Fan Clubs (beta)

Curry

Guest MillionLiraMan

What's your favourite sort of curry?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite sort of curry?

• Phal
    • Morrich Massala or other unusual really hot one
    • Ceylon
    • Vindaloo
    • Madras
    • Jalfrezi
    • Massala
    • Bhuna
    • Dupiaza
    • Biryani
    • Dhansak
    • Malayan
    • Kurma
    • Plain
    • Balti (normal)
    • Shahi
    • Tandoori chicken/ Chicken or Lamb Tikka
    • Rogan Josh
    • Samba
    • Other

Guest MillionLiraMan

Sorry for all the new threads today, I just feel a bit lazy right now. :D

Anyway, everyone says their curry house is the best whenever the subject comes up, in my experience anyway. Where's your curry house and what's so special about it?

Alternatively, what sort of curry do you prefer, or is there a particular one you can't do without?

What beer do you have with your curries, or side dishes or whatever.

You don't have to reply to all of that lot, I just thought it would be an interesting topic for those of you who feel the stomach rumble as soon as one note of sitar-based music is heard!

My choices would be:

Balti Morrich Massala, Chicken Phal or Lamb Ceylon/Vindaloo (the hottest ones, basically).

Beer to accompany the curry: Cobra, or G+T as it was the only option in Spain at the time.

Side dishes: Sag Aloo (the spiced spinach and potato one). Have also succeeded in getting a number of my friends addicted to this as well!

Curry house: The Tandoor Mahal, Morpeth (near Newcastle). Awesome. Got voted I think first in the district and third in the North-East of England, no matter how pissed you are they just find it funny but they always have a laugh and respect you at the same time, even when you should be mocked! The food in there is top-notch!

I really hate curry!i hate the taste,the smell everything! when i go out for a Chinese/Indian i always end up with chicken and chips!lol,defeats the object really!although i do like a nice lager with me chips,but lager in curry houses is nearly always flat!:)

Erm I walk into my local takeaway and ask for a chicken curry with fried rice and thats about all i know about it. Couldnt tell you what kind of curry it is but its bloody lovely.

I did used to make my own curries when i was a chef but i havent made one for about 3 years now. They have to be tasted to be believed :D

Prawn Pathia is my choice. It's rather spicy, but very, very tasty indeed. I used to alternate between Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Korma, but one of my friends, who's brothers own one of the finest Curryhouses I've ever been to, recommended that I try a Prawn Pathia, and right enough, I loved it.

Goes great with naan bread and a big, chilled glass full of Irn Bru.

Guest PeteR Richards

Bloody hell, you sure do know your curry!

Er, I love curry, but I'm not much of an expert to be honest, the takeaway always tastes crappy and I end up wasting about a tenner on food that goes in the bin, so I just have Prawn, Chicken, Beef Curry or Chicken Tikka Masala with rice, naan bread or chips.

I just have coke to wash it down.

Guest The Vulcanized One

Lamb jalfrezi or Chcicken korma usually although I'm partial to a good balti from time to time. can't beat a good jalfrezi with pilau rice, lemonade with plenty of ice and a keema or normal nan.

the best place round here is the Curry mahal (South harrow) although they've opened up the Akash in Sudbury Hill which is owned by the same people. mmm curry and chilli con carne are my favourite meals. If you're having a chilli try and get phileas fogg tortilla chips extra hot. Yum!