Fan Clubs (beta)

Music Club VIII: Zombie Apocalypse

Shaun2J

28 Shaos Later

YungDro & Hood Killa Presents 28 Days Posse Track

Alright, so this isn't bad. Definitely a tooling up tune. Or looking out the window of your safehouse to see an advancing herd of the undead heading towards your house on a gloomy rainy night. I don't think it's the kind of thing to go out and crack some heads to, but it'd certainly work to psyche you up as you fill your bag full of weapon, grab your trusty machete and prepare to head outside. It's is a bit on the long side, but I'd just skip track once I was tooled up so 8/10. Now pick a 2nd tune! :P

Monroeville Paul

Mausoleum - Manic Street Preachers

I dunno, seems a little light for zombie smashing to me? I can't imagine swathing through hordes of zambambos while listening to the Manics. I need something faster and harder to slay the risen dead to. It's not horrible, but it's not right for zombie fight night. 4/10

Judy Garland - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

YES!! This is absolutely perfect. Like you say, the juxtaposition is immense. Imagine this being played over an emergency speaker system (Tannoy's just a brand name) as you and your remaining group of survivors fight for your lives under attack from zombies?! Either that, or it's the perfect song for the sky to clear, and the clouds to part, as you wipe the blood of the undead from yourself and enjoy another sunrise on another beautiful day of survival. A solid 10/10 and so far the best pick out of everything in this thread.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this is a "getting pumped up before the last battle" track. 10 minutes is a long stretch though but if it was an instrumental then it'd work, although I like the vocals. I find this also to be a song while deciding your Zombie kill tactics in some deserted petrol station. Then it's time to face the dead.

7/10

Manic Street Preachers - Mausoleum

On the wacky side but who can't have a little fun chopping those heads off? Then the chorus hits and you hit your combo rush-attack. Good track but a little on the light side.

5/10

Wait a minute? Who can't have a lot of fun while chopping zombie's heads off? This time in slow motion with the blood raining, heads flying in the air and the beautiful birds having their time pecking eyes. Who needs some thrashing music when you can do it like this?

9/10

Don't Call Me Darkie

Manic Street Preachers 'Mausoleum'

I wanted to rub the human face in its own vomit...

and force it to look in the mirror.

And life can be as important as death

But so mediocre when there's no air, no light and no hope

Prejudice burns brighter when it's all we have to burn

The world lances youth's lamb-like winter, winter

Damn... While the sound isn't what I'd expect for the scenario, this shit fits the ZomPoc. This would be a song to play while tossing molotovs. 7/10

Judy Garland 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'

This plays while the film runs slow mo at the end when the geeks finally over run humanity and we scramble for any kind of safety. Unfortunately there's no safety anywhere. Blood flows, throats are torn open, ammo clips and magazines run empty, the love of your life is snatched from your hand and torn to pieces. This is more than perfect. 11/10

Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Deaf

I can see Zombies attacking and us fleeing / attacking in this song but for me it does not quite accomplish the mission. It is alright but nothing special would give it 6/10.

Soundgarden - 4th of July

This is much better really I like this although I still have no idea why not normally the thing I would listen to but in this case 7/10.

Weirdly this is something I would never listen to it is not my genre or music I like to listen to, in fact I would go out of my way to avoid it at any cost. But I like this. and it does suit the theme which is also great. Towards the end it tends to get a bit much for me but still 8/10

Manic Street Preachers 'Mausoleum'

A bit to samey for me, not the type of music I listen to or want to I only like one Manic Preachers song the rest I turn off as soon as possible. It does suit the theme in certain respects but for me I would let the Zombies eat me rather than listen to this. It's not awful though which is what i was expecting. 5/10

Judy Garland 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'

How is it something you would never think of suits this fantastically. Brilliant off the wall choice absolutely amazing. Would never have crossed my mind. Brilliant. 10/10

Edited by Maxximus

Defness still hasn't posted so I'm just gonna go ahead and take my turn.

This was pretty hard and I'm not terribly happy with my choices. I've been listening to stuff for weeks trying to figure out the absolute best songs for me. There's just too many from multiple genera. I could spend months trying to find two perfect songs and I still would have no luck. If we could have picked three it might have been easier.

