Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest The Great Ahmar
Oh absolutely, but if you compare that year to the rest of their PPV year's, 1999 is certainly superior. The likes of Lynn, RVD, Storm, Credible, Sabu, Tanaka, Awesome, Tajiri, Guido, Crazy, Taz etc all had very good matches at virtually every PPV.

2000 had some decent stuff also with the same guys and Corino, Kash, CW, Rhino, Spike etc but talent being raided and various financial issues kind of damaged them.

But 1999 was a very good year IMO for ECW, and arguably over the entire 12 months, put on the best shows out of the big 3.

Yeah probably but that goes to show looking back how poor WWF and WCW was. I suppose in the case of WWF 1999, when things are at the top they can't do no wrong, when things are down they can do no right.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah probably but that goes to show looking back how poor WWF and WCW was. I suppose in the case of WWF 1999, when things are at the top they can't do no wrong, when things are down they can do no right.

1999 wasn't great in-ring, but the booking was generally decent so thats why they carried on doing well.

Thus new stars got pushed and did well, i.e. Triple H and The Rock's first year as a headliners, plus the likes of Taker, Austin and Foley on top. And yeah the majority of the midcard stuff were successful, the hardcore division, general midcard.

Look at it this way, it wasn't great but 99 paved the way for an excellent 2000, with the pushed guys from 99 then leading the company in 2000, and the new guys introduced in 99 (Hardys push, E+C push, introduction of Dudleys, Jericho, and midcard pushes).

But still I'm not sure I get what you mean about showing how poor everyone else was. I mean if the ECW PPV's of 1999 happened this year for instance, they'd still probably be, on average, the best of the bigger 3 (WWE, TNA and then ECW). WWF was good in the booking sense, and WCW just went downhill massively after a super start to the year.

Was an odd year 1999 all in all.

Guest SuperKick Kid

I believe Bret's book comes out in the states tomorrow.

If so, I plan to buy it. From what I have read about the book, it gives a very good look into the wrestling world.

As you may have guessed, I am particularly interested in his opinions on other wrestlers, especially HBK.

I believe Bret's book comes out in the states tomorrow.

If so, I plan to buy it. From what I have read about the book, it gives a very good look into the wrestling world.

As you may have guessed, I am particularly interested in his opinions on other wrestlers, especially HBK.

It will be a great trip....ego trip of course.

I really like watching Bret's matches, but I think I'd try and kill myself if I had to read his book. He likes talking about himself a lot and well I'd imagine the book will mostly centre around how great he is and how he was hard done by all the time but his ability and all rounded greatness got him by.

Guys like Bret, Shawn and Triple H are just people who IMO shouldn't ever write a book.

Guest Da Showstoppa

The unfortunate thing about Bret is that after everything he's been through (Owen, Davey divorce, stroke losing his dad etc) he still cannot let Montreal 97 go.

I mean it looked quite pathetic for him to no show WM23 last year (HOF) because Shawn was in the building.

Bret should be remembered for his contributions to Wrestling, but he seems intent on being remembered as the poor guy who was "screwed" in Montreal.

He even cast aspersions on Shawn's new found faith and lifestyle, also rebuffing repeated extensions of the olive branch too. Surely it wouldn't kill him to give the guy a chance, afterall he forgave Vince and he was the one who orchestrated it.

Guest Da Showstoppa
I don't think he boycotted WM because HBK was in the building. Bret accepted his HoF induction with HBK in the building, and that was a more intimate setting.

Oh, I read Shawn didn't induct Sherri because he wasn't going to be there - also read from a separate article that Bret wanted him out of the building.

Well I should know better than to trust wresting sites :)

Guest The Great Ahmar
Bret Hart's book cover looks quite HBK...Gay! 592 seems a bit much, but I'll probably end up buying it. I really want the Jericho book more though.

Michaels was in the building, he left just before Bret came out. And Bret didn't no show WM23 because he never said he was going to be there.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Bret Hart's book cover looks quite HBK...Gay! 592 seems a bit much, but I'll probably end up buying it. I really want the Jericho book more though.

Does look very tempting, it's a shame he doesn't cover WWE though.

http://www.brethart.com/files/images/hitman-book-cover-large.jpg

Hardly gay! I wish the DVD cover looked like that. The DVD cover sucks.

Guest SuperKick Kid

I was just reading that Billy Kidman replaced Teddy Hart in an 8-Man tag in OVW that had the New Hart Foundation vs 4 other guys.

I think Billy could be a good replacement, just say that he was always a Hart, he just wanted to make his own way with a different name, but now he is ready to embrace his legacy.

William Hart?

Billy Hart?

Bill Hart?

I think it could work.

Guest Da Showstoppa
http://www.brethart.com/files/images/hitman-book-cover-large.jpg

Hardly gay! I wish the DVD cover looked like that. The DVD cover sucks.

Erm the title is missing the "S" at the beginning :lol

Guest Al Stevens
I was just reading that Billy Kidman replaced Teddy Hart in an 8-Man tag in OVW that had the New Hart Foundation vs 4 other guys.

I think Billy could be a good replacement, just say that he was always a Hart, he just wanted to make his own way with a different name, but now he is ready to embrace his legacy.

William Hart?

Billy Hart?

Bill Hart?

I think it could work.

Hey stranger things have happend, i mean we have a mini McMahon and i am not talking about Steph and Shane's kids :lol