Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The Great American Bash Discussion Thread - 22nd July 2007

TPIB

Guest bigmatt

Does anyone have any idea where batista is going now?

Khali just doeesnt make sense are they going for another battle of the titans angle.

Do you think Edge is gonna hold the title till a feud with the Undertaker on his return.

If so they could run an angle where he keeps avoiding the big guns - e.g hes got rid of batista, escapes with the title against Kane Khali e.t.c

Edge is carrying smackdown at the minute a good competitor for the WWE.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Twig
The Cena/Lashley match will probably be alright Lashyley hitting hard, and Cena working fine, but the build up is what's going to be abysmal. Lashley wandering around the ring with his doe-eyed stare, talking to Cena like he stole his lunch and then pushed him in the sandbox. Please don't tell me they're expecting Robert to work as a heel.

Guest dpddave
I got a challenge for anyone who wants to take it:

Can someone tell me, without posting spoilers, how Kane got from feuding with MVP for the U.S. Title to feuding with Edge for the World Title?

A talk show.

Yes, I can confidently say that a ppv featuring Kane, Lashley, The Great Khali and Batista will stink. Or maybe you are right the incredible entertainment for casual fans (who don't buy ppv's) Victoria vs Torrie Wilson might save the show, then again...

Oh and I don't live in the UK.

Wrestlemania 23 says hello....well it would if it could speak, so I'm saying hello on it's behalf.

"HELLO!"

Well....they are in the spoiler forum.........
The Great American Bash Spoiler thread, not the Smackdown!/ECW/RAW thread.

Maybe I want to talk about what has already been confirmed ON AIR, but if I don't want the WWE TV shows spoiled, I need to stay out of the thread until they are announced. Kinda sucks that it limits those who want to discuss the details for the Bash so far, but also don't want Smackdown!, etc spoiled too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cade and Murdoch vs. Batman and Robin and a US Title defence from MVP possibly in a four way with Finlay, Matt and Flair added to the card which would automatically make it very watchable indeed. Edited by Naitch

The Cena/Lashley match will probably be alright Lashyley hitting hard, and Cena working fine, but the build up is what's going to be abysmal. Lashley wandering around the ring with his doe-eyed stare, talking to Cena like he stole his lunch and then pushed him in the sandbox. Please don't tell me they're expecting Robert to work as a heel.

Actually his real first name is Franklin. Which is funny to me if anyone has ever seen the Franklin cartoon (for the record, my nieces watch it).

As far as Khali/Batista goes, they might as well rename the PPV, The Great American Botchfest for this one. I am not really looking forward to this match and I still don't know where Batista is heading now that he's out of the main event picture.

I also have to question Rey Mysterio's alleged return. Now that he is apparently going to be investigated in the Dr. Astin case, will he even make his return?

I'm not even going to touch on the atrocity of having Victoria Vs. Torrie on the card.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Wrestlemania 23 says hello....well it would if it could speak, so I'm saying hello on it's behalf.

I was about to say the exact same thing. Royal Rumble 2007 says hello also.

As for the card so far...

WWE Championship:

John Cena © Vs. Bobby Lashley

I'm looking forward to it. There seems to be no line between face and heel these days, but no matter. Cena to make Lashley look better than he has since Finlay.

World Heavyweight Championship:

Edge © Vs. Kane

I'm not interested in Edge or Kane anymore. Should be decent, Edge obviously to win. Hopefully it ends at SS with an appropriate gimmick match.

ECW World Championship:

Johnny Nitro © Vs. CM Punk

I've not got high hopes for this, mainly because their Vengeance match wasnt great. Still should be a good match, and I actually have someone to root for. I hope this goes on for a while yet, ending with Punk winning. I can only hope.

Batista Vs. The Great Khali

Yuck. Should be about the same big man vs brick wall match that Kane had with him at WM. Not interested.

Victoria Vs. Torrie Wilson

Not confirmed as a match yet. If it does happen, no worries, I like Divas, and Vickie can definitely get Torrie to a decent match.

Guest Jimmy Redman
And I am hopeful that Hardy v MVP will be as well. I am utterly sick of Hardy winning "big" matches on SD against guys, and then feuding with no one.

I think it would be a shame not to have Hardy vs MVP - It's pretty much a cert, mind. Damn, I want Hardy to win that, I doubt he will, though. I'd bet money it'd be match of the night.

Edge vs Kane does nothing for me. Aside from the fact I'm not a fan of either guy, the way it was set up is a joke. I guess they've finally sussed out that by removing Batista from the title picture - Edge hasn't actually got anyone to feud with - except Matt Hardy, which to be fair, they're building up - well, I hope they are.

I like Batista, I think he gets a rough ride - but there's not a man on the planet who can have an entertaining match with Khali. He is dreadfully unentertaining.

Cena/Lashley will be what it is. I'll wait and see. Swap Booby for Batista and you have a money match.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think it would be a shame not to have Hardy vs MVP - It's pretty much a cert, mind. Damn, I want Hardy to win that, I doubt he will, though. I'd bet money it'd be match of the night.

Edge vs Kane does nothing for me. Aside from the fact I'm not a fan of either guy, the way it was set up is a joke. I guess they've finally sussed out that by removing Batista from the title picture - Edge hasn't actually got anyone to feud with - except Matt Hardy, which to be fair, they're building up - well, I hope they are.

Cena/Lashley will be what it is. I'll wait and see. Swap Booby for Batista and you have a money match.

:lol

Anywho, I am hoping with you that they are building Hardy up for a reason. I actually hope that he doesnt win the title at GAB, but rather that he chases MVP for another PPV or so, eventually winning it in in the end in true babyface style. Although a long US title chase/run for Hardy means that he cant face Edge anytime soon, but again, I'd rather they built that up to be something special.

Guest Kanenite
Doesn't seem to bad of a card. Edge/Kane should be decent, Batista/Khali will probably be dire, Cena/Lashley should be good and Nitro/Punk should be decent. Hopefully Matt Hardy for the US Title against MVP will be added.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Hey, I'm a huge Hardy fan, and Triple H and Batista - but I would indeed swap them in a second for some boobies. Lady boobies, I'd like to point out - and I'd only want them for a day - nah, a week :brows

Havent you got a woman? :P

Guest mrkennedy
Why does everybody knock on Lashley he is a good wrestler I have been entertained everytime I see him fight except for his Umaga matches and I hope he whips little spinny title boy Cena into the cheap seats. Lashley for champ and then Kennedy to win it and then Kennedy vs Trips that would be great.

Guest DanielFullard
I think Id be more interested in HBK v Kennedy at this point as I think a HHH feud, especially with him just coming back, would be a bad move for any heel lookign to rise to the top of card