Fan Clubs (beta)

Xbox

Guest Jayfunk

Guest Phil
I've never played a PS3 (my xbos was 'borrowed' from my cousin who now lives in Spain :)) but I don't like the amount of triggers on the xbox controller. The right andleft triggers feel quite natural for shooting games, but RB and LB I can never quite seem to hit properly.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reno

The PS3 controller feels like I'm holding air, and not in a good way. I really struggle to use the analogue sticks on the PS3 controller, find them extremely uncomfortable... which is strange, as I've used them since the first Playstation. I just find it too small, too light and too uncomfortable, and I've got little girls hands!

360 feels meatier, and I feel like I have more control and more power in that badboy. Plus, if I wanted to hit someone in the face with it, it'd actually do damage, unlike the PS3 controller which would probably break 'cause it's built for pansies.

I do like my PS3, despite blu-ray being the only thing that gets used by me now, I just much prefer my Xbox for when I'm playing games.

Guest Fiona

Not going to get into the whole PS/3veXbox thing as it is a personal preference thing but love the Xbox, it's a gamers dream.

As Dave said, get a copy of Red Dead Redemption (it's Grand Theft Auto set in the Old West), and the newest Blaze Blue game drops later this month. Already preordered ours from Gamestop.

Guest Ruderz
I personally don't think Red Dead is GTA set in the Old West. Red Dead is twice as in-depth as GTA ever has been, as if you take a break from the main storyline, and follow random people you'll see they have actual lives. They work etc... apart from just wondering the streets at random like in GTA. Red Dead is so much better than GTA.

I personally don't think Red Dead is GTA set in the Old West. Red Dead is twice as in-depth as GTA ever has been, as if you take a break from the main storyline, and follow random people you'll see they have actual lives. They work etc... apart from just wondering the streets at random like in GTA. Red Dead is so much better than GTA.

You say this like you have the game... FRAUD! :eek

Guest Fiona

I don't mean that you'll be driving cars and acting like a pimp, but the game is adapted by Rockstar from the GTA series. Yes the games is more expansive than any of the GTA games, but I found once you've placed a GTA game you can pick up the concept pretty easily.

I love it personally and love riding around on donkey's, slow as hell but hilarious.

Guest The Beltster
I like both controllers, they both have their pro's and con's, but I find that if I play PS3 right after playing 360, I feel like the little fragile PS3 pad is going to just snap in my hands. I would prefer if the 360 pad didnt need batteries though, they cost money and make the thing too heavy.

Regarding whether the Xbox360 is best or not, it really depends on what you are using it for.

The PS3 has better integrated peripherals and better output (wireless, blueray, native hdmi) and I find it works better as a media streamer than the 360 does. That's about as fact-y as it get when comparing the two, and that's only because I'm comparing the 360 to my PS3 original 60GB which has features left out of later versions.

I also find the ps3 controller is more comfortable for long periods of gaming.

Most tellingly, my PS3 plays my ps1 and ps2 games (upwards of 30 titles, many of which are replayable). Games which i'd have to buy a ps2 to play if I chose a 360 over a ps3, since my ps2 is dead.

But, if you're starting from scratch, and you only want to play games, and/or don't care about having multiple devices to do your media (bluray player etc.), then the price of the 360, and it's games is hard to resist. That, coupled with it's easy crack-ability and the ridiculous cheapness of said cracked games, is a pretty convincing argument for the 360. Hell, get a banned one off ebay and play all the cracked single player games on that, and have a legit one for your legit multiplayer games. Doing that may then cost more than a ps3, but in terms of savings, it'll repay the additional cost in less than 10 games.

Guest Fiona
I like both controllers, they both have their pro's and con's, but I find that if I play PS3 right after playing 360, I feel like the little fragile PS3 pad is going to just snap in my hands. I would prefer if the 360 pad didnt need batteries though, they cost money and make the thing too heavy.

We bought a wired controller and I like it better, never really been a fan of wireless controllers anyway.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh if you're getting a 360 then muthaf*cka' you buy every game that Valve releases ever.

Seriously though - the Orange Box is INCREDIBLE value for money. 5 simply amazing games that you can pick up nowadays for about £20.

Then of course I give you two words, two numbers and just one experience that will make you the happiest man in the world - Left 4 Dead 2. Genuinely probably the greatest thing in the world - although Live makes L4D2 better.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is another absolutely brilliant game!!

Personally I thought Alan Wake was very good fun.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else - but again; Orange Box and L4D2.

Guest The Beltster

Just to make you're decision harder, I thought the Left 4 Dead games were both completely atrocious.

:lol

Guest Anime Otaku
Just to make you're decision harder, I thought the Left 4 Dead games were both completely atrocious.

:lol

The L4D games are meant for multiplayer. Though that does mean you need to beat the odds and get a game with people who are willing to act as part of a team, or get 3 friends to play alongside. That said I don't play it online much and find them fun though I only tend to play for one campaign at a time except for when I first got it.

Guest The Beltster
I played the first before I was banned from Live and I hated it. I tried the 2nd one on my brothers XBox and it seemed exactly the same.