So I decided to go with these with some inspiration from Paul and his choices. They summon intense emotion and would suite me in battle but I doubt very much that they'll do anything for anyone else. Oh well, here we go!

DevilDriver - These Fighting Words

[video=youtube;FSf3qqFlhJc]

Louis Armstrong What A Wonderful World

[video=youtube;m5TwT69i1lU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU

Guest Beefhead

Queens of the Stone Age -Song for the def

Not Zombie apocalypse worthy Im afraid just didnt fit to me. Good enough song though 8/10 for the song, 6/10 for the theme.

Soundgarden - 4th of July

Love this song, and as you'll see I think Soundgarden is good Zompac music. 8/10 for both.

5/10 for the song. Thought Id like this more since I usually like Shao's picks. 8/10 for the music though.

Manic Street Preachers - Mausoleum

Cant get into MSP really. So i didnt like this so much. too slow for killing zombies, not left field enough for that so crazy it works pick. 6/10

The leftest of left field picks 10/10

Devil Driver- those fighting words

I've sorta become a DD fan thanks to Maxx the last four or five years. Thought about a few DD songs, and a few Mastodon songs too. This works for me. 9/10

Louis Armstrong- What a wonderful world

A director was making a zombie movie and he needed a slow beautiful happy juxtaposition song for the final ending massacre scene, he was having a tough time choosing between this and somewhere over the rainbow. Somewhere over the rainbow made the final cut theatrically but both versions are on the Bluray disc. 9/10

My picks are kinda weird I think but I'll give a little insight into why I chose them.

[video=youtube;ySzrJ4GRF7s]

Soundgarden-Fell on black days

Lyrically this song makes me think of a zombie plague whenever i hear it. Talking about cures, and making people sick, and feeling trapped. This is THE Soundgarden zombie song.

[video=youtube;ImsrPW5ivGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ImsrPW5ivGo

Deadmau5- Moar ghosts and stuff.

I'm making a different kinda zombie movie. One with slow motion capoeira zombie fights, and zombie horde scenes that turn into 8 bit side scrolling beat em ups ala River city ransom. This song fits the bill.

I was getting round to it right now. :lol

I've got that battle feel from this song but I can't see it being against Zombies. Against people in a war though and that's what the video might have possibly taken away from me.

5/10

Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World

It's got that same effect as Paul's video so points for that. Slow motion, almost making slick moves while in combat. Point knocked off because Paul surprised us first. :lol

9/10

Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days

It's a good pick, one of my all-time favourites but I feel like this song relates to reflecting on what's happening rather than going into full battle mode. Which is a fine way to look at it, you guys have burst my expectations with your picks.

8/10

Deadmau5 - Moar ghosts and stuff.

"One with slow motion capoeira zombie fights". Exactly that in some stuttering way, when it kicks in. Just like the genre of music he makes but a minute or so after it kicks in it doesn't do anything for me. I'd probably die because it's nearly never-ending like the Zombie masses coming after me.

6/10

Edited by Shaun2J

Night of the Living Def

Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days

This is a fantastic song in it's own right, but like Mooks said, it's more for contemplating how the world done f*cked up, rather than going out and kicking it's head in. I'd happily listen to it while in my safehouse scribbling my journal of events, but I need something more upbeat to slay bitches to. 8/10 for the song, but only 4/10 for it's zombie destroying capabilities.

Deadmau5 - Moar Ghosts n' Stuff

I don't even know why I'm listening to this. I know this song inside out already. Again, it's a great song and I listen to it loads, but is it really zombie a*s-kicking material? I'm not so sure. It's a bit slow, and even when it kicks in properly it still doesn't make me want to cave in skulls, it just makes me want to dance. But then I guess that's what you're aiming for with the whole "Capoiera" thing. Another 8/10 for the song itself, but only a 3/10 for being too disco to get my decapitate on to.

