Fan Clubs (beta)

The Walking Dead: Season 3

Guest John Hancock

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
As much as I'd love them to translate the entirety of The Governer's time in the comic, there are some things I can't see them putting in there.

I tend to agree with you, but, at the same time, I wouldn't be THAT surprised. The show's had no aversion to killing off kids, and a lot of the sexuality and extreme violence could be implied without them having to actually show it. One big problem, I suppose, is that the characters in the T.V. are different to in the comic so, for example, you can't get the little girls being beheaded, and you can't have the teenage couple trying to commit suicide, because those characters don't exist in the T.V.. Another thing is that the revelation that they're all infected already and the whole meaning of why they're called the walking dead is a big part of them being in the prison, but they can't do that, because they already did it at the end of season two.

Guest Ciaran The King
Did you see the first season / Have you read the comics?

Haven't read the comics but loved the first season. The second series just seemed to drag on forever

You bet your stinkin ass i'm gonna be watching, hottest show on television. A prison, that's genius! A place decide to keep people in/out, so logic dictates it's an ideal environment for survivors.

I still have Season 1 in it's plastic wrapping on my shelf waiting to be watched.

I was really against the idea of reading the comics when I first saw them because I'm getting really bored of the zombie genre, but I was bored one day and the first collection (issues 1-6 I think) is only £9.99 or something, so I picked it up. needless to say, 2 weeks later I finished reading volume 16 and was completely hooked. Comic-wise, I've only read up to the end of volume 16 (issue 96?) So I dont know what happens in issue 100, so no spoilers on that would be great.

If I can get up to speed on the TV show then I'll check out series 3, I just need to find the time to sit down and watch series 1 and 2!

Guest John Hancock
I was really against the idea of reading the comics when I first saw them because I'm getting really bored of the zombie genre, but I was bored one day and the first collection (issues 1-6 I think) is only £9.99 or something, so I picked it up. needless to say, 2 weeks later I finished reading volume 16 and was completely hooked. Comic-wise, I've only read up to the end of volume 16 (issue 96?) So I dont know what happens in issue 100, so no spoilers on that would be great.

You're pretty much bang up to date, so I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers. The next collection isn't even published for another few months yet.

• 1 month later...
Guest John Hancock

So there's the first episode.

Eh.

They should have just stuck exactly to the comic. Not enough f*cked up, too much standing around talking in low voices. You aren't on HBO, quit it.

• 1 month later...
Guest John Hancock
I've given up, stopped watching after the third episode. The problem is that they're doing one of the exact story lines from the comic, and they're just not doing it as well, so I don't really see the point in spending my time watching an inferior version of a story I've already read. It's a shame, the show had potential.

Guest John Hancock

When reading the comics, when they get to the prison, you'll get pretty quickly why reading the comic makes the T.V. show unwatchable :lol

I hate to be that "Oooooooh, but the book is faaaaar superior" guy, but, well, I am on this one.

Guest Edgehead
I'm sure you're right, it is very often the case that the book is superior. I won't be getting the comics till after christmas anyway so I've still got a good few weeks of enjoying the tv show :lol

Guest Horowitz

I'm enjoying season 3. I've read the comics up to book 16 I think.

Really enjoyed them but sometimes it just seemed like things were done for shock value and the story made around the shock.

Anywho, thought episode 5 of season 3 was great.

Guest John Hancock

I know exactly what you mean about shock value, but I kinda like that stuff.

I thought the comics did the build of tension between the survivors and the prisoners, and the death of the prisoner's leader WAY better. The show barrelled through the entire story arc in about ten minutes, which is especially ironic considering that they spent last season taking 13 weeks to cover about ten pages.