Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Spanky *SPOILERS*

Guest Russ

On the Velocity tapings, Funaki lost to a guy named Dynamite. Surely just a mild shocker, an indy worker beating an established WWE worker?

Actually, no. According to reports, this Dynamite finished off Funaki with the Sliced Bread #2.

Congratulations Spanky, welcome to the "WWE changed my name" Club. Rhyno will lead you to your room.

Let's just hope he doesn't have a an explosives gimmick.

Anyway, sit back and wait for the "Dynamite makes bang in WWE!" and "Dynamite known to have short fuse" jokes.

Lets hope he takes the Max Moon gimmick where he has a jet propelled back pack to help him up the ring steps :D :D :evil

Why change his gimmick, Spanky was God Gift to gimmicks, he played a screwed up Shawn Michaels who liked listening and dancing to Britney Spears,

I suppose its a case of Vince saying...I didn't think of the gimmick therefore i dont like it.

Edited by Verb

Guest Hosgood

At least he wont be entering to the sound of Genie in a bottle anymore.

Now Michaels do something worthwhile and get American Dragon a job. Angle has his team, so can benoit, just put Dragon with either "Dynamite" or Dinsmore.

Speaking of dodgy name changes - anyone notice Tony Mamaluke's very strange name on Velocity a few weeks back?

I always liked the name "Spanky",but i guess the WWE must have high hopes for Spanky to gve him a name like "Dynamite"!you can hardly call a wrestler "dynamite"if he sucks!i look forwards to his debut!:)

Originally posted by Hosgood

At least he wont be entering to the sound of Genie in a bottle anymore.

Now Michaels do something worthwhile and get American Dragon a job. Angle has his team, so can benoit, just put Dragon with either "Dynamite" or Dinsmore.

Speaking of dodgy name changes - anyone notice Tony Mamaluke's very strange name on Velocity a few weeks back?

I think Paul London and Michaels Nephew Michael Shane will get a job before Mr. Danielson (I so want AmDrag to do a Karate Kid Gimmick because of his surname)

From the Observer site:

The character that Spanky played at Tuesday's taping in Tucson for Velocity on Saturday night was a masked man called The Diamond Back, not Dynamite. The name was used because of the Arizona Diamondbacks. I don't know exactly his gimmick but he won't be using that name in other cities, but maybe using the same costume and call himself after the local sports franchises (maybe he can be Andre the Giant in NY and SF). Again, I don't have full details on the gimmick other than that.

• 2 weeks later...
I"m just renewing this thread after watching Velocity this week.i counted 3 ROH men on this weeks show,American Dragon,Xavier and "The Jet"?(Spanky again),Dragon had a fairly decent match,poor Xavier was against Chuck Palumbo,and was typically squashed,but still managed to look like he has prospects in WWEs cruiserweight division(if it ever gets going!),but "The Jet" was put over Shannon Moore and looked good,only problem is they seem to change his name every time he wrestles,how are the fans supposed to take to him?I"m just pleased to see all 3 on WWE tv!:)

Guest Seabass
Originally posted by Russ

Actually, no. According to reports, this Dynamite finished off Funaki with the Sliced Bread #2.

:lol:

i just notice that sentence. what a finisher name, i really hope that it looks good and that they keep the name

JR: "OMG! he just used the Sliced Bread #2" "the power,the tenasity of the Sliced Bread #2"- "the ain't getting up from the Scliced Bread" and my personal fave - "OMG scliced Bread #2 on the table" + "the Sliced Bread on his groin"

truly the greatest finisher since Sliced Bread

Guest Hosgood

Sliced bread number 2 (if I remember correctly) is similar to the Dudley Dog (Spike's finisher), but instead of bulldoging his opponent, he back flips over him turning it into a reverse DDT. Pretty dull actually.

Spanky's good but he'll never get over with this gimmick especially with the sh!te generic masks they keep giving him. It was definately the best Velocity episode by fair, Brian Danielson's (aka American Dragon) match with Knoble is well worth watching if they show it again.