Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Xbox

Xbox 360 HD

RetroIC Gaming

Guest Springsteen
You have to pay for a HD cable to connect the 360 to the TV? I got one free with my PS3, not that I get the chance to use it, my mum won't give me her HDTV :(

Guest Jaycey Baby
You can definitely see the improvement in games, much more so than regular TV, I think. It's probably worth it just so you can read the text comfortably in 360 games - I wish developers would use a larger, clearer font for SD for us mooks still stuck with crappy small TVs.

I wish developers would use a larger, clearer font for SD for us mooks still stuck with crappy small TVs.

This.

My eyesight's bad enough without me having to walk over to the TV to read whatever they stick up there every few minutes. :lol

Guest Andrew

Rightio,

It all depends on what type of 360 you have. If you got a Premium one you should have a component HD Cable (It has about 5 different coloured prongs at the end of the lead to plug into your telly box) already in the box and that will work fine on your HDTV. If you got a core / old arcade you will only be able to connect it via the component method mentioned above.

Now if you have one of the new models or an elite 360 they should all now have HDMI outputs. (HDMI cable comes free with the Elite) You should be able to pick up a cheapish HDMI cable for £10-£15 I'd imagine.

This is the problem with having so many SKU's, it's hard to advise you what to do as you might not have the right connection for your 360.

Guest Dave7g
And don't forget to flick the switch on your 360 to HD, you would be surprised how many people don't and have been shocked by the difference when I did it for them.

Guest Andrew
That is the one, now hopefully your HDTV will be one that still accepts Component HD. Just plug the right coloured prongs into the back of your tv, flick the switch to HD on your cable and you should be away. (From what I remember you don't need to plug in the yellow one)

Guest Jaycey Baby
This.

My eyesight's bad enough without me having to walk over to the TV to read whatever they stick up there every few minutes. :lol

Dead Space is the worst culprit of the games I've played, especially since a fair bit of plot exposition is in text form, from logs you pick up.

Guest Chriscare
Dead Space is the worst culprit of the games I've played, especially since a fair bit of plot exposition is in text form, from logs you pick up.

Yea Deadspace is blates made for HD.

The general rule for HD is that if you're TV is under 37 inches, you're barely gonna notice the difference. However, stuff like the text in Deadspace breaks that rule

Guest ScottyB
You have to pay for a HD cable to connect the 360 to the TV? I got one free with my PS3, not that I get the chance to use it, my mum won't give me her HDTV :(

I thought you had SkyHD?

Guest Tommate2k9

I would get a HDMI cable, i got one as soon as i got my HDTV from my local GAME for about £12 and that was about a year ago!

HDMI helps clear static from the picture and the sound. just fully tightens everything up and you don't need you old scat cable you got with your console. you just replace it the the HDMI. If you are serious about gaming, I would get one. You may ont see alot of difference but it's properly worth getting one.