Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

FYI the team is known as the Murder City Machine Guns or Panic! In Detroit.

And yes, the Briscoe's may just be the best in the world, but I still like MCMG more. Plus, Suzuki/Marvin have been tearing it up as well. They belong in any top current tag team discussion.

But I think The Briscoe's stand out above the others because firstly, they're tag first. And secondly, they're actually brothers. Their in-ring chemistry is outrageously and it seems they have a ton of time together to work on things.

Oh, and I love Hyperbole Hogan and still find it hilarious. HBK's "I lost my smile" deal was a decade ago now, yet it still comes up in jokes and I still find it funny. The best one I've heard from Hogan isn't that Andre died right afterwards, instead when he says that every tendon in his back snapped as he slammed him.

Hogan, still is selling that match to this day.

Edited by Fidel Cashflow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

Hogan never once said he snapped every tendon in his back. Now you are using your own hyperbole. Hogan said he tore his back, tore the muscle, which he did. Not exactly hard to believe when you consider Andre was huge, heavy and awkward and Hogan was full of steroids. ****, a juiced up Batista tore his lat just taking a back bump, a roided up HHH tore both quads planting his feet, so whats so hard to believe about a gassed up Hogan tearing his lat slamming a huge man?

Christ.

Guest Jung
Question for you Belty, in 99 at Spring Stampede did Hogan really blow out his knee or did he just have a paddy cause he wasn't winning, thus wanted to get out of the match?

Guest The Beltster
Question for you Belty, in 99 at Spring Stampede did Hogan really blow out his knee or did he just have a paddy cause he wasn't winning, thus wanted to get out of the match?
He was booked to win I think, but found out he needed knee surgery or to rest the knee etc, so they changed the plans. The reason he left mid match was likely because Hogan simply doesnt like jobbing, but also I think WCW didnt want to job him when they didnt need to so they took him out to keep him strong for when he returned. I'm guessing those are the reasons.

Guest The Beltster

Probably, but Hogan knows that not the case. It probably just slipped out and he didnt think. I think alot of what Hogan says isnt said maliciously, but just that he doesnt really give it much thought.

Its like my Grandad, he says stuff all the time and we are all saying "Grandad, what are you talking about, thats not how it happened!" and he is like "Oh isnt it? Oh I dunno, who cares..."

I expect thats Hogans attitude, he is as old as my Grandad afterall :lol

Didn't Hogan say on 'Cribs' that he wrestled Andre in those yellow boots and then Andre passed 'a couple days later'?

I'd have to see the bit again but I'm pretty sure he did. They even did an emotional little effect when he said it, too.

Guest Jung

Thats kind of why I like Hogan, he just says stuff and doesn't really care about the factual part. He's a promoter and exaggerater through and through. Its wonderful commitment to the cause. He's obviously been around the entertainment business long enough to know it works.

It just obviously annoys wrestling fans who know he's talking utter nonsense.

Yeah I doubt Hogan actually thought Andre died a couple days after Wrestlemania 3 and it was just Hogan working people again, trying to throw in a bit of dramatic emotion in the middle of an episode of MTV Cribs. Or something.

Personally I liked when he said he trained AJ Styles, brother. Internet exploded that day.

EDIT - Yeah just checked it, he says 'a couple days later, he passed on'. Also forgot how incredibly uncool Hogan comes across in that 'Cribs' thing.

Edited by Naitch

Yeah I doubt Hogan actually thought Andre died a couple days after Wrestlemania 3 and it was just Hogan working people again, trying to throw in a bit of dramatic emotion in the middle of an episode of MTV Cribs. Or something.

Personally I liked when he said he trained AJ Styles, brother. Internet exploded that day.

:lol:lol:lol

Sad thing is, tons of people who don't know better would believe him. As a crazy AJ mark I've tracked down a lot of his Pre-WCW and Post-WCW Pre-TNA/ROH work.

One angle NWA Wildside ran was when then NWA World Heavyweight Champ Sabu came in the heel stable NWA Elite jumped him and stole the title. AJ, ace of the faction, at that time referred to as "The Role Model" AJ Styles came out the next night wearing the NWA belt before facing Air Paris and a returning Sabu in a three-way which Sabu won.

I wonder if AJ thought he'd really ever get to wear that belt again, much less winning it on PPV officially a little under two years later.

It was also great seeing the feud he and Ron Killings had before AJ went to WCW and Killing went to WWF. Was real fun.

I personally think he should change his name from Maven Huffman to Gayven Hugsmen. I wonder if Maven is pondering this question: Who Better Than Kanyon?

I've been wanting to say/ask this for some time: Does anyone else notice that Matt Striker's tights are too short and too small? It's really disturbing and kind of gay. That baby bird that lives in the front of his tights is going to suffocate...........wait, that's not a baby bird at all!

Edited by TPIB

Guest Drake
Does Maven still wrestle? He was pretty good at doing dropkicks, and not so good at everything else.

I still think Chris Nowinkski is/was the best of the Tough Enough bunch.

John Hennigan doesn't think the same. :P

John Hennigan doesn't think the same. :P

Nitro truly is the only sucess story the Tough Enough series can proclaim.

Guest dpddave
Isnt is so sad when men who have an obsession watching other men pretend to fight and roll around in spandex call another man gay :lol