Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The Great American Bash Discussion Thread - 22nd July 2007

TPIB

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time the cruiserweight title changed hands in a one on one match?

I might be wrong, but on PPV? It think, Armageddon 2005.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Spoiler regarding the IC title.

Umaga was kept off RAW last night for an unknown reason. That seems odd and we've heard Hardy is taking the IC title Sunday. More soon

Maybe this has something to do with the Huge Summerslam Spoilers. As in, Umaga, not the Jackass guys, have pulled out.

Decent enough card. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it already being declared one of the worst PPVs of all time, on paper it looks fine and I'd be surprised if it turned out any worse than that. And hey, tis' free.

The people proclaiming Cena-Lesnar to be a potential Evad Sullivan vs. Nailz disaster of epic proportions are being a tad overdramatic, Cena delivers the goods on PPV and Lashley is perfectly fine in ring, I think it’ll be a nifty little match. Triple threat isn’t going to set the world on fire to say the least but it’ll probably be quite short, involve shortcuts, bells and whistles and be not too offensive. US Title match sold me on watching the PPV right away, the addition of a couple more matches may harm the match time allocated to it but even with that it can’t be anything less than good if it involves Hardy and MV F’n P. Umaga murderising Jeff Hardy was fun the last couple of times and I would expect the same this time round. Punk vs. Doors Guy I’m not particularly interested in but I doubt it’ll stink the place out.

P. S. I love that in 2007 Vince finally got round to hearing about this new, hip, young band The Doors and thought, hey, Nitro kinda looks like that singer guy.

Dusty sold me on a Randy Orton match because Dusty is Dusty and he might be 108 (stone and years old) but it’s still Dusty Rhodes and again there’ll be bells and whistles and a bit of blood thrown in so it should be fun. Womens match and Cruiserweight thing are…there, I guess. At least it’s Jamie Noble boy on PPV. Also nice to see Sandman get a spot on there because he rules the world but alas all work and no Finlay makes a wrestling fan a dull boy. These combined PPVs have really kicked his ass.

Also I can’t be the only one who thinks Khali isn’t simply a 2 day Champ making way for Batista, I’m thinking Khali wins at Bash and holds the belt until at least Summerslam. They’ll drag out Batista getting him one on one for the title. Knowing Vince, the backlash against Khali winning the belt will probably lead to him holding it until Wrestlemania or something.

Edited by Naitch

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

After missing my first PPV in 17 years last month I will be happy to see the Bash, that said the card is nothing special as I read through it will it be a terrible PPV coubt it, will it be a great PPV I doubt it too, but I am not going into it with the mindset it will be this or that and will make my mind up as I see it

MVP vs Matt Hardy is the main show I am looking forwards to and the Dusty vs Orton match the show I am least looking forwards to, the rest I could take or leave on paper (more leave then take admittadly)

As reported, Chavo Vs. Yang Vs. Noble Vs. Funaki Vs. Moore in a Cruiserweight Open for the Cruiserweight Title has been added to the card. Likely to help even out the card.

Guest DanielFullard

I too am very much looking forward to this PPV. Cena v Lashley is perhaps the biggest match the WWE have put on since Mania and Im really unsure of which way it will go adding to the excitement. Its not often a Cena match is up in the air regarding the result so this should be fun.

Punk v Morrison has been well booked in my view, despite the questionable name change and I can imagine this being a very good match whihc the crowd will really get into. And MVP v Hardy could be a show stealer but with the CW match and Cane match added its unlikely to get the time it deserves.

P. S. I love that in 2007 Vince finally got round to hearing about this new, hip, young band The Doors and thought, hey, Nitro kinda looks like that singer guy.

Thank god someone else is thinking the same! i havent heard anyone make that link yet! (Admittedly i might have missed it if someone has) But i was wondering if it was only me.

I quite like it if thats the road they're going with the character

Guest Dazoggsta
I was actually quite looking forward to watching this, but my sky box has packed in. It looks pretty good and I was even looking forward to the triple threat match.

Guest FreeSpirit
LMAO at Hornswoggle winning the Cruiserweight Title. That was brilliant booking which I never saw coming. Great stuff. :lol

Guest dpddave

Hornswoggle as champ is brilliant! This is the happiest day of my life. Finally an Irish champion. Hornswoggle will do us all proud.

Hopefully he'll move up to the heavyweight division and and win the WHC at WM24 just like Rey did.

Guest FreeSpirit
That Umaga Vs Jeff Hardy match was brilliant. Loved the ending as Umaga really turned it up a gear. Best match of the night so far. :xyx

Guest Cathal
Awesome PPV so far,all the matches have been enjoyable but giving Hornswoggle the CW title seems a bit over the top.