Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

IMPACT WRESTLING - 7th February 2013 (Manchester)

Guest FreeSpirit

Yeah, Jericho will be in WWE forever, it's in his blood. And they're quite happy for him to come and go as he pleases, which suits someone like Y2J to a tee.

Guest John Hancock

Jericho doesn't need to go to TNA. The only WWE guys in TNA are guys who were either fired from the WWE, known drug addicts who the WWE were hounding, or old guys who wanted to wrestle full time, when the WWE only want them to have bit parts. No drug free, or even drug using but non-addicted wrestler has walked out of a top position in WWE to take a position in TNA. Angle did it because of drugs, Hardy did it because of drugs, Van Dam did it because of drugs.

Jericho's drug free (aside from possibly/probably steroids), left the WWE on his own terms, and still has the ability to be a full time wrestler in the WWE's eyes. Guys like that don't go to TNA. A much more likely (although still unlikely) TNA steal would be Randy Orton if he come into anymore drug trouble.

Guest Jimmy Redman
No drug free, or even drug using but non-addicted wrestler has walked out of a top position in WWE to take a position in TNA.

Christian.

But your point generally speaking is a good one, I'd never thought about it in those terms before.

Guest John Hancock
To those two I'd say Christian wasn't a top guy in the WWE, and Booker T quit the WWE off the back of a disputed drug-test failure that he refused to accept the suspension for.

Guest John Hancock
RVD indied about for a bit in the late 2000's before going to TNA (although he was still a cameo guy until 2009, the year before he joined TNA). His initial plan was to leave wrestling for a bit and then come back to the WWE, but, just after he left, the whole Chris Benoit thing happened, and drugs became a much bigger deal in the WWE, and the WWE started being a lot stricter about it's drug policy, hence TNA, which has the same drug policy as Glastonbury.

Guest Jimmy Redman
To those two I'd say Christian wasn't a top guy in the WWE, and Booker T quit the WWE off the back of a disputed drug-test failure that he refused to accept the suspension for.

RVD wasnt a top guy when he left either, so I assumed that it was a very loose description.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Well in 2007 RVD was the 2nd from the top babyface on the C Show. I dont think he was any higher on the depth chart than Christian would have been in late 2005 as a Smackdown midcarder. Christian had a PPV match with John Cena a few months before he left, which is better than anything RVD did in the 12 months before he went. Edited by Jimmy Redman

Well in 2007 RVD was the 2nd from the top babyface on the C Show. I dont think he was any higher on the depth chart than Christian would have been in late 2005 as a Smackdown midcarder. Christian had a PPV match with John Cena a few months before he left, which is better than anything RVD did in the 12 months before he went.

If RVD left in 2007, his 12 months included being WWE Champion.

Guest Jayfunk
Tna gets the top talent that is on the market at the time Why would they not does it really matter Why people leave wwe heck wwe release a lot if good talent and keep on there roster worse ones is not always about talent. Anyways another good episode which looked great in front of a big crowd can't wait to next week and Jay funk hunting in the crowd