Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - June 2, 2014 from Indianapolis, IN (#1097)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, June 2, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, June 3, at 12AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN

Confirmed Matches/Events

Payback Fallout

Guest John Hancock

They've still got Dean and Roman. Not knowing where this is going, I don't hate it. They got rid of Batista, adjusted the numbers so Evolution still have the advantage, kept the feud fresh and surprising, hopefully Seth will get a push, and it was really over. When Dean and Roman turn on each other, then they can f*ck off, I'd rather they went their separate ways amicably for a possible reunion and, who knows, when the feud evolves, maybe Seth will see the error of his ways and come back in, so they can separate as a team, and the leave the window open for future "one night only" team ups, Kane and the Undertaker style.

Whilst I'm aware this is WWE, and I never, ever, ever get what I want, I'm encouraged that what I want still potentially exists, which is more than I can say for literally everyone and everything else in the entire company, so I'm not ready to take my shirt off and start yelling at people just yet.

They've still got Dean and Roman. Not knowing where this is going, I don't hate it. They got rid of Batista, adjusted the numbers so Evolution still have the advantage, kept the feud fresh and surprising, hopefully Seth will get a push, and it was really over. When Dean and Roman turn on each other, then they can f*ck off, I'd rather they went their separate ways amicably for a possible reunion and, who knows, when the feud evolves, maybe Seth will see the error of his ways and come back in, so they can separate as a team, and the leave the window open for future "one night only" team ups, Kane and the Undertaker style.

Literally none of that will happen. Cool things don't happen.

Cena to team with Ambrose and Reigns then a few years down the road they can retcon it to where Cena was all three members of the Shield.

Guest John Hancock
Think about the logic, Seth turned on a group that decimated Evolution not 24 hours earlier in a clean sweep.

Make it about money. Evolution is the weaker team physically and morally, but they've got money, and they've got power. They can give Seth Rollins the things the Shield couldn't; title shots, the highflying lifestyle, a protected position in the company. How many times has he risked his body for the Shield? Throwing himself of walls and video screens and over top ropes to save his friends, and he didn't get anything for it other than injuries. Now he's actually got something worth fighting for; success, and all he had to do was cut out the people that were holding him down the most, with their outdated moral bullshit, and their stubborn refusal to play the corporate game even a little bit. It's their fault, they were self destructive, and their victories weren't worth shit because they kept picking fights with people and things bigger than them, systems and entities they could never really beat just physically. It's not betrayal, it's not selling out, it's survival of the fittest... it's Evolution. Ta-dah.

But, then again, I'm making my usual mistake of applying story telling and logic and character progression to WWE, where their real reason will be "because f*ck you, nerd".

Guest The Beltster
They ditched the crappest member, plus what else was there for the Shield to do? Realistically, they've done everything they can as a group, we all knew they were going their separate ways at some point in the very near future, Ambrose's WWE magazine comments this week revealed they were splitting so its not like its some big surprise. They probably peg Reigns as future WM main eventer and WWE champion and all these guys need something to do as singles, so giving the weakest member the best heel rub is a good way to get them started.

Guest StefanC

All good things eventually come to an end.

In WWE logic I wouldn't be surprised if Batista came back to join the Shield to battle H and Orton.

Or it was H's plan all along to get Tista to infiltrate the Shield, who knows?

All I know is that from day one I knew, you knew, everyone knew the Shield would end.

In any fashion.

The fact that you guys start bitchin' about how and why only makes WWE's idea that greater.

Love it or hate it: it gets a reaction, and that's what WWE is all about, the bigger the reaction, the better, no matter how good or bad people think it is.

I think it's more that they ALWAYS have to have someone turn on someone. Like Johnny said, I'd much prefer them to split amicably with the prospect of special one off team ups in the future.

Yes but that's just, well...boring, isn't it?

Why would they say ok guys, we've done it all, seen it all, now I'm going here and you're going there.

And what, they ride off into the sunset?

At least this way they have you wondering where it's gonna go.

I want next weeks RAW to be tonight, that's why I say: keep it going!

Edited by dsrchris

Yes but that's just, well...boring, isn't it?

Why would they say ok guys, we've done it all, seen it all, now I'm going here and you're going there.

And what, they ride off into the sunset?

At least this way they have you wondering where it's gonna go.

I want next weeks RAW to be tonight, that's why I say: keep it going!

You say boring, but I find it more boring to have the same team split angle played out time and time again. At least an amicable split would be something a bit different, and allow for the Shield to reunite further down the line should they need to. Not everyone needs to turn on each other.

And I'm not bitching about the Shield, I'm bitching about the state of WWE in general. It's mostly p*ss poor.

Half the things they do don't make me interested in seeing what's gonna happen, they just make me want to switch the TV off.

Guest FreeSpirit
WWE still have the power to surprise it seems. Never saw that coming, not even when Rollins went out of the ring to get the chairs, only when Reigns and Ambrose stepped forward. Disappointed that The Shield have split, but good job by WWE on the swerve. Should be interesting to see where Rollins goes from here. Would love him to be the IC or US Champ as soon as possible.

Guest The Beltster
I think it's more that they ALWAYS have to have someone turn on someone. Like Johnny said, I'd much prefer them to split amicably with the prospect of special one off team ups in the future.
Yeah but if they split just as mates, we all know Roman has a main event bright future and Ambrose has a bright future, Rollins on the other hand I could easily slip into obscurity and no a great deal of **** all so why not give him the biggest shove out of the gates, he needs it more than the other 2, a good start for him. I think this is the best way with the best guy turning. It will help him more than the others.

Guest Jack
I would hang myself with a wireless controller</podcast plug>

:lol

I don't hate Rollins turning on the other two but it depends on how it's handled from now on. I like the idea of someone from NXT being added to The Shield and it being a continuously evolving, improving group whose strength isn't in it's members but the philosophy of the group. I can't see that happening right now though but in the short term, Seth turning is refreshing and it'll be interesting to see what happens next with The Shield. I hope they don't just break the group apart because it's a good gimmick and has the potential to be around for a long time yet.

Steph is brilliant too. She's a great heel and becoming very natural on the mic.