Fan Clubs (beta)

Sonic or Mario? - Sega or Nintendo?

Guest Crashmojo

Guest Da Showstoppa
I was a Sega child through and through. Sonic was waaay cooler than Mario.

Plus Nintendo just rammed Mario down people's throats - there must have been a hundred games with his stupid face (or related characters) in. Originally at least, Sega used Sonic sparingly.

I too was a Sega child, from Master System to Dreamcast (and I paid £400 for a Saturn on launch day too :roll )

The Game Gear owned the Game Boy BTW, but it did kill batteries ridiculously fast.

Guest The Bisch
I still remember the first time I played Sonic on the Mega Drive - gorgeous graphics, great music and a really cool central character..I recall thinking Mario was so pedestrian and bland in comparison

I was a Sega Child... well, actually I was botha Nintendo and Sega child, but I used to lean more towards Sega. From Alex Kidd to Sonic, I loved Sega more than my own family. :lol

I love Mario for the retarded little Italian man he is. His character is beyond all comprehension and the games are decent to good nearly every time.

Never got into Sonic I'm afraid.

Sonic all the way for me. That faithull SEEEGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA when you turn on the original Sonic games on still brings a smile to me face :)
When I got the Megadrive Collection for PS3 last year and heard that opening followed by the start of the Sonic music, I grinned from ear to ear.

Sonic on the MegaDrive was better than Mario on the Snes,

Why play as a fat slow plumber when you can play as a cool fast hedgehog that can rev like a motorbike.

Sadly after the MegaDrive Sonic was s**t. But they're releasing a 2-D Sonic 4 soon so fingers crossed.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Sonic all the way for me. That faithull SEEEGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA when you turn on the original Sonic games on still brings a smile to me face :)

UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT A and START together classic

This (twice)

I loved the boss music in Sonic 2 as well.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

And played by an Orchestra

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE] Edited by Da Showstoppa

I had a SNES and super mario brothers 3 growing up. That said, I spent most of my time playing wolfenstein, doom and most of the space/police/kings quest games on my DOS computer, so that actually wins.

Out of the choices, Nintendo, not for Mario, but because they had a brilliant tetris game.

I never had a megadrive or a snes, but I was crap at sonic and had very few goes on mario until the gameboy came out. I think I had an Amiga then, so I was playing games on discs.