena is that he is soley an act for kids, he has no substance to him and Jesus Christ almighty I've had enough of his paint by numbers fueds.

I'm sure he's a real nice guy and makes lots of money from kids blah, blah, blah.

I'm so beyond bored of it now, I actually groan when I hear his music and not the same groan that other members experience when they jump up and give a purple drapes scream everytime he insinuates someone is gay. If he had one interesting fued or angle that would be fine, but what has he done? He just beats the odds every month and it's so boring.

That's fine but my opinion on Cena is that he is soley an act for kids, he has no substance to him and Jesus Christ almighty I've had enough of his paint by numbers fueds.

I'm sure he's a real nice guy and makes lots of money from kids blah, blah, blah.

I'm so beyond bored of it now, I actually groan when I hear his music and not the same groan that other members experience when they jump up and give a purple drapes scream everytime he insinuates someone is gay. If he had one interesting fued or angle that would be fine, but what has he done? He just beats the odds every month and it's so boring.

You didn't find his mini-feud with Umaga interesting?

Guest SuperKick Kid

Cena's feud with Umaga was good, but then it was redone with Khali and will be again with Snitsky.

Cena's feud with HBK was very good in my opinion. I thought it was fresh and that HBK was doing great in that tweener role he had. Not to mention they still have no clear cut winner of that feud.

Guest The Beltster

Its crazy that everybody was sucking off Angle like he was the greatest performer in the history of mankind until he jumped to TNA, now he isnt as good as he says he is or as good as people thought he was etc.

Angle WAS as good as he said he was and as good as everybody said he was and he proved it by putting on THE best matches, however he is broken down and knackered now due to going full pelt with a shitty body for years. The poor guy gets so much flack these days from people who used to make out he was God, it kinda shows what kind of people wrestling marks on, doesnt it?

And I'm not sticking up for Angle, I've never been a fan barring his initial comedy run.

Edited by The Beltster

I've never been a fan of Angle either. I respected his talent but never held him in high regard like others did.

But he did become poor in his final months at the WWE. I'm sure it is due to his breaking body and numbed bones but let's face it, TNA has exposed him because he doesn't have the quality of opposition anymore. Going from Benoit, Taker and Cena to Christian, Sting and Steiner is a huge step down. Maybe in 2000, Angle could have had some crackers with them, but today he just isn't cutting it. But even against guys like Joe, he just isn't the man he was.

It's little to do with the fact that he went to TNA that people have turned on him - it's the fact that he isn't even half as good as he used to be, as was shown during his Cena run and beyond. WWE released him for a reason, something people instantly forgot when he joined TNA. It wasn't because Angle was caught sleeping with Stephanie. It was because Angle was a Dynamite Kid-in-waiting. And I don't mean the Kid who regularly had great matches the world over...

Guest SuperKick Kid

Best thing Angle did towards the end of his WWE run was his little speech he gave at NYR.

"and if I were to go back in time, the one person in history I would like to make tap out, would have to be..........Jesus."

Guest Dave7g
Angle didn't become poor at all, I can recall the Undertaker match, the RVD match, Wrestlemania all being great matches. And by the way Christian Cage is about a million times better than Cena in the ring and at promos. So it's hardly a step down. You forget Samoa Joe, that was a massive step up.

Guest Wolverine
Just watching Judgment Day 2006 here, and Taz is so unbelievably sh*t on commentary. None of his points make any sense and he can't construct a coherent sentence. And Michael Cole is really underrated.

Guest Craig

I just watched the Lesnar vs Zach Gowen match (the one where he killed Gowen in front of his mommy) on YouTube and it reminded me how much Lesnar ruled. Dammit, why did he have to leave for football?

EDIT - here's the video for anyone that wants to see it ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=pCjjJyoOPec )