Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Payback 2014 Discussion Thread - June 1, 2014 from Chicago, IL (#2)

TPIB

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King

Really enjoyed Payback last night, every match delivered and most of the results were welcomed.

By the way WWE's use of music last night was spot on :)

From start to finish the card was excellent Sheamus/Cesaro & Barrett/RVD were hard hitting matches which delivered well and all four men went out and proved themselves. Must give extra plaudits to Sheamus/Cesaro which was an all out war between two premier workers, even in defeat Cesaro looked strong and it should help going forward.

Rusev/Big E was better than expected, just could have been a little longer.

Bray/Cena, okay here I go. I got over my hate Cena phase long ago so therefore I'm aiming this at WWE. What is the point of pushing Bray to the sky and having him lose to the companies biggest star 9/10 months into his WWE career? This feud with Cena came way to early into Bray's career, here you have a character who could potentially be a star for the next 5 years and who could contest an entertaining feud with just about anyone on the roster. I'm not saying Bray won't survive this ordeal but who now is gonna take the character seriously after all the talk and promises couldn't get it done?

Apart from that the match was amazing, both men worked tremendously well and even the added interference of the Wyatt's and Uso's didn't harm it, mu only criticism is with the finish and who won.

Shield/Evolution - what more can I say but WWE and the fans #believeintheshield. This match was absolutely fantastic and Triple H, Orton and Batista deserve plaudits for doing what was best for business last night and putting the Shield over like no one else before them. Them Shield boys sure sold too but it paid off in the end with a great finishing sequence and surely the seeds have been planted for future singles feud. Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose thoroughly deserved the win last night and proved that they are the future.