Fan Clubs (beta)

The Walking Dead: Season 3

Guest John Hancock

Guest John Hancock

http://www.thehdroom.com/images/news/10883a.jpg

It shocks and appalls me that we don't have a thread for this show. Season three starts in mid October for America (not sure about Britain or anywhere else) and, for fans of the comics, this is either going to be amazing, or an enormous let down, because they're going to the prison, and the governor's a-comin'. I LOVED the first season and absolutely love the comic, but thought the second season was a little hit and miss, and a little bit repetitive. How many episodes had a plot of;

- Situation happens

- Dale offers a humane solution

- Shane offers a utilitarian solution

- Rick sympathises with Shane's solution and goes to do it

- At the last minute, he changes his mind and sides with Dale

- Shane looks pissed

- Women are annoying

Thank God that Dale and Shane are both dead coming into season three, because the last thing we need is any more of that exact same moral dilemma over and over and over again.

Also;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e8/Walking_Dead_Season_3_Official_Poster.jpg

So, yeah, who're going to be watching?

Edited by John Hancock

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
I think the pet walkers are going to survive a lot longer in this show than they did in the comic, because they're absolutely everywhere on the publicity.

Guest Maximinn
How many episodes had a plot of;

- Situation happens

- Dale offers a humane solution

- Shane offers a utilitarian solution

- Rick sympathises with Shane's solution and goes to do it

- At the last minute, he changes his mind and sides with Dale

- Shane looks pissed

- Women are annoying

Don't forget

- Get in the house Carl!

- WHERE IS CARL!? HE'S NOT IN THE HOUSE!

I can't wait for this to start. Hopefully Sky will be getting it at the same time as the US.

I'm WELL looking forward to this series. If it pans out the same as the comics I'm gonna be a horrified blubbering mess by the end of the season...

Looking forward to Michonne showing up. Still a bit gutted there's been no Tyreese yet, but I'm guessing they're leaving that whole character out which takes a big moment away from the development of the story of the Governor and the prison. Man it's hard to type about this without giving anything away!

Anyone read the 100th issue of the comic? That right there is the most unsettling thing that's happened since the prison.

Guest Maximinn

I read it. It was some messed up sh*t so it was.

I don't think it will pan out the same as the comics because...

I just realised I don't know how to cover spoilers on here. Could someone tell me how to do it so I don't ruin the show for everyone :)

Use the same tabs you'd use for images and links, just put SPOILER in instead of IMG or URL. Like below (but without the spaces):

[ spoiler] show spoiling spoiler goes here [ /spoiler]

If you do it properly it works like this (warning, legitimate spoiler contained here, so don't read if you don't want to know what me and Maximinn know from the comics):

I could've cried reading Glenn's death. It's the worst I've felt reading the comics since Judy and Lori get blasted in the prison assault!

Guest Maximinn

Got it.

Regarding issue 100:

Yeah it really came out of the blue didn't it. Negan is going to be a fantastic villain. Someone to rival the governor.

Regarding the show:

I don't think they'll kill Lori and her baby off at the end of this season. At the very least they won't kill her off in the same way. They've already deviated quite a bit from the comics regarding who dies. You can get away with much more hard hitting stuff in comics and I don't think AMC would show a mother and child being gunned down on TV. Notice how they had Rick shoot Shane instead of Carl.

Got it.

Regarding issue 100:

Yeah it really came out of the blue didn't it. Negan is going to be a fantastic villain. Someone to rival the governor.

Regarding the show:

I don't think they'll kill Lori and her baby off at the end of this season. At the very least they won't kill her off in the same way. They've already deviated quite a bit from the comics regarding who dies. You can get away with much more hard hitting stuff in comics and I don't think AMC would show a mother and child being gunned down on TV. Notice how they had Rick shoot Shane instead of Carl.

It was Carl who shot Shane.

I don't think we need to spoiler Season 2 stuff? Can I get a mod decision on whether we have to or not?

Just to be on the safe side:

Carl didn't shoot Shane in the same sense as the comic though. Comic Carl shot Shane the human. Show Carl shot Shane the Walker. There is quite a difference.

Guest John Hancock
Don't forget

- Get in the house Carl!

- WHERE IS CARL!? HE'S NOT IN THE HOUSE!

EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE.

In reaction to the "regarding the show" spoiler, I think they will. The producer's are promising the death of a few major characters.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
Don't bother spoilering the second season. Spoiler the third season and anything that happens in the comics that hasn't yet happened in the T.V. show.

I don't think we need to spoiler Season 2 stuff? Can I get a mod decision on whether we have to or not?

Just to be on the safe side:

Carl didn't shoot Shane in the same sense as the comic though. Comic Carl shot Shane the human. Show Carl shot Shane the Walker. There is quite a difference.

Fair point.

Edited by Kam

Guest John Hancock

Did you see the first season / Have you read the comics?

If you enjoyed the first season, but haven't read the comics, I'd really tentatively recommend this third season because, in the comics at least, this is when everything kicks off.

The second season suffered because they spent an entire season covering literally about 30 pages of the comic, which meant they stretched the actual story telling really, really, REALLY thin. Where they appear to be going with the next season though, there's a lot more to be getting on with and, with the governor confirmed to be appearing, they're going to have to get through a lot more storyline than they did last season.

In the context of the comics, very loosely, season one was issues 1 to 9, seasons two was issues 10 to 12 and, from the characters that will be turning up, season three will be at least issues 13 to 27.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
As much as I'd love them to translate the entirety of The Governer's time in the comic, there are some things I can't see them putting in there.

I tend to agree with you, but, at the same time, I wouldn't be THAT surprised. The show's had no aversion to killing off kids, and a lot of the sexuality and extreme violence could be implied without them having to actually show it. One big problem, I suppose, is that the characters in the T.V. are different to in the comic so, for example, you can't get the little girls being beheaded, and you can't have the teenage couple trying to commit suicide, because those characters don't exist in the T.V.. Another thing is that the revelation that they're all infected already and the whole meaning of why they're called the walking dead is a big part of them being in the prison, but they can't do that, because they already did it at the end of season two.

Guest Ciaran The King
Did you see the first season / Have you read the comics?

Haven't read the comics but loved the first season. The second series just seemed to drag on forever

You bet your stinkin ass i'm gonna be watching, hottest show on television. A prison, that's genius! A place decide to keep people in/out, so logic dictates it's an ideal environment for survivors.