Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest Wolverine

From TNA's website:

Late Friday night, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles contacted TNAwrestling.com with a statement regarding his former mentor, "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage.

According to Styles, he has attempted to contact Cage since Thursday's "IMPACT!" broadcast. However, "The Instant Classic" is apparently ignoring AJ's calls. As a result, Styles has asked us to post this statement in the hopes that Cage will read it before Thursday's broadcast:

Dear Boss,

I'm pretty sure you're upset with me. I tried to get in touch with you all day on Friday, but you won't return my calls or text messages. You blocked me on AOL Instant Messenger and won't reply to my Facebook pokes. Heck, I even tried sending you a game invite when I saw you playing Halo 3 online, but you ignored that too. I would have let you frag me with sticky grenades as much as you wanted if it made you feel better. You know, just like old times!

Now, I can understand why you're mad at me after what happened on "iMPACT!" (you know, me accidentally winning the match when you had Jay Lethal beat). But hey, I paid for it in the end, right? I was the one who had to put on that ridiculous turkey outfit. Plus, I'm not sure if you're mad at me for not inviting you to Kurt's Thanksgiving dinner, but I made him promise me that he sent you an invitation. I'm not sure if it got lost or not, but I guess I should have just invited you in person.

I'm also really starting to get the feeling that you're mad at me for supposedly turning my back on you and joining Kurt Angle. But please believe me when I tell you it's all been a huge misunderstanding. When you made me the Captain of the Coalition, I knew I had to do all I could to help our team. That's why I talked to Karen Angle and figured out a way that BOTH sides could work together as an unstoppable unit. Can you imagine me, Tomko, you and Kurt as a team? Who could beat us? Tomko seems to think there's some heat between you and Kurt, but I'm not buying it. I even asked Kurt about it and he just rolled his eyes and walked away, so I know it can't be true!

Christian - I still consider you my close friend. My teacher. My mentor. I would never try to ruin that for anything. So this Thursday night on "iMPACT!", I have a plan that will put all these hard feelings behind us. I've requested interview time on Thursday to explain my idea - all I ask if that you hear me out and give it a chance. I think after Thursday, we'll all be one big happy family again!

I didn't want to post this on the internet for everyone to read, but it's the only way I knew to get my message to you.

See you on Thursday night, Boss. I'll have my cell phone close by in case you want to talk.

Your friend

AJ

PS - Please accept my Halo 3 invite next time you're online. I miss having you on my team and Tomko sucks at it...he keeps killing me with friendly fire - most of the time I think he's doing it on purpose.

They so need to blow this off with a sudden death Halo 3 game.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U.K. ratings for the week ending 11/18 were bad. No WWE show drew 42,000 viewers during the week. The two highest rated shows in the genre were UFC shows, with the 11/17 PPV on tape delay getting 61,000 viewers (much less than a WWE PPV would get on Sky) and an episode of Ultimate Fighter getting 42,000 viewers (thanks to Ian Hamilton)

Wrestling Observer.

Word on the street is that Sky are moving all the WWE programs away from Sky Sports 3 in the next month. I guess charging people to watch free WWE shows really DID destroy the ratings. Fancy that!

Good work Sky you got some money off those mad enough to subscribe, and you got them on a 12 month contract too. Well done!

Wrestling Observer.

Word on the street is that Sky are moving all the WWE programs away from Sky Sports 3 in the next month. I guess charging people to watch free WWE shows really DID destroy the ratings. Fancy that!

Good work Sky you got some money off those mad enough to subscribe, and you got them on a 12 month contract too. Well done!

I think BARB have screwed up their ratings data. For Sky Two for that week they have their top 10 as:

1 INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL LIVE (Sat 1755) 731

2 INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL LIVE (Sat 1430) 285

3 LIVE INTERNATIONAL CRICKET (Sun 0855) 95

4 WWE RAW (Fri 1700) 63

5 LIVE TENNIS (Sat 0900) 61

6 WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT SMACKDOWN (Fri 2200) 56

7 WWE SMACKDOWN (Tue 1700) 56

8 GOLF NIGHT (Sat 2007) 51

9 LIVE HOME NATIONS MASTERS (Sun 1830) 50

10 WWE LATE NIGHT - AFTERBURN (Mon 2301) 50

I'm pretty sure thats not their programming and WWE is listed there, they must have mixed some channels up.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Just out of interest I added Kent 'Controversy' Jones to my MSN contact list and he accepted,if any1 wants 2 talk to the infamous youtube shooter his addy is the_ceo_of_youtube_shooting@hotmail.com

Although he can be a bit of a tool in his vids he seems alright and does not care if you love/hate wwe or love/hate TNA,might ask him 2 join TWO!!!

Guest John Hancock

Although he can be a bit of a tool in his vids he seems alright and does not care if you love/hate wwe or love/hate TNA,might ask him 2 join TWO!!!

Please, for the love of God, don't.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Can anyone tell me if their will be confirmed screenings of The Dark Knight: Joker's Prologue Sequence screening in Cinema's during I Am Legend in the UK?

