Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2k15

King

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here 's how I see that review from IGN. I'm sure a lot of people are pissed that certain features are missing (Story Designer, Create a Finisher, Custom Entrance Themes) but let's be honest, Create a Finisher was nerfed from day one. If it wasn't people creating over powered, overly long finishers (Double Handed Choke, Slam), then it was the fact that THQ made them seriously underpowered in future installments because it got abused. When I say seriously underpowered, I mean whenever you hit a custom finisher in a match you'd get a 2-count kickout nine times out of ten which really screwed up the mode. Plus, a great deal of animations didn't flow well together anyway.

Story Designer is one that I really could have used this year, because last year I could barely create a story without the entire game locking up on me. I'm not sure if it also affected any other story designer users, but really it ended up broken. Same with custom themes last year, with them going way longer than just the entrances, taking into matches, menus and stuff like that. (Let's also add in the fact that there was probably last-gen/current-gen parity issues since it wasn't until yesterday that USB music was implemented on PS4- still no CD ripping -and I'm not even sure if Xbone has USB music/CD ripping yet.)

It's a hard thing to balance with bringing the game to a new system, and then trying to fix a ton of THQ's mistakes with certain creation modes. This is why I think the reviewer was disappointed, simply because things got removed and with 2K's very secretive attitude regarding game news, it was a nasty shock to the system.

EDIT: After looking at footage of 2K15 on Youtube, on the surface it looks like a reskin on 2K14. Menus look exactly the same. The next gen version looks nothing like that.

Edited by ViciousPrism

Yeah, I get what you mean completely with the create a finisher mode on the previous games.

Seen as you got have 10 animations you could do something like six double underhook suplexes, rolling into each one and finish with a Jay Driller or Pedigree that took something like 10 years to do, was just too-unrealistic (even for a computer game about a pre-determined sport) and is some cases with some of the animations it looked like the characters had a seizure to get into the next position.

The top rope finish was worse and even more insane, forget PAC being the man gravity forgot, you could make your character look like it had been shot around the Hadron Collider and broke the space time continuum.

After the original version, where the novelty wore off, I actually just used the finishes included in the game, mainly because it was hard to get a created finish to finish in a pin due to the timing and animations and also as you said, later versions were under powered. I hit someone once with a top rope finisher I created once and I was getting to my feet, they were already rolling over to get up.

So long as the move list itself is extensive then I don't see it as an issue - after all No Mercy, Day of Reckoning and Fire Pro had some of the best CAW modes and you couldn't create your own move with them, they just had the moves you wanted and were nicely balanced for the most part.

As for the PS3 and 360 versions being re-skins, that was bound to happen as well. It tended to happen with the PS2 and X-Box versions of FIFA and other sports games in the initial cycle of games that were released for both them and the 'new' generation of the PS3 and 360 back in 2005, its just that seen as it is nearly a decade ago people have forgotten that. Developers assume that by now, a year after launch, most people will have switched to the newer consoles, those versions of the game will sell more therefore the money for development will go to those games rather then the older generation - why waste a re-haul when it isn't going to pay and also when you have a working version of the game that you may break trying new ideas?

Edited by Evil Gringo

Guest John Hancock
"Thin roster" seems a harsh problem to blame THQ for. That's like criticising the game because John Cena wears stupid shorts.

Guest The Beltster

So I can take a picture of my dick and then super impose it over skin colour trunks and look like I'm wrestling, as me, in the game, naked?

The all time dream is nearing reality.

Guest The Beltster
No my hair is short so it should look ok. I wonder if they animate your mouth to look like one of those blow up dolls mouths though...

• 2 weeks later...
Didnt review much better on next gen. Not surprised, its pretty much the same old shit.
It's not even that good. Here's my thoughts after playing on it all evening.

First impressions of WWE 2K15 is that it really is a massive step backwards from last year's game.

Graphically, it is of course an improvement (being on the PS4), but the total gutting of the CAW studio is close to unforgivable and has really reduced the creative options available to those who like to make their own roster.

Less than 20 pieces of face paint, only one non-roster entrance (and it's a shitty one at that) and so many other things have been taken from the CAW mode that it's as close to redundant as it's ever been.

The dialogue is still far too repetitive. Working through My Career, you will legitimately develop a hatred for Bill DeMott, while in-match commentary by King and Cole is still stuck on the same loop it's always been.

Match options have also been stripped down, while the stamina and grapple mechanics are also a step backwards from last year's edition.

I've bought it now, so I'm going to make the most of it, but if you haven't I'd recommend you stick with WWE 2K14 on your last-gen consoles and hope 2K go back to the drawing board and VASTLY improve things for WWE 2K16.

Well I bought this yesterday, and from what I've played so far, I'm really enjoying it. As I said before, the last main-series WWE game I played was WWE 12, and this feels so much better than that one. The only thing that bothered me about the "stripping down" of the features was the lack of CAW parts, apart from that, I'm really enjoying it.

As I didn't play the last couple of games, I don't know if the chain wrestling mechanics were there previously, but I really like them. I had a match which went from reversal to reversal that felt like an actual wrestling match, rather than a series of moves. I noticed when I was making my CAW that the movelist has a lot more in it than I remember as well.

So, in my opinion, I really like it. I can live with the lack of CAW features, (as all my best CAW's were created on SVR 2010 and I can't be bothered remaking them), and I like the new gameplay mechanics.

But whatever, my opinion doesn't count. Whenever everybody else shits on something, I usually end up liking it. :doh32: