Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

I want “change?”

Guest Jamster26

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of Triple H's promos are unscripted. Even going back to his absolute peak, his promos were always written by himself and that's the way he does it now. You can criticize his promos, yeah, but to say that he is better with a script is wrong because he's always worked the same way as he does now.

Anyway, wrestling is the easiest business in the world to run. it really is incredibly simple. The best booker of the recent era, Gabe Sapolsky, was able to run brilliant show after brilliant show and the only reason for this, is that he kept it simple. You don't need a cast of brilliant actors or a roster full of incredible wrestlers, you just need a wrestling brain, which is probably the problem with wrestling now. I think there's such a need to bring in more money, more fans and higher PPV's, that they aren't sticking with the simple things and are looking for one perfect angle or character to lift ratings by itself. That's what was wrong with the product in the early/mid-90's but as soon as they actually trusted the roster to stick within the simplistic nature of wrestling, the product became popular.

Whoever is in charge is simply too careful. They realize that the company isn't in a good position right now and don't trust the talent to change that. I'm sure they probably think it's better to keep making steady money with a poor show, than risk he profits for the sake of improving the product.

Guest Ciaran The King

Anyway, wrestling is the easiest business in the world to run. it really is incredibly simple. The best booker of the recent era, Gabe Sapolsky, was able to run brilliant show after brilliant show and the only reason for this, is that he kept it simple.

I understand your comments but ROH is completely different to WWE.

Guest Will O the Wisp
Its a real word though. Its a bodybuilding phrase for someone who is physically skinny but not ripped or well-defined and instead has pockets of flab or love handles or otherwise isnt the physical specimen that a guy like Hunter would expect you to be.

Problem is, nobody outside of the bodybuilding/fitness community would know that and to the other 95% of the world he just sounds like an idiot. Its a low percentage play when you're going for an insult. Good on him for trying anyway though.

Huh... I am definitely in the 95% you mention. It looked like Punk was too by the reaction he gave.

Mark Henry walking into Smackdown the World HeavyWeight Champ is change...

Which is not exactly what Ciaran was looking forward to. I bet he would rather have Zack Ryder as champ. :P :lol

I understand your comments but ROH is completely different to WWE.
It is, yes, but the format is still the same. You have monsters built in the same way, you have the likable underdog built up in the same way, you turn guys face or hell in the same way. The business is fundamentally the same, no matter what promotion it is.

It is, yes, but the format is still the same. You have monsters built in the same way, you have the likable underdog built up in the same way, you turn guys face or hell in the same way. The business is fundamentally the same, no matter what promotion it is.

Couldn't agree more, and it's crazy that basic booking is the area where WWE has the most issues.

Guest Ciaran The King
Mark Henry walking into Smackdown the World HeavyWeight Champ is change...

Change for the bad

Which is not exactly what Ciaran was looking forward to. I bet he would rather have Zack Ryder as champ. :P :lol

NO

Edited by Paul

Guest Ciaran The King
Dude, Ciaran. You should learn to use the multi quote button. There are times when double posts happen, but I've seen you double and even triple post a lot when it's very simple to fit all those replies in one post.

Check out the Cena thread, I'm so happy:lol

• 3 weeks later...