Or will it be available in IMAX theatres only? (So London, and other various places) Or will it be featured in any Cinema?

I know this may sound illegal, but it does happen. Does anyone think that the Prologue Sequence will be filmed in the cinema's and put on sites such as YouTube?

If you have correct sources of information, please tell me :?

Wrong 'Comments that don't require their own thread' thread to post this in you want this one in the Entertainment section

WWE will be holding a three brand live show before the royal rumble ppv (26th first) next year. I don't know if it will be broadcast or not but will have PPV calibre free matches.

Confirmed matches

Chris Jericho and HBK vs Umaga and Randy Orton

World Heavyweight championship

Batista vs Finlay

(yes plans change and he may not be champ then)

HHH vs Great Khali

Q&A with Y2J,

Chris Jericho was online this past Wednesday afternoon with The Washington Post Online answering questions from fans about his career, return and his new book. Here is the full transcript courtesy of The Washington Post:

Chris Jericho: We're ready to rock it.

Falls Church, Va.: Chris, was it disappointing to you at all that your return probably was the worst-hidden secret in the business in the past five years? Or that it took place in South Florida, where fans really don't cheer for anything (and have nothing to cheer for ... I went to school in Miami, I can say this)?

Chris Jericho: No, not at all. I think that it was very cool. It wasn't intended to be much of a secret. That's why we gave them clues and basically told them the week before that it was me. I likened it to a movie trailer. And as far as the fans, I thought they were awesome, jumping up and down. Not everyplace can be Chicago, which is the best city. But I was happy with the way everything came out.

Washington: It was great to see you back on RAW last Monday. About your bio: What made you decide this was a good time for you to share your story?

Chris Jericho: It was one of the things I wanted to do for a while and when I decided to take a break from the WWE I thought it was a good time. And even more importantly I thought it was a unique story of a guy who traveled the world and went to Japan and Germany through wrestling. I knew it was going to take time to do and I wanted to put 100 percent of my effort into it, so that was one of the things I wanted to do when I left the WWE.

ad_icon

Portland, Ore.: Chris, I stopped watching wrestling a while ago, but I am still a major Jericholic. I've always wondered about that hilarious series of challenges you laid out to Bill Goldberg on Nitro. Given that there was never a match, were your comments scripted/approved, or were you winging it? Also, where did they dig up Ralphus? Long live the Man of 1004 Holds!

Chris Jericho: You should check out "A Lion's Tale," which has that whole story written in detail. Nothing was ever approved back in the WCW days, you just were given an angle and I made up the rest myself. He hated every minute of it, but that's just how it goes, I was just doing my job. As far as Ralphus was concerned, Goldberg was bringing in security guards, and I wanted some too, but I didn't want tough guys, I wanted goofy looking guys, and he was a truck driver for the company, and I saw Ralphus standing around and asked him if he wanted to be my security guard, and he said "sure, no problem." And that was basically how it all started.

Baltimore: How did you happen to become a pop culture guru that VH1 so heavily relies on? Are those "I Love the '80s" shows as fun as they look?

Chris Jericho: I don't know, I just have this superpower/curse to remember everything that's irrelevant, just all this useless trivia stored up in my head. I never knew what to do with all this useless knowledge, but somehow I got booked for one of those shows and suddenly they started booking me on all of them. So I don't know exactly how it happened, I'm just glad I get to use my useless powers for good.

Arlington, Va.: Hi Chris. I saw your "Me Want Title Match" graphic on Monday's RAW, and I was curious, did the WWE have to get permission to use that image of Cookie Monster? Also, what's the deal with your new metallic vest?

Chris Jericho: Nope, we just used it. Jim Henson can come back and sue use. Think it's kind of public domain.

The metallic vest comes from the same fashion era as the checkerboard outfit I wore and all the sparkly jiffy-pop outfits. You wouldn't understand.

Washington: Have you changed your style at all (eliminated chair shots, etc.) after the studies about concussions? How seriously are wrestlers and the WWE taking that?

Chris Jericho: You have to take it very seriously and protect yourself. I don't think you'll change your style and not take chair shots part of the show is to use angles that make it 100 percent safe. There are guys who weren't doing that, and that was stupid. I've never taken a chair shot to the head because there are ways to avoid that.

Wantagh, N.Y.: Hi Chris, we've just passed the 10 year anniversary of the infamous Montreal Incident. I was wondering how it impacted you as a Canadian wrestler and a former Dungeon student. Has it informed any of the decisions you continue to make?

Chris Jericho: Not really, no. That's such a legendary story, but it's not like the entire industry was up in arms about it. I was in WCW and I knew about it, but everybody has opinions and think they know the whole story, but really only Vince, Shawn and Bret do, and they'd be much more able to answer that question. To me it was interesting, but it didn't really have anything to do with me.

Walls of Jericho: Chris, Triple H suffered his well-publicized torn quadriceps injury in a match involving you. Did you know of his injury during the match? If so, would you have applied your signature move, the "Walls of Jericho," which puts considerable stress on the quadriceps?

