Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  20 members  ·  Free

Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Guest Wolverine

Guest Charlemagne
also the casting of the actors, even the peripheral characters like 'Loony' Luna are brilliantly cast.

Apart from Michael Gambon playing Dumbledore. Richard Harris was awesome in the first 2 and truly represented Dumbledore in the books but when reading the books again, you cant imagine the Gambon character doing or saying things Dumbledore does!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think its a bad sign that I cant even remember much about what a Horcrux and R.A.B. and all that is. I havent read the latest book in a while, I might have to.

I've only ever read the first book, and the plot summaries of the other books online so i'm not sure, BUT:

A horcrux is something that Harry has to destroy in order to kill Voldermort, and there are several of them. R.A.B is the initials (we're assuming) of someone who stole one of the horcrux's (we're assuming).

I'm I right there, someone who knows?

Voldemort split his soul into several bits to ensure he couldnt be killed. These are the horcrux. Harry can beat him, but not kill him, until all these have been destroyed. R.A.B. stole one of them, but we dont know who he is yet.

Guest Wolverine

Yeah, that's right. Voldemort has split his soul into seven. One piece of his soul resides in his body. Each of the other six segments of his soul resides in a Horcrux. In order to kill Voldemort, Harry must destroy all of the Horcruxes.

Two have already been dealt with. Harry destroyed Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets and Dumbledore destroyed Marvolo's old ring.

Of the remaining Horcruxes (these are just Dumbledore's guesses, but he's probably correct), one is Hufflepuff's cup, one is Slytherin's locket (the Horcrux stolen by R.A.B), one is Voldemort's snake, Nagini, and one is an artifact which belonged to either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

Not really, because Voldemort can only be killed if all the horcruxes are destroyed. that means Harry HAS to die, so really Voldemort knows that if worst comes to worst at least he gets his revenge in the end.

So then he predicted that Harry wouldn't die/would counter the Avara Kedavera curse?

Guest dpddave

When the curse backfired on Voldermort his soul was ripped form his body,part of his soul could have transferred into Harry,therefore making Harry a horcrux by accident. Voldermort didnt intend on making harry a horcrux,he wanted to kill him as the profiecy (sp?) said harry was the only one with the power to destroy the dark lord.

When Voldermort had killed harry he intended making his final horcrux with the bit of his soul that had killed harry,chance are he brought the item he intended making into a horcrux to harry house.

So most likely when he lost his powers that bit of soul went into Harry or else into the item Voldermort brought to the house and its still there....

Guest SuperKick Kid

Just rethinking things and now I think that the "Big 3" aka Harry, Ron, and Hermione will survive.

The two good guys who are most likely to die are - Ginny and Hagrid.

and the whole "Harry is a Horcrux thing" I never liked or thought was possible.

First reason would be the one that has been said.

Why would Voldemort want to destroy one of his own Horcrux's?

Secondly, in order to create a Horcrux you must kill someone and at that moment transfer part of your soul into the object in question.

The last person that was killed in the Potter house was his mother and Voldemort would not transfer part of his soul into someone he was about to kill.

The final Horcrux may or may not be a surprise, but I definitely don't think it will be Harry.