Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2K14

ViciousPrism

Guest Ciaran The King
I hate how sometimes the appearances are so last year, the face realism is good but other stuff can be so dated

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because the video game development cycle is so long compared to the life span of some gimmicks. The only way they're gonna fix it is by making gimmick/costume changes DLC for the future games, but if they do that then what's the point in releasing a new game year after year?

Here is the revealed roster so far (taken from IGN and 2K.com).

• Alberto Del Rio
  • Andre the Giant
  • Batista
  • Big Show
  • Big Show (Retro)
  • Big John Studd
  • Bret Hart
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Brock Lesnar (Retro)
  • Chris Jericho
  • Chris Jericho (Retro)
  • CM Punk
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Darren Young
  • Diesel
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Edge
  • Goldberg
  • Hulk Hogan
  • 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan
  • JBL
  • John Cena
  • John Cena (Retro)
  • Kane (Retro)
  • King Kong Bundy
  • Mick Foley
  • Randy Orton
  • 'Macho Man' Randy Savage
  • Razor Ramon
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Ric Flair
  • Ric Flair (Retro)
  • Ricky Steamboat
  • Sergeant Slaughter
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Shawn Michaels (Retro)
  • 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin
  • "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
  • The Miz
  • The Rock
  • The Rock (Retro)
  • The Miz
  • Triple H
  • Triple H (Retro)
  • Ultimate Warrior
  • Undertaker
  • Undertaker (Retro)
  • Yokozuna

There are also another eight blank spaces on the roster page at http://www.2kcom, with a promise of the full roster coming soon.

I've bolded the ones I'm keen to see how they translate to the game.

Edited by DC

I should stress that this is what is being touted as the "30yrs of WrestleMania" roster, not for the full game.

There is a video here showing them in the game.

EDIT - Skip to around the 23min mark.

Edited by DC

Guest str0ntiumd0g
I'll be honest I wasnt that worried about gettingthe new game. I am still playing '13 because its been the best game they've released in the past few years but damn them they are giving us the Ultimate Warrior and the Macho Man. I am easily swayed lol.

If being a WM main eventer was the qualifier several names wouldnt be on that list.
I never said main-eventing WrestleMania was a qualifier for the list. You asked what Miz was doing on the list and I said he will be main-eventing WrestleMania 27, which is why he is on the list.

Guest Ciaran The King
I'm guessing someone as recent as Bray Wyatt and the Family will probably be kept back until DLC though.

But won't the developers follow the buzzards?

It's more that they'd only have a couple of months to create him/them. So even if they do make it in, I don't think they're gonna look very good.

But then no-one in it looks very good! :lol

I've been watching footage of the old TNA Impact game, and the gameplay may have been awful, but every wrestler and entrance looked amazing for the time.

It's more that they'd only have a couple of months to create him/them. So even if they do make it in, I don't think they're gonna look very good.
If you watch the gameplay video, they say that exact thing when talking about Ryback this year and Ryback from last year. They had virtually no time to develop him for WWE '13, which is why the Shellshock and the Meat Hook were rather lame, especially in comparison to this year.
But then no-one in it looks very good! :lol
Did you watch the roster reveal video? Razor Ramon looks fantastic, as does Rick Flair, Undertaker, Triple H and a host of others.
I've been watching footage of the old TNA Impact game, and the gameplay may have been awful, but every wrestler and entrance looked amazing for the time.
With the TNA game, it seems that they spent most of their time and budget making it look good and with good engine, but neglected everything else.

Goldberg's in and he only had one WrestleMania match, the infamous Lesnar one. How the hell are they going to re-create that?

EDIT: I got very confused by myself, I clicked in here when my browser said the thread's last post was CTK's from the other day. I fail at internet.

Edited by Chris2K

Here's the roster for 30 Years Of WrestleMania:

Goldberg's in and he only had one WrestleMania match, the infamous Lesnar one. How the hell are they going to re-create that?

well most wrestling games are punch kick punch kick finisher. So this match should fit right in if they can recreate the 20 minutes nothing happens at the start and the crowd.