Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

sin cara???

Guest Olblueyes

Guest Olblueyes
Someone please tell me how many sin caras there are or has been or whatever the hell, im so sick of this...mistico, hunicio or whatever and then is there a third? Or is it just mistico? Help me unravel this mystery! Edited by Olblueyes

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, as far as I know, Mistico is the original Sin Cara. He got hit with a Wellness violation and Hucino took his place as Sin Cara while he was out. Now that Mistico is back I guess they're both under the hood, building to a Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara feud for whatever reason. Savvy?

Guest Jimmy Redman

Mistico was Sin Cara from his debut until Money in the Bank.

Hunico has been Sin Cara ever since his return to TV after that.

Mistico has finished his suspension but he's still having backstage problems and at this point they're sticking with Hunico.

Guest John Hancock

Yeah, what Maxx and Jimmy said.

In Mexico, there was a guy named Luis Alvirde, and he wrestled as a character called Mistico. The WWE hired him and gave him the character of Sin Cara. Alvirde failed a some sort of random medical check and was suspended, but WWE kept the Sin Cara character alive and, from this point on, he was played by another Mexican guy named Jorge Arias (who wrestled as Incognito in Mexico, and Hunico in America. Confusingly, Arias also played Mistico for a while back in Mexico because of some weird contractual clause). Then Alvirde's expansion expired and he came back but everyone hates him, so now he's just sitting around whilst WWE make up their mind about what to do with the whole situation.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
It's a really weird situation. Basically, they both played Mistico, but they played different versions of him. Around 2002 (that number's totally off the top of my head by the way, so don't quote it, as it's bordering pretty close to me just totally make it up), Mexican-American wrestler Jorge Arias became a character called Mistico, and wrestled in north Mexico, in Juarez, along the Texas border. At pretty much the exact same time (there's a massive debate about who came first), Mexican wrestler Luis Alvirde also started wrestling, but this time in the south Mexico, in Mexico City. The northern guy got called Mistico del Juarez, and the southern one was Mistico del Ciudad de México. Mistico del Ciudad de México ended up working for CMLL, one of the biggest luchadore companies in the country, and so they used their legal clout to ban Mistico del Juarez from calling himself Mistico. So Mistico del Ciudad de México became just plain old Mistico, and he went on to be the original Sin Cara, whilst Mistico del Juarez was forced to change his name to Mystico, which then changed to Incognito, which then changed to Hunico, which then changed to, funny how these things work out, the second Sin Cara. Edited by John Hancock

Guest BratSan
It's a really weird situation. Basically, they both played Mistico, but they played different versions of him. Around 2002 (that number's totally off the top of my head by the way, so don't quote it, as it's bordering pretty close to me just totally make it up), Mexican-American wrestler Jorge Arias became a character called Mistico, and wrestled in north Mexico, in Juarez, along the Texas border. At pretty much the exact same time (there's a massive debate about who came first), Mexican wrestler Luis Alvirde also started wrestling, but this time in the south Mexico, in Mexico City. The northern guy got called Mistico del Juarez, and the southern one was Mistico del Ciudad de México. Mistico del Ciudad de México ended up working for CMLL, one of the biggest luchadore companies in the country, and so they used their legal clout to ban Mistico del Juarez from calling himself Mistico. So Mistico del Ciudad de México became just plain old Mistico, and he went on to be the original Sin Cara, whilst Mistico del Juarez was forced to change his name to Mystico, which then changed to Incognito, which then changed to Hunico, which then changed to, funny how these things work out, the second Sin Cara.

Johnny boy, that is one f*cked up confusing story. :lol

I wonder at this stage, even if they really care about their wrestling names anymore.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah. The thing with a masked gimmick is that its easier to transfer to another person, so they can get handed down and inherited and replaced and stuff like that, especially if the wrestler retires or moves to another company.

Back to the original point, since Sin Cara II seemed to turn heel on Smackdown, you'd assume they're finally bringing Mistico back to be Sin Cara I and have them feud.

So, you think you're confused, imagine how little children will feel when there are suddenly two Caras.

Guest John Hancock

And then imagine how confused the WWE accountants will be when they hear that the guy behind one of WWE's most expensive piece of live show merchandise (Sin Cara masks are $75 a pop) just turned heel.

I really don't have high hopes for this feud for the exact reason Jimmy said. Good guy returns to defend the honour of his gimmick from new usurper is a good and fine angle and it happens a fair bit in Mexico and Japan, but, practically speaking, no one who isn't subscribed to the Wrestling Observer is going to have a f*ck of a clue what's going on.

If people thought all the Kevin Nash / CM Punk / HHH stuff was too exclusive and high concept and inside, just you wait until this one kicks off. About 10% of every crowd is going to have any idea what's happening.

Us internet fans, eh? We slag WWE off for being too broad and child friendly, then we call them idiots for pandering too us because we're aware we're too small and cheap for them to bother with.

And then imagine how confused the WWE accountants will be when they hear that the guy behind one of WWE's most expensive piece of live show merchandise (Sin Cara masks are $75 a pop) just turned heel.

I really don't have high hopes for this feud for the exact reason Jimmy said. Good guy returns to defend the honour of his gimmick from new usurper is a good and fine angle and it happens a fair bit in Mexico and Japan, but, practically speaking, no one who isn't subscribed to the Wrestling Observer is going to have a f*ck of a clue what's going on.

If people thought all the Kevin Nash / CM Punk / HHH stuff was too exclusive and high concept and inside, just you wait until this one kicks off. About 10% of every crowd is going to have any idea what's happening.

Us internet fans, eh? We slag WWE off for being too broad and child friendly, then we call them idiots for pandering too us because we're aware we're too small and cheap for them to bother with.

This is why the IWC is awesome :lol

Guest Jimmy Redman

Hopefully (I say, getting my hopes up about commentary) that if Mistico comes back in the blue, commentary will be able to explain that "hey, there's the real Cara! We thought he'd just put on weight, but it must have been an imposter the whole time! No wonder he turned heel, the real Cara would never do that!"

This is not a time for ambiguity, Double Double E.

Of course, worst case, nobody explains anything and they go for "We all know who that is!" and we get a Cole heel rant about how the imposter is the real one or they're both the same or whatever else. So, hopefully not.