Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 21, 2013 from San Jose, CA (#1026)

TPIB

Guest Ciaran The King
So I just watched that Cena promo because of the backlash and rightfully so. No one can defend that crap, come on and it really is the same routine again and again...

I always knew I was right about Cena

Guest John Hancock
I didn't see the Cena promo, but, in an interview with Brian Alverez, Lance Storm said it was the worst promo he'd ever seen, and Alverez jokingly agreed, so that certainly says something, because there's few people I tend to agree with on wrestling more than Brian Alverez and Lance Storm.

I didn't see the Cena promo, but, in an interview with Brian Alverez, Lance Storm said it was the worst promo he'd ever seen, and Alverez jokingly agreed, so that certainly says something, because there's few people I tend to agree with on wrestling more than Brian Alverez and Lance Storm.

He told folks his gamertag for playing Black Ops II was "Skidmarks 187".

I think that'll tell you everything you need to know about the promo, JH. :lol

Guest Frank Botch
[video=youtube;UuQAEVLljF4]

How have I never seen this clip before. That had me laughing for a good two and a half minutes. Frasier straight up disappeared. Good Lord indeed.

Guest Jimmy Redman

The skid marks joke was recycled too. He's said that before so not only did he or whoever wrote it think it was funny, but they thought it was funny the second time too.

It was a bad promo, but worst promo ever is ridiculous hyperbole and people need to calm down a tad.

Guest John Hancock
I'd assume it's Cena's joke. Only someone who listened to far too much West Coast rap in the 90's, yet was also so totally removed from it, would throw the numbers 187 around with such casualness as to combine them with a skid marks joke.

Guest Jimmy Redman
That is assuming that the numbers were deliberate though. When you say things like that you normally just make up a number - "are you castlelover122?" You don't notice the number when he says it out loud, it's just there to make it sound like a screen name for the joke.