Chris Jericho: I knew he was hurt, because he told me so, and I asked if he still wanted to do it, and he said yes. When the match is going on, the show must go on. He wanted to continue on with it and we did it, and I don't know if it made things worse or not. You can't really know those things in hindsight. He felt very strongly about doing it, so we did it.

Washington: Have you found any real differences in either the locker room or in working in front of the crowd since your return? Or does it feel like you never left?

Chris Jericho: Pretty much feels like I never left. Obviously there's some new faces, some guys I've never met before, but wrestling's like a big family and you get to know people pretty deeply when you're around them all the time. And the crowds are he crowds, they're excited, they're great, and some cities are more into it than others, but they're always there to have a good time. That never changes.

Washington: Hey Chris. I've tried to keep up with wrestling lately, but I think sometimes a lot of the performers sometimes take themselves too seriously, and seem more like determined pro football players than "entertainers." How do you keep the balance between being an engaging personality and a wrestler whose abilities are respected?

Chris Jericho: I think you can be entertaining both inside and outside the ring. You have to connect with the crowd in as many ways you can, both during the match and outside of it.

Falls Church, Va.: Early in your career, your "Lion Tamer" submission move was similar to the Boston Crab, but your move included putting your knee to someone's head. As you evolved, the Lion Tamer became the Boston Crab. Was the original submission hold considered too dangerous?

Chris Jericho: No, it was just hard to do to really big guys. I used to do that move to smaller guys, but to do that with a guy like Kane or Big Show or Triple H, it was just to hard to move around that way. I wanted to change it so that it would look the same no matter who I was doing it on.

Seattle: Chris, what are some of the major difference between the wrestling landscape of today, and when you started your career? Also, how integral was your time spent in Japan to your development as a pro wrestler?

Chris Jericho: I think spending the time in Japan that I did was very beneficial, because you were learning a different style and culture, both inside and outside the ring. It really gave me a lot of respect for what I was doing, gave me a lot of discipline, and made me come to terms with myself with regard to whether this was what I really wanted to do. Spending 10-week stretches in a foreign country really let me figure out that this is what I wanted to do in my life. It was really fortunate to go to a Japan and get paid to be there. There are people who save for years to do something like that, but at 19 years old I got to go and make my living there and do what I wanted to do.

Potomac, Md.: Any sense of irony, given that all of the things Y2J said about saving the company in 1999 seem to apply about 100 times more now?

Chris Jericho: Yeah, it's interesting. That is kind of the reason I came up with the "Save Us Y2J" idea. I'm not implying that the company needs to be saved, but I think it needs to be shaken up by someone forthright and creative. I think it is a beneficial situation for everybody to have a character like Jericho involved.

Claverack, N.Y.: Welcome back, Chris. We missed you. Obviously the business has been rocked with some unspeakable tragedies recently, culminating in the horrible loss of Chris Benoit just this past summer. I think you were matched with the Wolverine in your first pay-per-view; could you share with us a bit about what working with him was like?

Chris Jericho: He was probably the best actual technical wrestler I worked with, a tremendous performer and a machine training and a positive influence on me careerwise. I knew him personally for 15 years and he was one of my best friends. Something I deal with every day.

Chris Jericho: That's about it, gotta split. I'm really impressed with the amount and diversity of questions, and that's why Jerichoholics are the best fans in the world.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin are a team now so why not resurrect the New Breed stable and add Kenny Dykstra and Deuce/Domino with Cherry?

This time they'd be targeting the veterans of ECW and Smackdown because they're all sick and tired of the old generation hogging the spotlight and are sick of waiting for their time!

Dykstra could play on his future hall of famer gimmick and there'd be no need for Deuce and Domino to change their gimmick,they'd simply become a more aggressive and focused tag team plus having Cherry in the stable gives the group the sex factor.

With Elijah as the mouthpiece/leader and Shelton as 2nd in command the group could have some meaningful matches and feuds on Tuesday and Friday nights.

Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin are a team now so why not resurrect the New Breed stable and add Kenny Dykstra and Deuce/Domino with Cherry?

This time they'd be targeting the veterans of ECW and Smackdown because they're all sick and tired of the old generation hogging the spotlight and are sick of waiting for their time!

Dykstra could play on his future hall of famer gimmick and there'd be no need for Deuce and Domino to change their gimmick,they'd simply become a more aggressive and focused tag team plus having Cherry in the stable gives the group the sex factor.

With Elijah as the mouthpiece/leader and Shelton as 2nd in command the group could have some meaningful matches and feuds on Tuesday and Friday nights.

That's not a half bad booking plan. Since it is good don't expet it to ever happen.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I just think it's better than punishing Dykstra for some unknown reason and treating Deuce/Domino like rubbish ever since they dropped the tag gold.

Glad to see you like the idea Kurtmark and you're right,it probably wouldn't be used as it makes sense and doesn't involve HHH getting over.