Martial Arts

Favourite wrestlers who never got the big one

Guest pheadley

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Joshua7783

Lol..thanks guys...reading this thread has been more entertaining then an episode of Smackdown....

and for me, even though he's been mentioned, i would have liked to see a Jake run...And an Owen Hart run..

also if i remember right...Bulldog was being setup to win the WWE title from big show, but died just before the ppv(a late 90's summerslam?)

Guest The B-Man
Ziggler was more than ready in summer/autumn 2011

No he really wasn't. He is the prime example of a wrestler who shouldn't get the top tier title because they are IC level at best

Guest The Beltster
also if i remember right...Bulldog was being setup to win the WWE title from big show, but died just before the ppv(a late 90's summerslam?)
No thats not true.

Guest Magic

Ziggler was ready when he won the World Title last year and they did the double turn with Alberto Del Rio. He'll never be hotter than that and it probably won't happen for him now.

I don't think anything other than Henry's Hall of Pain was the right thing to do at that point, even though he'll never be a favourite of mine.

Guest John Hancock

I don't think that can be right. When he died, he hadn't wrestled with the WWE for about two years. He died in 2002, and his last match was at a house show in 2000.

Guest The Beltster
Its not right. He was working indy shows tagging with his son when he died, he was several years removed from WWF and they wouldn't have given him the top strap at a time where Austin, Rock, DX etc were all in their prime and he was long passed his.

Guest pheadley
he was always popular but not to the level he was in europe were he was the headlineing act alot during the tours.

Guest The Beltster
He may be getting confused with the fact there was talk of Bulldog getting the big one at the Summerslam at Wembley but Michaels said he wouldn't do the job for Davey Boy and so Bret said he;d drop the Intercontinental belt instead.
Michaels wasn't the champion in 1992, he didn't win the belt until 1996. Savage was the champion at SummerSlam 92 and the plan was always for Warrior to work with Savage in Wembley.

Michaels wasn't the champion in 1992, he didn't win the belt until 1996. Savage was the champion at SummerSlam 92 and the plan was always for Warrior to work with Savage in Wembley.

Wonder why I thought that then, I'm sure I heard a shoot or interview somewhere saying that Bulldog had been put forward to win the big one but then "something" came about and they nixed it in favour of the intercontinental belt instead.

Guest The Beltster
Savage was supposed to win the IC belt from Honky in 1988 but Honky refused to drop the belt to him and they made it up to Savage by giving him the WWF title at WM4 (which was promised to DiBiase who was then given the Million Dollar Belt to appease him)...thats the only similar scenario that springs to mind, cant think of anything where the Bulldog was in line to win the main belt. Maybe when he came back in 1994 at SummerSlam to help Bret in the cage vs Owen and then turned heel and had a WWF title run with Bret in 1995 after his team with Luger didn't pan out he was promised something?

Guest Joshua7783
so after looking into it....it was unforgivin '99 when bulldog was in the main event for the title...then he was suddenly downgraded to mid card status, and i think mainly was on sunday night heat.....my teenage mind probably just THOUGHT they would give it to him, and now 13 years later my mind is just fuzzy :D my bad