Fan Clubs (beta)

Xbox

Guest Jayfunk

Guest Jayfunk

Ok, I'm finally going to buy an Xbox 360 (carm down Dave) today

my question is simple, is it any good (i think it is) what games are the best and is there anything to watch out for?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

If you have to ask if its any good, why have you already decided to get one?

Its the best machine on the market, there are shitloads of hot games, but it depends what sort of games you like.

Guest Ruderz

Jay, honestly, how did you manage to hit the r instead of the l? They're miles away from each other. Unless Carm is the new way of saying calm and I'm just out of touch.

Anyway, Xbox 360 is the best consule available. Games like Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3, Dead Space, Call of Duty Series as a whole, Fear 1 & 2, Gears of War 1 & 2 (and 3 when it comes out) Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Dead Rising, Blacksite, the SmackDown vs Raw games (although i think they're shit now, you will probably like them) Oblivion, Two Worlds (LOL jk), Command and Conquer, all these games are brilliant.

Jay, I recommend getting a lovefilm account to go with your xbox 360. Once it's all set up you can get two games for however long you want, for like a tenner a month. Very good deal.

Anyway, Xbox 360 is the best consule available.

Stop being a fanboy (:P), 'best' is entirely subjective. I could point out that certain games cant be played on the 360 as it doesnt have the processing power (iNFAMOUS 2 and Uncharted 2 spring to mind), I could point out that the 360 has, generally, less intergrated stuff (wireless adaptor needed on the old models for example).

Fact is that from a purely technical POV theres little between them, but the PS3 is the 'better' console in terms of as a stand alone unit, the 360 is 'better' in terms of value for money as a stand alone unit.

The games you have mentioned a lot of them are cross platform and the PS3 has excellent games not availiable on the 360.

So yeah, best console, probably not, better games... depends what you like. If that makes it better for someone great, Im happy for you, but dont say out and out that its the best when its not that easy a thing to quantify.

Jay, honestly, how did you manage to hit the r instead of the l? They're miles away from each other. Unless Carm is the new way of saying calm and I'm just out of touch.

Anyway, Xbox 360 is the best consule available. Games like Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3, Dead Space, Call of Duty Series as a whole, Fear 1 & 2, Gears of War 1 & 2 (and 3 when it comes out) Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Dead Rising, Blacksite, the SmackDown vs Raw games (although i think they're shit now, you will probably like them) Oblivion, Two Worlds (LOL jk), Command and Conquer, all these games are brilliant.

Jay, I recommend getting a lovefilm account to go with your xbox 360. Once it's all set up you can get two games for however long you want, for like a tenner a month. Very good deal.

You mean Console?

Yeah, I'm with you. It's hard trying to decide which system you like best.

We have both systems in the house. I just seem to be more comfortable with the PS3 for some reason. Maybe because I've had a PlayStation system since their inception. I dunno. I like the Xbox as well. It's honestly a tough call. Gun to my head, I'd have to say PS3.

Guest Ruderz
Stop being a fanboy (:P), 'best' is entirely subjective. I could point out that certain games cant be played on the 360 as it doesnt have the processing power (iNFAMOUS 2 and Uncharted 2 spring to mind), I could point out that the 360 has, generally, less intergrated stuff (wireless adaptor needed on the old models for example).

Fact is that from a purely technical POV theres little between them, but the PS3 is the 'better' console in terms of as a stand alone unit, the 360 is 'better' in terms of value for money as a stand alone unit.

The games you have mentioned a lot of them are cross platform and the PS3 has excellent games not availiable on the 360.

So yeah, best console, probably not, better games... depends what you like. If that makes it better for someone great, Im happy for you, but dont say out and out that its the best when its not that easy a thing to quantify.

Okay I was a bit of a fan-boy there yeah I'll admit. :P I just find the PS3 games over-priced to points it's utterly ridiculous.

You mean Console?

I genuinley forgot how to spell it, I'm sure Jay didn't forget how to spell calm :lol

Guest Jayfunk
If you have to ask if its any good, why have you already decided to get one?

because i want one of the newer generation but cannot afford a PS3 my first pick

Guest Phil
If you want a PS3 more, save up.

As for games pricing, they have been about the same anywhere I've gone. Ruderz, where the heck are you shopping? :lol

for some reason Tesco and ASDA have different prices for X Box and PS3 games, only by a couple of quid, but generally the same game on the PS3 will be a bit mroe expensive.

I assumed it was the same everywhere, but maybe it isn't?