Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Royal Rumble: Top 10 Moments

Kam

I can't remember exactly what I did but it certainly wasn't a pop. Likely I would have just instantly complained to whoever I was with, outraged. I would definitely preffered either of the two you mentioned. And this is coming from someone who historically has always been a big fan of babyfaces. Generally speaking I prefer to boo heels and cheer faces like you're supposed to. Babyface HBK is my favourite of all time. But just not Rey, I'm like allergic to him.

Yeah his title reign is some of my worst memories of watching WWE.

What I would do is re-introduce the crusierweight title/division and have Rey as the first 'new' champion, and in the final couple of years of his career I'd have him establish guys like Kidd, Gabrial, Pac to take over. Rey as a crusier champ I could be happy with. Have these cruisers go out and have spotty matches and all the flips you like, but I don't really like that style in my main events.

Guest Ciaran The King
Yeah his title reign is some of my worst memories of watching WWE.

What I would do is re-introduce the crusierweight title/division and have Rey as the first 'new' champion, and in the final couple of years of his career I'd have him establish guys like Kidd, Gabrial, Pac to take over. Rey as a crusier champ I could be happy with. Have these cruisers go out and have spotty matches and all the flips you like, but I don't really like that style in my main events.

Agreed

Guest Jimmy Redman

His title reign was pretty rubbish, but that had little to do with Rey and almost everything to do with Vince deciding he wasnt a credible champion and continually booking him as such. It was frustrating as hell and I wish we could have seen what a legitimate attempt at a Rey heavyweight title reign would have looked like. Some people like yourselves would have been unhappy regardless, but it would have worked out a lot better for the rest of the population if they had actually not buried him a mile underground.

Speaking of Rey and getting back on point, 2009 where he stepped across the backs of the heels to save himself was another awesome spot.

Guest Ciaran The King

But Rey should have never been given a world title.

But when Rey sticks to what he knows he does do it well, and yeah the 2009 spot was good:)

Guest Edgehead
Also, speaking of entire shows, the entire backstage show of 2005 was f*cking tremendous. Eddie steals Flair's wallet, Tomko does not give Christian a beat, Big Dave threatens people, John and Gene meet again.

You forgot to mention Vinny Mac sitting in the ring at the end after f***ing himself up :lol

ok not backstage but still

Guest Jimmy Redman

If you think about it, as much as they messed up, they messed up incredibly well.

Imagine if they had toppled over and Dave had clearly hit first.

Landing as exactly together as they did at least allowed for the restart and the save. Although Vince's quads were a casualty.