Fan Clubs (beta)

The American Football Thread

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit
The National Football League Official Website HERE

I'm not really a fan of NFL (the only time I ever watch a full game is The Superbowl) but I see that the new season is getting underway tonight on Sky Sports 1 with the Superbowl Champions Indianapolis Colts starting their defence of the title against New Orleans Saints.

So I thought why not start a good old fashioned American Football thread for discussion about the upcoming 5 month season. So lets kick this discussion off by asking who is everyone's favourite team, and who they think will be Superbowl Champs when the season comes to a climax early next year?

Edited by FreeSpirit

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuperKick Kid

Bears to go back to the Superbowl this year and win it.

Da Bears are my team and I think this is the year for them.

I don't think the Colts are going to do all that well this year.

Bears to go back to the Superbowl this year and win it.

Da Bears are my team and I think this is the year for them.

I don't think the Colts are going to do all that well this year.

The Colts will be fine. Last year in the playoffs where the first time during the Peyton Manning era that the defense actually stepped up. Another 12 win season for them.

Guest Charlemagne

Great opening night victory for the Colts last night. Won 41-10 against a high quality New Orleans Saints side in what i thought would be a close game. Were tied 10-10 going into halftime but after the break Manning showed why he is the best QB in the league. Colts defense seems a good improvement on the one they had last year. Their rush (running) defense was woeful last year but made two great Running backs, Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush look aveage last night. Tony Ugoh looks a good replacement for Terik Glenn at LT

My team is the Green Bay Packers by the way. A young team going into this year (even though our QB Brett Favre is 37!) with a solid defence gives us a slight hope of a wildcard! Cant see us finishing higher than the B*#rs though!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I am and always have been a huge fan of the Oakland Raiders (not like all you glory hogs who support the Patriots just because they won the Superbowl a few times in a row :lol)

Once again I see my beloved team having a poor season and can't really see anyone other then the Colts going all the way again with Manning at Quaterback

Colts destroyed the Saints last night too in their opening game

I am and always have been a huge fan of the Oakland Raiders (not like all you glory hogs who support the Patriots just because they won the Superbowl a few times in a row :lol)

Hey there, I was actually a fan of the Patriots when they were going to face the Greatest Show on Turf aka the Rams of 01', so in your face. I can't be a glory hunter because when I started to support them they were the underdogs of the Super Bowl. Plus, my favourite player plays for them now, what do you expect? ^_^

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Hey there, I was actually a fan of the Patriots when they were going to face the Greatest Show on Turf aka the Rams of 01', so in your face. I can't be a glory hunter because when I started to support them they were the underdogs of the Super Bowl. Plus, my favourite player plays for them now, what do you expect? ^_^
I'll believe you Drake thousends wouldn't :P

I support the Lions. I used to follow the Dogs until they were thrashed by the Fleas that time. I also look out for the results of the Huskies, whilst despising the Mice.

As you may have just guessed, I know NOTHING about American Football. Infact, that's a lie. I once learnt from Homer Simpson that owning the Denver Bronco's is lame. *nods*

Guest Danny Styles
Bengal's for me, as many arrests as wins last season and Chris Henry banned for 8 games at the start of this season,. yet i'm hopeing for a playoff wildcard and we are on sky sports at 12am tuesday vs ravens :D

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
and we are on sky sports at 12am tuesday vs ravens :D
Its not fair, the Raiders are not on any channel at all during the first 3 weeks of the season :bawl

Guest Jimmy Redman
Funny y'all should mention NFL. The Battered Sav, otherwise known as Saverio Rocca, was a huge Australian Rules footballer, and he is now punting for the Eagles. I wish him luck, Aussie Represent. Yo.

Funny y'all should mention NFL. The Battered Sav, otherwise known as Saverio Rocca, was a huge Australian Rules footballer, and he is now punting for the Eagles. I wish him luck, Aussie Represent. Yo.

He got absolutely clocked in the first preseason game, but he took it like a man and got right back up. A true G.

Also, I full expect my New York Football Giants to deal with the Cowboys. Tony Homo and O.D. will feel the wrath of Big Blue.

Guest Jimmy Redman
He got absolutely clocked in the first preseason game, but he took it like a man and got right back up. A true G.

Also, I full expect my New York Football Giants to deal with the Cowboys. Tony Homo and O.D. will feel the wrath of Big Blue.

Yeah I read about that. Heh, they're tough enough, trust me. In AFL everyone gets belted like that with no pads and stuff.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

All you Pats fans start celebrating your team has just crushed the Jets...

New England Patriots 38 - 14 New York Jets

Washington Redskins 16 - 13 Miami Dolphins

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer