Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

The Super Comic Book Thread for True Believers

dsrchris

They all lose to one another, all the time. Is there actually a single superhero who hasn't lost some contest or battle at some point? I doubt it. That said, the Saint of Killers killed Satan and God, so that takes some topping, really. Plus,he's totally indestructible, he never misses and every shot is fatal, so I'd put money on him being the last one standing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Batman's power is not losing."

Having time to prepare, Batman beats everyone every time.

Except to Superman...

and Bane...

And actually quite a few people.

Unless you read the bit about having time to prepare. When Batman has time first then he has beaten Superman and Bane quite handily.

They all lose to one another, all the time. Is there actually a single superhero who hasn't lost some contest or battle at some point? I doubt it. That said, the Saint of Killers killed Satan and God, so that takes some topping, really. Plus,he's totally indestructible, he never misses and every shot is fatal, so I'd put money on him being the last one standing.

The Endless could take him down.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/TWOstar/1034605593_turesdeath.jpg

Everything that exists will one day be claimed by her. Even the Gods and angels.

Though in fairness I suppose claiming her or the Saint is streching it a bit for superheroes. :lol

Guest Anime Otaku
If we're including anime characters and anti heroes then what about Zaraki Kenpatchi from Bleach or Kenshiro from Fist Of The North Star?

Guest John Hancock

That's borderline. It's like the shandy of anime.

That said, it doesn't make me long for the days when nuking Japan was socially acceptable, so I guess it can't be real anime.

Guest Anime Otaku

Considering what else was going on at the time I thought you would rather stay as far away from those days as you can.

But yeah, anything American that uses the Anime/Manga style is just an imitation.

Guest John Hancock

Did they give Superman laser eyes?

Can you really "screw up" comic book characters? I mean, most of them have been through about 84 alternate realities, died 47 times, had their back story changed twice a year... comic book characters screw their own characters up so much that TV and films couldn't really get it right even if they tried.

Yeah, he doesnt use them often as he's still getting used to all his powers, but yeah laser eyes a go-go.

And God yeah you can screw up characters. Doomsday was mega screwed in the end, which was a shame after he was built up so well.

Guest John Hancock
I think the only time character screw ups annoy me is, for some reason, when they change characters nationalities. I don't know why, but I like that the X-Men are all from different countries, I think it's a fun little addition, and it means something to their character, so when the films turned up with an English Magneto and an American Colossus, that really, really bugged me.

Guest Anime Otaku
To be fair Magneto at least was a failure on the accent front rather than actually changing the character's nationality.

Guest John Hancock
To be fair Magneto at least was a failure on the accent front rather than actually changing the character's nationality.

Yeah, that's true. Although, to me, that just made it more confusing. At the start of the film, he's a little Yiddish kid in Poland, 60 years in the future, and he's suddenly an upper class English-man. I'm very pleased indeed that they've actually cast a German this time for the new X-Men film.

I really, really want to rewrite the first three episodes of Starwars and do it as a comic or graphic novel.

However, just trying to filter through the bullsh*t that Lucas wrote is a mammoth task!

If we're including anime characters and anti heroes then what about Zaraki Kenpatchi from Bleach or Kenshiro from Fist Of The North Star?

Kenshiro would explode everybodies head.

Everybodies.....

The next time anything mildly related to the genre of anime gets mentioned, I'm leaving this thread.

Why?

That said, it doesn't make me long for the days when nuking Japan was socially acceptable, so I guess it can't be real anime.

What? :?