Fan Clubs (beta)

Nintendo 3DS

Guest Dave7g

Guest Clarkey
Has all this furore over 3D gaming got anyone else pining for a whirl on a Virtual Boy? Oh and in more important, breaking news there has been the shocking reveal that Super Mario Bros 3DS is in development. I love nintys franchises and all, but they really need some fresh ideas or at least go back to great franchises they haven't milked like Pikmin.

Guest Dante Spears
Has all this furore over 3D gaming got anyone else pining for a whirl on a Virtual Boy?

Not really considering the last time I played it, it gave me haemolacria

Guest Tommate2k9

My boss at work went to a conference to try out the 3DS this week and he said it was incredible, and that's its hard to explain to someone who hasn't seen it what it's like.

Personally i'd like to have a play about with a 3DS because im intrigued by the tech. But im not entirely convinced that i would play it and use it a lot and that the software is going probably going to be very gimmicky.

Think i'll be getting a NGP (PSP2) rather than a 3DS mainly down to personal taste

Guest Clarkey

The supermarkets are trying to one up each other with some deals knocking the price quoted at Game to around the £200 mark. Shopto have a preorder incentive priced it at the £199 mark too for those interested.

On the NGP/PSP2, it does interest me more in terms of the franchises confirmed for it but I think it is another sit and wait jobby. The second/third wave of big titles on it should be a hoot. People have gotten their head around downloadables and unless Ninty pull something out the bag beyond the 3D niche, Sony could bag Chrimbo.

Guest Clarkey
Iwata has confirmed it is in development, and the rumour mongerers reckon the first couple of titles are going to be 3DS versions of Black and White. The annoying thing for me is that the only title thus far that looks new is Steel Diver, but even that is just a development on a tech demo shown off from the original DS before it launched. Ninty are great and all, but I just want something new.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chriscare

Mine just arrived in the post today. The games built in are probably the best thing about it. There's one where you put down this card and turns the surface you put it on into a target range and you eventually get to fight a big dragon. There's another one where you take a photo of a friends face and then they fly around the room and you have to shoot them down. I think it demonstrates well what the system is capable of, hopefully developers will be able to use the bit of kit well.

Got Street Fighter with it, which looks brilliant, looks alot better than Tatsunko vs Capcom on the Wii, which leads me to wonder what the 3DS is going to be capable of, I'd love to see Mario Galaxy ported over, or is own offering. The 3D makes me feel a bit nausiated after 20 minutes or so, it does look impressive though.