Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Bret always called WCW 'the WCW' too, the crazy fool.
He used to pull that sh*t when talking about SummerSlam aswell, it was so bloody annoying!

"When I wrestle you in the SummerSlam blah blah blah..."

Ponce.

Guest Slim Jim
Was it that bad?

I was doing work so I was watching it live (as it played on Spike in the US) and thought it was a pretty good episode. The main event being great.

He used to pull that sh*t when talking about SummerSlam aswell, it was so bloody annoying!

"When I wrestle you in the SummerSlam blah blah blah..."

Ponce.

And starting every sentence ever with "Well you know somethin' Brother" isn't annoying?

Anyway, I was watching some old "The Saturday Nights Main Events" tonight, and I had to come and say what a fantastic worker The Tito Santana was. It's a shame he was just a high end jobber, he could have done more if he went to the WCW.

Guest The Great Ahmar

SKK's reaction if CM Punk got released :P

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5041/punktrekgg3.gif

Edited by The Great Ahmar

Guest Adam Gill

I brought Fighting Spirit whilst I was shopping yesterday, and I have to say, what a great wrestling mag - much better than the recent Power Slams.

I read a couple of them about 8 or 9 months ago, and didn't think much of them really, but the current one was a great read...

Sparrow and I were playing Smackdown 2008 yesterday, and he pointed out somthing I hadn't realized about the names Tommy Dreamer and Sandman.

Now I feel stupid for not noticing it. :(

Guest oneeyedjack
Sparrow and I were playing Smackdown 2008 yesterday, and he pointed out somthing I hadn't realized about the names Tommy Dreamer and Sandman.

Now I feel stupid for not noticing it. :(

Yeah I think they were all Gaiman fans back in the old ECW days. I believe I've seen Raven wear Sandman(Morphius) t-shirts.

I found this quote about Chyna over on the UKFF and it made me laugh:

Sad, very sad. She is now officially the female version of the Ultimate Warrior.

- They both think they should have been pushed to the moon in the WWE, and kept there.

- They both squashed most opponents with there limited moveset.

- They both looked like butch dykes.

- They both changed there name.

- They both spend there spare time now bitching about how they have been screwed over.

- They call out people on the Tinternet and beg for attention.

- They have both urinated on HHH.

:lol

I think the last one is actually a good thing it made me laugh a lot and also tried to work out how Warrior had done this which is bizzare that I did not question the fact why Chyna had.

Guest vortigern

Did anyone ever find Chyna attractive apart from Sean Waltman?

Does anybody think her repotoire of moves is lame ?

Does anybody know who she is in 2007?

Great post darkstar

Guest The Beltster
And starting every sentence ever with "Well you know somethin' Brother" isn't annoying?
It might be annoying, but its not near as annoying as a person who works for the company and cant get the name of several events right.

And dont get me started on Mr. Monotones "Best there is, was and ever will be!" crap. Talk about annoying. Christ.

Can't get the name of several events right? You mean adding a "the" to title a proper noun? Big deal. I've heard JR say "The Summer Slam" ... as well as forget the names of other moves all together. Edited by Twig

Guest The Beltster
Can't get the name of several events right? You mean adding a "the" to title a proper noun? Big deal. I've heard JR say "The Summer Slam" ... as well as forget the names of other moves all together.
I didnt say it was a big deal, little Hitman, I said it was annoying, which it is. Its not called "The SummerSlam", that makes no sense, just as it isnt called "The WCW", which also makes no sense. Bret worked for these two companies, in the case of the WWF, so years, yet continued to get it wrong year in and year out when EVERYBODY ELSE got it right.

It was annoying, because it was so stupid. And what does it matter if JR said it or not? Just because he said it wrong aswell doesnt make Bret saying it any less wrong or annoying! :lol That being said, I've never heard Ross say it, but he has been a pitiful commentator for years so I dont doubt it. He can add it to his hundred thousand other mistakes.