Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2k15

King

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Young was on the official Facebook page, but those are the only ones on the actual website at the moment.

I do wonder how Sting will fit in (if he does at all) with any storyline element. I mean, Warrior was the pre-order bonus last year and he slotted right in with the 30 Years of WrestleMania section. Perhaps they will have a WCW-themed part of the game or perhaps he's just there because it's Sting.

Denton bought up a good point that neither CM Punk or Daniel Bryan were around when WWE were doing the new scans. I don't know if Punk will be included at all, but it will be interesting to see how Daniel Bryan shapes up against everyone else graphically.

Denton bought up a good point that neither CM Punk or Daniel Bryan were around when WWE were doing the new scans.
Shawn Michaels has said in an interview that he had a scanning session, so he's going to be in the game (possibly as a version from his last run), while Xavier Woods and RVD have also said they will be in the game.

Of course, none of these should really be a surprise. In fact, I don't think (outside of Sting), anyone is going to cause a stir unless NXT wrestlers are announced.

It's been confirmed that the roster will be revealed the Saturday before SummerSlam (August 16th).

Members of the WWE Universe can get closer to their favorite Superstars and Hall of Famers than ever before this summer when Club Nokia at LA LIVE in Los Angeles hosts the live SummerSlam Panel series Aug. 15-17. Tickets for the interactive events go on sale at AXS.com starting this Saturday, July 26, at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT.

Visit AXS.com | Full SummerSlam coverage

The panels give the WWE Universe the opportunity to ask questions directly to their favorite WWE Superstars and Hall of Famers including:

• Hulk Hogan on Friday, August 15 at 7 PM PT. The WWE Hall of Famer and pop-culture icon will talk about his legendary career in and out of the ring, as well as his recent return to WWE.
  • "WWE 2K15" Roster Reveal hosted by Stone Cold Steve Austin featuring John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Roman Reigns, Sheamus and Cesaro on Saturday, August 16 at 10 AM PT. In addition to speaking about their respective WWE careers, the panelists will reveal the official roster for 2K’s upcoming WWE 2K15 video game, which is available October 28. VIP Ticket holders will receive their photo opportunity with Roman Reigns for this SummerSlam Panel.
  • D-Generation X, featuring Triple H and Shawn Michaels on Saturday, August 16 at 7 PM PT. One of the most popular and controversial groups in WWE history will address their rebellious exploits and discuss their lasting legacy.
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin on Sunday, August 17 at 12 Noon PT. The WWE Hall of Famer will discuss his monumental rise to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history.

Each panel will feature a two hour discussion and Q&A with fans in attendance. VIP experiences will follow. Ticket prices per panel are $50 for lower balcony seating; $100 for floor seating, which includes an exclusive SummerSlam Panels collectible pre-signed poster; and $200 for a VIP experience, which includes priority floor seating, a professional photo with select panel Superstars and an exclusive SummerSlam Panels collectible pre-signed poster. For more information on the SummerSlam Panels, please visit http://www.SummerSlam.com.

Credit: WWE.COM

I haven't bought a wrestling game in years but I'm intrigued to see what 2K will do now that they have full control. The gameplay needs a massive overhaul and hopefully they'll do that.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_n9sdcahJVo1ryhd3jo1_500.jpg

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

EDIT: More details

Year on year, Yuke's has consistently found ways to make their WWE games more dense and feature complete, and from the first details we've gotten on WWE 2K15, that trend is going to continue. Let’s take a broad overview of just what you can expect from this year's outing in the squared circle – both on last-gen and current gen – starting with the new story mode, 2K Showcase.

Last year, WWE 2K14 electrified with its sprawling campaign mode, 30 Years of Wrestlemania. 2K15 is looking to tell a more focused, up-close-and-personal story than the broad historic view offered in 2K14. 2K Showcase will be broken up into two episodes, each one focusing in tightly on an epic rivalry from the WWE’s past. Think of them as mini-documentaries of a sort. Could it be Rock vs Austin? Undertaker vs Kane? 2K hasn't spilled the beans just yet, but rest assured we'll be the first to know, and when we do, so will you. If the excellent 30 Years of Wrestlemania was any indication, though, the authenticity of the presentation will make these rivalries a treat to play through.

In addition to reliving these golden WWE memories, you'll finally have a true, discreet career mode for your created wrestlers in MyCareer. This mode has been lifted from NBA 2K14 and adapted to the WWE environment. While I didn't think the mode had the right synergy with the NBA, the WWE seems like a logical place to apply it. Imagine replacing all those cheese-ball, amateur hour characters and cutscenes with authentically voiced and mo-capped WWE Superstars. You get the picture. Exact details of the mode are still forthcoming, but we do know that it will be on the current-gen version only. Sorry, 360/PS3 stalwarts.

No matter what version you play, though, you'll get to enjoy the fruits of Visual Concepts' involvement. Over 50 days worth of motion capture sessions went on at 2K's state-of-the-art mo-cap facility, where WWE Superstars spent hours getting their signature moves digitally recreated. All told, WWE 2K15 features five times (FIVE TIMES! FIVE TIMES!) the animation data of 2K14. Thankfully, just as much effort has gone into improving the way the game sounds, the color commentary in particular. Over four times as many lines were recorded this time around, which should go a long way towards spicing up what has consistently been one of the franchise's presentational low points.

So that's what you can expect in terms of new features and modes. As we get more face time with the game, we'll be diving in deeper on many of these additions, and of course, bringing you footage and detailed impressions of how things differ once you're actually in the ring. Be sure to head here regularly for a steady stream of new IGN First content on WWE 2K15 throughout the month.

News on the career mode,

2K15 is looking to tell a more focused, up-close-and-personal story than the broad historic view offered in 2K14. 2K Showcase will be broken up into two episodes, each one focusing in tightly on an epic rivalry from the WWE’s past. Think of them as mini-documentaries of a sort. Could it be Rock vs Austin? Undertaker vs Kane? 2K hasn't spilled the beans just yet, but rest assured we'll be the first to know, and when we do, so will you

The two rivalries that are to be featured in the 2K Showcase are -:

Shawn Michaels v Triple H

John Cena v CM Punk

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x165/dravencage/CM_Punk_Retro-720x1080.jpg

EDIT - Some interesting comments from IGN

"The two rivalries will be explored at near documentary-level detail across 33 matches, with tons of video packages and archival footage providing context. Much like last year's 30 Years of Wrestlemania, each match will feature historic objectives, rewarding you for your knowledge of, and your ability to replicate the key beats of the real-life matches.

While this is a sizeable chunk of content, we also know that more rivalries will be added post launch as DLC, though no details on pricing or exact timing have been revealed. Me, I'd pay good money for Rock vs Austin, as their bout at Wrestlemania X7 is still probably my favorite WWE match of all time."

[video=youtube_share;_rik5noVzyo]

Edited by DC