Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Favourite wrestlers who never got the big one

Guest pheadley

Guest Ciaran The King
Mark Henry should never be challenging for a world title let alone winning one. Henry was a perfect example of a guy not earning it, he was given it out loyalty and pity. No one wanted it and no liked it

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Henry should never be challenging for a world title let alone winning one. Henry was a perfect example of a guy not earning it, he was given it out loyalty and pity. No one wanted it and no liked it

That's not entirely true. Everyone loves some beast mode.

Nice to speak for the entire world there Ciaran.

I think a lot of people would have been happy to see him have a title run after his "retirement" angle.

Guest The B-Man
Nice to speak for the entire world there Ciaran.

I think a lot of people would have been happy to see him have a title run after his "retirement" angle.

Genious move that was. Not to mention his run was pretty decent before getting injured again.

He was a fav but the only person I think should have held the title that didn't was The Million Dollar man. The guy had it all!

Guest Ciaran The King

I like giving an overall opinion :)

Okay so the general consensus is that the Mark Henry retirement angle was well played, however could we have all sat back and enjoyed the matches if he had become champion??

Guest pheadley
his retirement speech for me the highlight of his career, but it was the only time in his career that i had any interest in him and it quickly faded

I like giving an overall opinion :)

Okay so the general consensus is that the Mark Henry retirement angle was well played, however could we have all sat back and enjoyed the matches if he had become champion??

Yes, I don't get why you always think your opinion is so obviously the one everyone is going to agree with, especially given how often it isn't! Not every guy needs to be champ for a year, I'd have been happy to have Henry put fools in the hall of pain for a couple of months to give Cena a rest and then have someone take the belt off him.

I loved the hell out of Henry's Hall of Pain run. Especially him decimating Randy Orton in the match where he won the WHC. It was just so unexpected that when Henry won clean it made it ten times cooler than it had any right to be.

And we all know that heel smack-talking Mark Henry is great. All of us. Even Ciaran.

"If I charge for air, you better keep your rent PAID!"

Guest The Beltster
DiBiase did actually defend the belt on a few house shows after the Main Event episode where Andre sold it to him.

Guest The Beltster

Also, some shots of him from a few house shows as champ:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t104/cbenee/ted.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t104/cbenee/ted2.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/marchbunny27/03_original_display_image.jpg

Guest Ciaran The King
That's not entirely true. Everyone loves some beast mode.

Yes, I don't get why you always think your opinion is so obviously the one everyone is going to agree with, especially given how often it isn't! Not every guy needs to be champ for a year, I'd have been happy to have Henry put fools in the hall of pain for a couple of months to give Cena a rest and then have someone take the belt off him.

I loved the hell out of Henry's Hall of Pain run. Especially him decimating Randy Orton in the match where he won the WHC. It was just so unexpected that when Henry won clean it made it ten times cooler than it had any right to be.

And we all know that heel smack-talking Mark Henry is great. All of us. Even Ciaran.

"If I charge for air, you better keep your rent PAID!"

I'm not saying the retirement angle or Mark Henry's 2011 rise to fame weren't entertaining but he didn't exactly set the world on fire. There are many more deserving and better competitors than Henry

Yeah Mark Henry was the only opponent back then. Edge retired, the Christian feud was over and Bertie went to RAW.

Mark Henry was the choice going cause they built him all summer. How more exciting do you have to be to set the world on fire? The run was great till he lost and then his injury. Based on his monster run, he deserved it.

Guest Ciaran The King
Who would you have had take the title from Babyface Orton then?

Ziggler was more than ready in summer/autumn 2011