Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Royal Rumble: Top 10 Moments

Kam

From Wrestling 101:

It’s very nearly time for the Royal Rumble, an event which has had more than it’s fair share of memorable moments. Everyone’s got their own particular favourites, so to kick off the Road to Wrestlemania I thought I’d take a little time to share my favourites with you. Why not join me as we take a look at my ten most memorable Royal Rumble moments?

> WWE Royal Rumble: Top 10 Moments

Guest Jimmy Redman

Heenan on Piper in 1992 was motherf*cking glorious.

2005 also had the West Side Story face-off, and Paul London dying.

Needs more Cena (as all lists do frankly), and 2008 also had Taker selling for the corpse of Superfly. And Morrison's leap and Kofi's headstand do it for me too.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Oh yeah it is impossible to narrow it down. There are too many awesome moments.

Taker/Shawn finishing. Taker/Shawn starting. Rey winning. Khali and the hard cam. Beth Phoenix. Kharma. Santino almost winning. There's a bunch more that I didnt even have to think about.

And if we're including the whole shows, as you were, then Holy Sh*t. Even a monster's gotta breathe.

Guest Fatherof10minis

I think the best part of Takas kissing of the floor was the constant replays of it and then one random one towards the end from the king just for sh%%s and giggles.

HBK/taker finish is my favorite finish of all the rumbles.

really surprised the faceoff between warrior and hogan from 1990 isn't up there.

Chris, I heart your list :) I mean with my awful memory I'd manage a top 5 at best but they are all on there, with the same top 2 no less :D

I think the best part of Takas kissing of the floor was the constant replays of it and then one random one towards the end from the king just for sh%%s and giggles.

HBK/taker finish is my favorite finish of all the rumbles.

really surprised the faceoff between warrior and hogan from 1990 isn't up there.

Meh to Warrior and Hogan. I was one of those weird kids who preferred guys like Flair, Perfect, and Jake.

Guest Canned Heat
My Royal Rumble moment is the 2001 Rumble, every moment was classic

I was going to make a "Your Favorite Rumble of All Time" thread strictly so I could talk about the 2001 Rumble. Whole PPV, actually.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Regardless of anything who didnt mark out when Rey won? Honest to God who ARE you people?

Also, speaking of entire shows, the entire backstage show of 2005 was f*cking tremendous. Eddie steals Flair's wallet, Tomko does not give Christian a beat, Big Dave threatens people, John and Gene meet again.

Guest Ciaran The King
Regardless of anything who didnt mark out when Rey won? Honest to God who ARE you people?

I'm those people, he won because Eddie died plain and simple. It was a terrible decision to have Rey ever win it

Guest Jimmy Redman
I'm not saying don't question the motives for it or whatever. But I mean, watching the match, you didn't get a kick out of it? You'd have rathered Orton or f*cking Hunter had won or some sh*t? You didn't pop when everyone else popped? It just sounds so joyless to me. But hating on baby faces always does.