Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The Great American Bash Discussion Thread - 22nd July 2007

TPIB

Indeed, MVP Vs. Matt for the U.S. Title has been added to the card. I'm hoping for a Hardy win here. Like I said, it's about time. Although MVP dropping the title already is hard to believe, I could see it happening. Possibly a feud between MVP/Matt where they trade the title back-and-forth, ala Jeff/Nitro of last year.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kanenite
MVP/Matt should be great, I hope MVP retains and they carry on a feud. The card isn't looking to bad at the moment, much better than I could see it shaping up to become.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Kane

ECW World Champion Johnny Nitro vs. CM Punk

Women's Champion Candice Michelle vs. Melina

Dusty Rhodes vs. Randy Orton (Texas Bull Rope Match)

United States Champion MVP vs. Matt Hardy

Batista vs. The Great Khali

I might have paid for this card after all....

That looks like the best wrestling card I've seen in God knows how long.

Cena/Lashley will be really good. Lashley should work well as the heelish big man and Cena works better when he genuinely has odds to overcome (a guy the size of Michaels isn't really an odd) and is on the defensive against a big man. I don't expect this match to be anything less than good.

Edge/Kane'll be a good match if nothing else. I like Kane and Edge is on a roll lately.

Nitro should be able to carry Punk to something decent but I won't hold my breath.

Dusty/Randy will be great. The gimmick will hide limitations that Dusty has, and Orton is on a roll right now.

MVP/Hardy, if given time, will be MOTN. I just suspect it'll only get 10 minutes which is a damn shame. Give 'em 20 and let them tear the house down.

Guest Wrestling God
If there is a God up there, let him put Randy Orton over Dusty Rhodes and continue his great ascent back toward the top.

Guest mrkennedy
Im actually really looking forward to this pay per view hopefully we have a new champion Kane or Lashley but obviously thats not going to happen. I hate Cena so much and he should beat Lashley which is quiet a waste of a good match later down the line. Even if Kane wins Edge will win it back.

Guest Chriscare
Apparently Ede has picked up a victory, i can't see them taking the title unless its serious, but if it may be Kane's time.

Guest DanielFullard

I agree this could be a corking PPV.

Cena v Lashley could be very good and Im sure the crowd will be hot for it which makes it that much more entertaining. Im not sure Lashley will turn into the Heelish Big Man but more than likely they will work it along the lines of Warrior v Hogan and have them trading blows etc for the match with a finisher trading end. Also its one of the most unpredictable main events in a while. Cena's rumoured time off, Lashleys huge push.....cant tell which way this one will of to be honest

Edge v Kane could have been a good match too but Edge's injury might hold him back. Cant see the injury causing him to switch and hope it isnt too bad as I want an Edge v Rey feud asap

MVP v Matt....A super-over face and a hell who can really work. Could be brilliant but as somone said, they need the time.

ECW World Champion Johnny Nitro vs. CM Punk - First ECW title match Ive really cared about seeing in a long time (other than Benoit v Punk of course) and there has been some good booking leading into this. Could be good

Women's Champion Candice Michelle vs. Melina - Get the strap back around Melina. Candice does nothing for the title, the womens division or anything and the only person who cheers for her is herself on her entrance. Get it to Melina and then lets have some Pheonix, James and Melina three ways

Dusty Rhodes vs. Randy Orton (Texas Bull Rope Match) - One slap and one intense promo and they have made a match that Im very much looking forward to

Batista vs. The Great Khali - Less said the better

Umaga Vs. Jeff Hardy for the Intercontinental Title has been added to the GAB card. No question that I'm pulling for Jeff in this one, even though Jeff winning the title from Umaga seems like a longshot (wouldn't this be Jeff's fourth reign if he won?).

Should be a good match, but Jeff should be used as nothing more than Umaga's bitch. Just let him absolutely MURDER Hardy and all will be right in the world.

Nothing in wrestling beats a great big man destroying people.

Guest SuperKick Kid

I GOT IT.

The Jackass guys will cost Umaga the title, since Jeff is a Daredevilish guy like them and there has been talk about Jeff working with the Jackass guys.

This leads to Jackass guys vs Umaga at SummerSlam.

Guest Chriscare
Surely Jeff has to win this one, he's the top face not in the world title picture on Raw, him get beat down would just be awful booking, Umaga has no one to defend against

Guest Slim Jim
Yeah that would work - start the Jackass thing that has to start sometime, and there's no point in having Umaga squash the same people over and over.