Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Yet more WWE diva arguments

Guest Jierda

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly Kelly cant run the ropes anymore =/= All women wrestlers ever cant run the ropes.

Do you want to list some female wrestlers who can do the basics?

Kong, Cheerleader Melissa, the Alpha Female...should I go on? There's a lot of those "tippy tap Barbies" you mention, but there's some women who put 75% of the guys to shame. I highly reccommend checking out Melissa just besting bitches. She does a sweet spot where she grabs her opponent by the legs and basically whomps them into the security barricade.
Kong is fine as she is a limited, female Vader type character. She still has horrible strikes.

Melissa isn't 'good' either. She might be good for a woman but certainly isn't comparable to a man. Her matches are full of contrived spots and weak looking moves. When you watch long shows with companies like SHIMMER or AJW from the past, you get used to these issues and tend to accept them as part of womens wrestling but they're still faults. If people can ignore them, so be it, but it certainly detracts from their matches to me. I've genuinely never seen a match between two women which hasn't caused me to think "what the f*ck is that?". They have their limitations because of weight and strength, and that ultimately hurts their matches.

Guest Jimmy Redman

And thats your perogative, by all means.

I personally dont find the fact that women who weigh half as much as men make half as much noise when they bump to be offensive. Wow, that sentence sounds snooty but I dont mean it to be. I'm just saying, this is one of those 'agree to disagree' things, because we're both on completely opposite ends of the street.

Do you want to list some female wrestlers who can do the basics?

See, to me, this is as ridiculous as asking to list male wrestlers who can "do the basics". Almost all of them can. I can start listing female wrestlers off the top of my head, but its not going to prove anything, because lets be honest, no matter how many people I list you're never going to agree with me, so I'm not sure I see the point in telling you I see something when you obviously dont. This is just one of those things.

There has never, ever been a good female wrestler. They simply can't perform as well as men can. Their matches are loaded with weak looking spots in them because they either aren't strong or heavy enough, which results in everything looking fake or unrealistic. Can anyone name a womens wrestler who could do something basic like run to the ropes properly? It's all contrived bullsh*t.

At the risk of escalating this.....this has to be the most...how should I word this...WTF post I've ever read on these forums.

I've seen intergender matches where the female has the size advantage, the stiffness and more wrestling ability than the men they are facing.

And if you're really saying that they aren't "strong or heavy enough", then I guess Sara Del Ray, Awesome Kong, Chyna in her prime, Dump Matsumoto, or any number of Joshi wrestlers aren't either. And that's not even getting into the women's indy scene.

PS - Your post comes across as really sexist.

- After ranting about AJ Lee being a rookie on her Twitter yesterday, WWE Diva Rosa Mendes has posted more comments about the Divas division. She wrote:

"Awwwww u guys are mad @ me. You love AJ because she looks ordinary just like you. Divas are not suppose to look ordinary. If i'm making people upset, I don't really care. I'm sick of seeing the Divas division ruined by these rookies. Sexy, smart, powerful! Stay in FCW and stop shopping at Target chicas!

One rookie looks 12 with a crater face, one looks like she is 40 and the other one looks like she needs to go on Jenny Craig. You know who you are! Lol"

Someone wrote to Rosa that she was a week late because the Diva Twitter drama was going on last week. She replied:

"something happened, if you knew you would understand. Don't stop loving me:) Rosa Mendes doesn't go on a rant for no reason."

She ended her rant with the following:

"All I have to say is. Have respect, look the part and pleeeeeeeeaaaase stay in FCW as long as you can. One more thing, I have someone that can make you guys gear, because your gear looks like SH**t"

LOL, Rosa Mendes of all people.

Guest Jimmy Redman

If it makes anyone in this thread feel better, I think Rosa Mendes is an example of a bad female wrestler.

The irony about "Divas arent supposed to look ordinary" is that Rosa Mendes is pretty much the Default Diva, only no blonde hair, while AJ actually stands out physically. Rosa is the ordinary one.

But if she's actually come out and said "something happened" then obviously there's some bullsh*t going on with them and this is personal.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Trish is my idol too, but that doesnt mean I'm not a sh*tty pro wrestler.

Rosa is genuinely, maybe along with Kaitlyn, the worst one on the whole roster. Those two are the ones who genuinely have no redeeming qualities. The Otunga and Mike of the women.

Funny thing is, though, I think in 6 months to a year, Kaitlyn wont be anywhere near this bad. She has a look, and she's pretty well built and has the ability to do some power stuff, which when she learns it, she'll be perfectly fine at that. Problem for her is that its still ways away and she's literally learning how to wrestle on national TV.

If you think about it, Rosa has been trained and she's that terrible, so really she's worse.

While I AGREE to everything you say about Rosa, I don't share your views on Kaitlyn. She is too terrible to be tamed,packaged and molded into something presentable within near future. Barring any miracles, I see her riding into oblivion down the line 6mon-1yr and get future endeavored. She is NOT ready for a big stage like WWE and should be sent back to OVW like NOW to save her the embarrassments.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Kelly, Eve, Beth, Nattie, Maryse, the Bellas, Alicia, Rosa, Tamina, AJ, Kaitlyn, Vickie, Aksana, Maxine.

I'm going to feel like a fool if I've missed anyone. Jesus Christ, Layla. Kharma. They're injured though.

While I AGREE to everything you say about Rosa, I don't share your views on Kaitlyn. She is too terrible to be tamed,packaged and molded into something presentable within near future. Barring any miracles, I see her riding into oblivion down the line 6mon-1yr and get future endeavored. She is NOT ready for a big stage like WWE and should be sent back to OVW like NOW to save her the embarrassments.

Fair enough. I mean, there's no way I'd be surprised if you're right, its not like I'm sure when I say this, its just a hunch.

She's embarrassing, but I'll say again that this girl is literally going through wrestling training on live TV. Of course she's going to be sh*tty. And that doesnt make it OK that she's on TV, but she's only going to get better once she's actually, you know...trained up. I've seen her work matches and while she is terrible, she's done some stuff in them where I saw her potential to be competent. Like I said, she's quite thick and has some power behind her, which could be useful for Kaitlyn the Finished Product.

But of course, as you say, equally good chance she just sucks and will be fired before she ever improves. Who knows.

And I mean, its not like I like her in any way. I dont and I'm not really looking for a reason to defend her. But looking objectively, by my standards, I can see the argument.

Edited by Jimmy Redman