Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2K14

ViciousPrism

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not overly concerned about the graphics, but if it looks the way it does now it's showing that they haven't had time to make many improvements, and as Denton says that won't be until next year's game at the earliest. So with that in mind are they going to be charging full price for a game that isn't much more than a roster update? I bet they do.

It's a shame that they aren't waiting a year to release a new game on the next gen consoles, but I'm guessing they're contractually obliged to release one every year.

• 3 weeks later...

JBL is officially in (as is the pre-Spinner WWE Championship belt). This leaves the confirmed roster looking like this -:

Ultimate Warrior

JBL

Dolph Ziggler

Shawn Michaels

Randy Savage

Ryback

John Cena

Undertaker (Dark Side version)

Undertaker (Biker version)

The Rock

Steve Austin

Cory Ledesma (the Creative Director) gave an interview where he has said that this game will have the largest roster of any of the WWE games to-date.

Guest Jayfunk
Has anyone pointed out the title is pretty bad, 2K14 doesn't shorten anything which something like 2k4 did they might has well have 2014 or even better WWE '14 I know it might be part of a series name but it they should have dropped it after 2009

Guest The Beltster
Has anyone pointed out the title is pretty bad, 2K14 doesn't shorten anything which something like 2k4 did they might has well have 2014 or even better WWE '14 I know it might be part of a series name but it they should have dropped it after 2009
Well the 2K guys name all their sports titles 2Kwhatever. Every years its NBA 2K14 etc or whatever the year is, so its just uniformed in with the rest of the established named sorts games they bring out.

SINGLE PLAYER MODE CONFIRMED~!

2K Introduces 30 Years of WrestleMania® Mode in WWE 2K14®

Groundbreaking single-player campaign slated to transcend three decades of high profile matches and memorable moments in WWE history

2K today announced that WWE® 2K14, the forthcoming release in the WWE® flagship video game franchise, will include the 30 Years of WrestleMania® Mode, an unprecedented single-player campaign featuring iconic WrestleMania matches and an unparalleled roster spanning three decades of WWE history. Commencing with the inaugural WrestleMania, the nostalgic journey takes players through more than 45 matches, including the legendary match between Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 3; WWE 2K14 cover Superstar Dwayne “The Rock®” Johnson vs. “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan in an “Icon vs. Icon” match at WrestleMania 18; and the much-anticipated WrestleMania 28 main event featuring The Rock vs. John Cena®. The 30 Years of WrestleMania Mode is inspired by the forthcoming WWE milestone – WrestleMania 30, scheduled for Sunday, April 6, 2014 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

“For nearly three decades, WWE has inspired millions worldwide through the historic, cultural and undeniable phenomenon that is WrestleMania,” said Chris Snyder, Senior Director of Marketing at 2K. “Through the 30 Years of WrestleMania Mode in WWE 2K14, players can now relive their favorite nostalgic and recent WrestleMania moments – from an incredible roster to authentic presentation and match play – in a unique and engaging way.”

WWE 2K14’s 30 Years of WrestleMania Mode will organize matches into a progressive single-player campaign, with the format curated by five distinct eras in WWE history. Unique presentation elements transport players through the different eras, including authentically recreated arenas, WWE Superstar entrances and ring attires, as well as era-specific graphics, screen filters and other presentation elements. In addition, extensive WWE-produced video packages and in-game, cinematic cut scenes set the stage and provide detailed background information on key matches. Historical objectives encourage players to authentically replicate popular match moments, while completing objectives will unlock a host of rewards, including additional playable WWE Superstars, alternate attire options, new arenas and WWE archive photography.

In celebration of today’s 30 Years of WrestleMania Mode announcement, 2K also disclosed the Company and Twitch.TV will present the WWE 2K14 30 Years of WrestleMania Mode Roster Reveal – live on http://www.twitch.tv/2K from WWE SummerSlam Axxess on Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 12:30 p.m. PDT. The reveal will be hosted by WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler and WWE Superstar Damien Sandow.

Become Immortal – 2K’s lineup of premier sports simulation titles expands with the Company’s upcoming release in the renowned WWE video game franchise, WWE 2K14. Developed by Yukes for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 system, WWE 2K14 is positioned to deliver the greatest roster in franchise history and be the most electrifying, authentic and comprehensive WWE video game experience to date. WWE 2K14 is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. Fans who pre-order WWE 2K14 will receive Ultimate Warrior at no extra cost on launch day on October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1, 2013 internationally.

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/25383.jpg

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/25384.jpg

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/25382.jpg

Guest The Beltster

Even in 2013 Hogans name carries enough clout to be the main focal point of the advertising for a new game for the company he doesnt even work for. This is why he still gets big money when he cant draw: people are still blinded by the Hulk Hogan name and the reputation he used to have as such a cash cow.

Good for him, I hope he is getting a nice pay cheque out of it.

The graphics in the Hogan/Andre shot look so much better than the crap the Warrior was in. Looks like 2K are going to use that grainy filter on the old matches to make them look retro like they do in the NBA games.

Guest John Hancock
So that confirms classic Rock, and Hogan in the game. Maybe even two, Hollywood and old school Hogan

I'm really hoping they just make them alternative costumes. I hated how WWE '13 put every costume change as a different character.

Guest Ciaran The King
Martha Hart says you're not having him. And she also thinks your selfish for tarnishing his legacy as a human being by remembering he had a wrestling career.

I'm sorry :(

I'm really hoping they just make them alternative costumes. I hated how WWE '13 put every costume change as a different character.
To be fair there, the alternate costumes were on the same slot, it was different generations / versions which had different sections on the roster, which was probably because they had different entrances and movesets.