Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2K14

ViciousPrism

Guest Edgehead

Wasn't gonna get this till after xmas but saw it in Asda this morning & ended up buying it. Been playing it all morning & really enjoying 30 years of WM, its been great reliving some of those matches from earlier Wrestlemanias.

I'm currently on the fatal four way from WM 16. I completed all the objectives, all that was left was to pin The Rock & out of nowhere he hit a Rock Bottom & pinned me :lol

Oh well I've turned it off for a bit now

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edgehead
I'm stuck on Cena/Michaels from WM23. After the first objective is complete it won't let me attack HBK and every time HBK grapples nothing happens.

The same thing happened to me, I couldn't attack him & he just kept hitting me with the same suplex over & over again. At first I thought it was a glitch but I think its to let Shawn build up a finisher to set up the wrestlemania moment when he attempts Sweet Chin Music

While I am still enjoying the game, this year I've had more glitches and bugs than any installment in the past. Right now, I'm taking a long break because of the fact it crashes in the loading screen for a Universe match. Rivalries can still be a bit janky (Had a rivalry set up between the PTP (Jones & Gilmore, not O'Neil & Young) and The Shield, only for it to set up a tag match between Jones & Ambrose Vs Gilmore & Rollins)/ Had Bret Hart interfere in one of my matches, serving as a distraction while John Cena (Retro) randomly ran in and decked everyone. Custom music playing non-stop through interferences, even into menu screens. My characters music not even playing correctly, I think it plays whatever is supposed to be the menu music at that time.) So f*cking annoying.

PLUS the fact that they removed key elements of Create an Entrance too. Want to recreate Gangrel's rising through the flames entrance in advanced mode? Nope. No Gangrel pyro. Same with Goldberg. And Kane's new intro pyro/smoke. F*cks sake.

Guest Edgehead
On the back of the box theres a picture of Cena doing a double AA & I heard somewhere that Ryback can do a double Shellshock. Anyone know how you do it, I can't figure it out??

I struggled at first, but now I beat him every time... by fighting dirty.

Basically, I go outside and wallop him with chairs. Now and again he'll counter and grab the chair, but if you run at him and grapple, you'll take the chair back. I do this on repeat until I have three finishers (hitting three signatures along the way). I then go into the ring and blast Undertaker with a finisher and try to pin him. Normally he'll kick out and then lights go out.

Countering the tombstone (or kicking out) allows me to hit the other finishers and pin him.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do think the only reason that match is No Holds Barred is so you can use the weapons to get the win. He really is a spawny, evil little crap otherwise.

You hit a finisher the first time in the ring and the lights go out, he appears behind you and you get Tombstone Piledrivered...

You go for a pin near his legs and he locks in Hells Gate

You go for a pin near his head and he grabs you by the throat and chokeslam's you and gains an instant finisher

There is a secret achievement for kicking out of five pins during an attempt to break the streak but seen as he only ever go's for the pin when your dead OR sticks you in a struggle submission sleeper hold when you are in the red then good luck with that given the fact that the kick out system on this game is pap.

The best way I found to beat him is to change the finishers of the people who you are attempting to beat the streak with so they hit the head as well as any signature moves as well then grab the sledgehammer from the left hand side of the ring. That destroys the midsection, drops after four hits but never breaks apart like a chair so can be used again and again.

Hit two signatures and two finishers outside of the ring after building up the bar using the hammer shots, get to a third signature and it helps it if is a pin combo move like the small package driver, hit him with that in the ring and 1-2-3.

I also found the final Wrestlemania Mode match, Cena v Rock to be annoying. Rock reversed the AA six times and I had to reverse the Rock Bottom six times as a result during the final stretch to get the win.

Really enjoyed the OMG double finishers for Ryback, Cena and Big Show though - not sure if there are more for other wrestlers but they are quite cool. Also downloaded the NWO pack last night with Syxx, Steiner, Curt Henning and NWO versions of Savage, Nash and Hall which are cool. You can get the Giant for free as well. Adds in some more new moves for CAW like the 1-2-3 kicks, the Buzzkiller and the Steiner Screwdriver.

The best way I found to beat him is to change the finishers of the people who you are attempting to beat the streak with so they hit the head as well as any signature moves as well then grab the sledgehammer from the left hand side of the ring. That destroys the midsection, drops after four hits but never breaks apart like a chair so can be used again and again.

Hit two signatures and two finishers outside of the ring after building up the bar using the hammer shots, get to a third signature and it helps it if is a pin combo move like the small package driver, hit him with that in the ring and 1-2-3.

Or you can just keep hitting him with chairs, the sledgehammer and the ring-bell on the outside until he he had a red head and torso.

The chairs break apart after four hits and you have to get more from under the ring which leaves you open - plus he is more likely to reverse a chair shot then a sledgehammer blow I've found.
When he reverses a chair shot, he is momentarily caught in the "grabbing a chair from someone" animation. At that point, simply do a running grapple and you will take the chair back.

Chairs do break, but when he is down, you have plenty of time to grab another.

I just finished 100% 30 years of WM mode and thought the last match Cena Vs Rock was easily the most annoying, onto the streak now and finished the first one, just batter Taker with the Sledgehammer until he goes red.

I did enjoy this years game, thought the whole WM theme was good fun especially all the old matches with Hogan/Savage/Warrior etc..

When he reverses a chair shot, he is momentarily caught in the "grabbing a chair from someone" animation. At that point, simply do a running grapple and you will take the chair back.

Chairs do break, but when he is down, you have plenty of time to grab another.

They were not always spawning for me under the apron as well, I used all three from under the top, bottom and right hand sides of the ring and broke them and the bits had disappeared from ringside but sometimes it would still not let me have any more chairs so I resorted to the hammer.

Guest Beefhead
Anybody still playing this?What systems are you playing it on? I'm gonna buy mine and the season pass and take advantage of Black Friday deals. So will probably get whichever is cheaper between Xbox and ps3 but was thinking about online matches and so I wondered who had what