Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

JBL Tribute Thread

Guest Wolverine

Guest JBL is God

Wrestling God is Returning to action

Whats your'e thoughts on JBL's in ring return and move to Raw? Love him or hate him, his mike work alone will make Raw interesting.:good222:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Joker
Actually, Santino is the only reason I enjoy promo's these days and Im not even remotely intereseted in JBL returning. I think the guy is a f*cking idiot. The feud with Jericho will be so boring.

Guest JBL is God
Actually, Santino is the only reason I enjoy promo's these days and Im not even remotely intereseted in JBL returning. I think the guy is a f*cking idiot. The feud with Jericho will be so boring.

Santino is cool, but JBL is THE man, despite what you think

I think I'm going to enjoy JBL back in the ring almost as much as I'm going to miss him on commentary. Which is alot for those of you not in the know.

Guest luke_dolan
as happy as i am to see him back in the ring i wished he could have still commentated on smackdown at the same time :( my royal rumble favourite is now JBL!

Guest Jimmy Redman
I'm opening myself up to be proven wrong here, but I infinitely prefer JBL as a Smackdown commentator than any kind of wrestler. I love his promos as much as anyone, but I still prefer him as an announcer. Put it this way, as a commentator, we get him talking THE ENTIRE SHOW, he's not in the way and he's putting over almost everyone on the show. As a wrestler, he might cut a promo every week, and he will WRESTLE. To me, JBL returning to the ring just equals less JBL talking and more JBL wrestling, not to mention the loss to my personal Smackdown viewing pleasure.

I assume the reason he's coming back is due to the device that he talked about on WWE.com just after he started commentating. Apparently it somehow tries to correct spinal errors without surgery. Nice that they hopefully have a good way to avoid surgery. Now give it to people on the NHS, cause I'll need that in a few years. Back problems seriously suck...

Still, I'd much prefer him to carry on commentating, as he really is the best thing ever to happen to SD! commentary. Not dissing Tazz or anything, but JBL bounces really well off Cole, since he's almost totally heel. And I love how he puts people over, even the guys he's "hates", while telling you how much he hates them. It's just very clever.

Guest John Hancock
I'm not looking forward to this. He's potentially the best commentater ever, oh, that's right, EVER! Now, instead, we get a washed up ex-wrestler making me forget why I ever LOVED him in the first place through terrible matches and dead-as-Benoit crowds....fighting JBL.

Chris Harris is going to sue you for gimmick infringement if you keep this up.:lol

Guest jim vs shark
I'm not looking forward to this. He's potentially the best commentater ever, oh, that's right, EVER! Now, instead, we get a washed up ex-wrestler making me forget why I ever LOVED him in the first place through terrible matches and dead-as-Benoit crowds ....fighting JBL.

uh oh he went there

JBL was a pretty damn decent commentator, especially when he bluntly told Michael Cole to shut up on TV

think he'll be hard-pressed to be as much of a ******* heel as he was back when he was champion

Guest Scotty2Hotty
It would of been great news... if he stayed on Smackdown. Why they felt the need to shift him is completely stupid, do they forget that he attacked batista and taker? play off that and stick him in the badly needed SD main event! Heel edge v.s Heel JBL could be gold if worked right too.

Please save us from JBL

I don't think JBL is going to RAW to be an annoucer. That's what he said on Smackdown. I think he's actually coming out of retirement to wrestle. He said he is going after the WWE title. My question is who is going to replace him on Smackdown?

Guest sarahrko
I prefer him as a commentator. I was never a big fan of his wrestling. He was a great SD! commentator. I don't like this Y2J/JBL feud.. much preferred the Orton/Jericho feud =D

Guest John Hancock
I don't think JBL is going to RAW to be an annoucer. That's what he said on Smackdown. I think he's actually coming out of retirement to wrestle. He said he is going after the WWE title. My question is who is going to replace him on Smackdown?

Who thought he was coming as an announcer? Even WWE.com openly said he's going to RAW as an active wrestler.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was just Taz again. He's there for ECW anyway. I'd rather they put Taz on Smackdown and bought in Heyman for ECW, but that will clearly never happen.

Guest jim vs shark

I wouldn't be suprised if it was just Taz again. He's there for ECW anyway. I'd rather they put Taz on Smackdown and bought in Heyman for ECW, but that will clearly never happen.

they should bring back cyrus the virus as ECW colour commentator =D have him as a sci-fi channel representative that whines about not enough "sci-fi relative material" being on ecw

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
If Taz goes to Smackdown, Elijah Burke needs to be on commentary on ECW.

We won't get to see him wrestle though :sad5:

Heyman would be good but as has been said very doubtful.