EDIT: Oops, realised I forgot someone! :D

Gaping Maxx Wound

I like the double kick, and the epic metal feel of this intro, then when it kicks in it's certainly energetic enough for me to smash some stuff to. Yeah, I could see me kicking rotting heads off the undead to this. While headbanging furiously. :lol 8/10

Louie Armstrong - What a Wonderful World

You sonuvab*tch. You done stole my pick. I suppose this will teach me to ask to go last. :lol But yeah, this is perfect. If I could give an eleven to this sucker I would. I think this'd probably the song that was playing when everything went south and the zombie hordes burst through the walls of our tiny survivor encampment. This plays as you watch the people you've grown close to getting eaten in front of you before the horde swarms in your direction and you realise there might not be a way out of this one...10/10

Edited by dsrchris

That starting beat really gets the blood pumping. The ranty singing just put me off big style. I couldn't kill zombies to it, Id be too annoyed at the noise in my ears. But that beat man... 8/10 for the music alone.

Louis Armstrong What A Wonderful World

Amazing song, and like my second pick its a great track for the moment where you have passed depression and hit the peace as you come to terms with your death. 10/10

I find myself on the fence with Soundgarden, but I love this track. A bit tame for zombie killing, but as you hunt through abandoned tunnels this would work. 8/10

Oh god no. I hate it, started well but that dance shite doesn't work at all for me. 1/10

Post your pick sorry mate I am away with work and have very intermittant signal. Am back in a week so I will post after you. Sorry forgot about this.

EDIT: I am on a dial up connection do you know how long it takes to connect. I am working through my computer at work using remote desktop thingy it is really strange. I am literally back in the stoneage made me laugh so much and caused some strange reactions from work colleagues when that dial up tone started.

Edited by Laffy

Okay, so first up is my "get yo' a*s out of a sticky situation" song. I've got a theory that when the sh*t properly hits the fan you have about 2 minutes to get the hell out of there if you stand a chance of surviving. So what would I listen to for possibly the most important 2 minutes of my (possibly soon to be drastically shortened) life while I hack my way through hordes of the undead? This little beauty.

**VERY NSFW**

Fukpig - Britain's Got F*cking Aids

[video=youtube;Uc0RIoXcH-4]

And up next, well Darkie started a trend with "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and Maxx stole my original pick with "What a Wonderful World", so I'm gonna keep on a similar theme with this pick. Everything is ending all around you, you're backed into a corner, things are looking grim, and your iPod shuffles to...

**QUITE POSSIBLY THE SAFEST FOR WORK THING I'VE EVER POSTED**

The Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun

[video=youtube;__VQX2Xn7tI]

This is speed killing, minigun them f*ckers from the 4th floor or something like in Terminator 2. Once this song ends, your ammunition ends but bring the banana out of you, you've painted a picture beneath you. :tban

8/10

This is the song before you become one of them. You sit on the floor in some corner, away from the zombies but you've had a chunk bitten out of you and you're contemplating blasting your head off. Still, this song starts your transformation and the ZomPoc has really just begun.

In comparison to Paul and Maxx's pick, I think this one was the weaker of the three.

6/10

Devil Driver- those fighting words

This is great and fits the brief perfectly. It is not something I normally listen to and probably wont again but for this situation it is perfect. 9/10

Louis Armstrong- What a wonderful world

Damn It Maxx I was going to do this you and Paul messing me about any how. You can not beat perfection 10/10.

I am not feeling this not my thing and I think I would be bored and let the Zombies get me rather than fight. Not bad but not good either knid of middle of the road. 6/10

I like this which is random as its normally something I hate. Could not listen to it more than once though as it would lose its difference and become something I would hate in very quick sucession.Yeah as the track is going on it is now something I would never listen to again. I would die a terrible death 3/10

For kicking Zombies great, something I would listen to never. I am giving it a middle score as it does suit the theme. 7/10

For me this does not fit but I am sure it is just me. Listening to the lyrics though I can see the choice so it's not too bad just there have been better songs to fit this situation. 6/10

I am finding this quite hard to rate because some of these songs I never want to listen to again as they are not my thing but for the theme they are almost perfect so have to keep thinking Zombie I guess.

I thought long and hard over this and my first choices came down to three songs that I listen to in the winter when its dark and scary. One seemed too literal which was Zombie by Nellie McKay. The second was close

Be quick or be dead by Iron Maiden. In the end end settled with this.

Ozzy Osbourne - Zombie Stomp

[video=youtube_share;k7L9hZzYlGQ]

I think it captures the mood. The second pick was easy it was the first thing that came to my mind and is too obvious I think but still is one of my favourite songs so it had to be done.

Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust'

[video=youtube_share;rY0WxgSXdEE]

Edited by Laffy