Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 21, 2013 from San Jose, CA (#1026)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, January 21, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, January 22, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

HP Pavilion at San Jose in San Jose, CA

Confirmed Matches/Events

The Rock to Appear

Final Build to the Royal Rumble

Edited by TPIB

Daniel Bryan Is pure entertainment :wub

'I wanna hug her' I do enjoy pervy Lawler (occasionally)

Edited by Eddie

Guest The Beltster
Vicki Guerrero facially is one of the most repulsive women I've ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes on. She is gross! And her voice is f*cking grating. Yeah I know shes a heel and all that shit, but her voice is horrible regardless. Edited by The Beltster

Another nice win by Orton there.

I see what you did there. :lol

This show was terrible and did nothing to excite me for the Rumble. The Miz and Ziggler just showed how bad they really are as workers. That match was terrible. Then there was Cena. I'm not gonna rag on him. Everyone saw that promo and knows what I'm talking about.

Edited by Maxximus

The Beat The Clock booking was strange. If they were going to beat Miz anyway then why not have the Miz/Ziggler match on first, then Ziggler, AJ and BIG E could have interfered in the Orton/Cesaro match to make it go past the time. That way Cesaro (and the US Title) are protected by not having to do a pinfall loss.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this. PS, I agree with Jack, I'm not normally a big critic of him but that Cena promo at the end was channel-changingly awful.

Guest Fatherof10minis

thought the show was horrible. Just like last year we are hoping for great things from the Royal Rumble and we are gonna be sorely disappointed and then regrouped by the following Raw. Cena's promo was embarrassing and I cannot beleive they were not gonna have punk/rock be the sendoff of Raw. What happened in the Punk/Rock/Shield segment would have a perfect sendoff into the Rumble. The brawl was lame at best.

Orton/Cesaro have great matches and last nights was good. Shaeums/barrett was good but ruined with the ending. AJ is such a waist of space.

Guest Jimmy Redman

What a strange f*cking show that was. It didnt make me think "Argh so bad!", but it was just...weird to me. Especially for a go-home.

The Rock bits were strange. Basically standing frozen in place with three rent-a-cops for 90 minutes, then apparently using the guy's ticket to go backstage and down the ramp. Then more "People People People" weird Rock promo time. Shield beatdown was cool though. Jon Moxley and Tyler Black laying out The Rock. Take that, universe.

Beat the Clock was strange. Doing so few matches for it, when there are usually five. Going so long with the time (although that was strange in a really good way, well at least in theory). The way everyone involved was sort of pretending to be rushing by doing lots of rollups and covers, but still not actually moving quickly. You know? That struck me in every match. They would hit a move and go for a pin, but they werent in a hurry and didnt look like they thought they'd get a three-count. It was more like going through the motions of urgency, rather than actually being urgent.

Cena promo was strange as f*ck, obviously, as was the ensuing mother's meeting with everyone on Earth.

Show and Alberto having ANOTHER LMS is strange too. Apart from the TLCs and the Shawn/Razor ladder matches, are there any other examples where a feud is progressed by repeating the exact same gimmick as the previous match?

Guest Canned Heat

I took away 4 things from this show.

Vickie Guerrero is the worst, most untalented woman to ever be employed by the WWE. I don't hate her because she is good at her job, I hate her because she is extremely bad at it. You could take any random woman from the street and they would be about as good as Vickie is.

Punk is on a completely different level on the stick. That includes The Rock right now. Someone on Twitter said it best "The last person I saw someone sell a PPV just by looking into the camera was Steve Austin". And he is exactly right. When you believe what you are saying, it comes out 5x better.

I love people getting on Cena for his promo. I would give anything to find a way to get that promo erased from your memories, so The Rock could go out and say the exact same thing and hear you guys say "Lol, The Rock is so funny!" But, tonight showed a great thing about The Rock.. The way he sells with his eyes, maybe better than anyone in history. The look on his face after he was attacked by the Shield... That's why you are one of the best ever, Rocky.

I had a huge problem with that end of show Brawl... Why didn't Ryback get an entrance? Would have been cool if everyone was in the Ring brawling and you heard "Feed Me More".. and he effectively helped clear the ring of the Heels.

I love people getting on Cena for his promo. I would give anything to find a way to get that promo erased from your memories, so The Rock could go out and say the exact same thing and hear you guys say "Lol, The Rock is so funny!"
It was a horrible promo. One of the worst I've seen in years and if The Rock did it, it would have still been awful. The Rock is much more charismatic and better on the mic but even he couldn't save such a dire promo.

Cena was given a free rein and he bombed.

Edited by Jack

Guest Fatherof10minis

It would of been cool if during the final brawl there would have been that inevitable sound (Bong). Then blackness, and then the music hits and the brawl comes to a complete stop and taker walks out on the ramp and puts the whole WWE roster on notice that they may be next. And yeah Ryback don"t get music, but the PTP do?

I really think the fact of another LMS match is irrelevant because Dolph will cash in at the Rumble and keep the belt till mania or maybe beyond that.

At first i was worried that this Cena address was gonna be a dead giveaway that he was gonna win. Thankfully I don"t think it accomplished that at all. That fat guy in the front row probably wanted to put a bullet in Cenas head.

Guest Canned Heat
It would of been cool if during the final brawl there would have been that inevitable sound (Bong). Then blackness, and then the music hits and the brawl comes to a complete stop and taker walks out on the ramp and puts the whole WWE roster on notice that they may be next. And yeah Ryback don"t get music, but the PTP do?

I really think the fact of another LMS match is irrelevant because Dolph will cash in at the Rumble and keep the belt till mania or maybe beyond that.

At first i was worried that this Cena address was gonna be a dead giveaway that he was gonna win. Thankfully I don"t think it accomplished that at all. That fat guy in the front row probably wanted to put a bullet in Cenas head.

I like the idea of the gong, but I don't know if I would have him come out. Maybe just the blackness and the gong.

Buuuuut, having him come out would have been just as awesome.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I was just trying to point out other scenarios that would have been more impactful and climactic. It could have been 1000 times better then that sloppy mess. Rock/Punk/Shield should of really ended the show.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Well this time last year he was in the middle of the ridiculous Kane feud, and then flipped a switch and went off to rape The Rock in the ass, so I'm just hoping his Mania build begins soon and we at least get our yearly tease of legit Cena for a while.