Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - June 2, 2014 from Indianapolis, IN (#1097)

TPIB

Guest John Hancock
Yes but that's just, well...boring, isn't it?

Why would they say ok guys, we've done it all, seen it all, now I'm going here and you're going there.

And what, they ride off into the sunset?

We have very different definitions of the word "boring" then. I'd consider it boring that every single team has to end in the exact same way every single time.

It would perfectly suit the Shield gimmick for them all to agree to go their separate ways, but still keep an eye on each other. It would be refreshing and emotional to see such a beloved faction split up lovingly, like the end of an action movie, where all the heroes say goodbye to each other after a successful adventure. They tease and talk about for ages, before one last match a threesome, knowing it's the last time, agreeing that they have separate dreams as individuals they need to fulfil. That one last triple-fist bump after that last match wouldn't have left a dry eye in the arena.

Guest fattyfudge
Make Yoshi Tatsu the newest Shield member, have Reigns & Ambrose act like nutjobs, dying his hair blonde and calling him Seth. Problem sorted. Rollins Vs Tatsu for Wrestlemania 31 who can jump off the highest object match

I'm wondering (just because everything else I've wondered has kinda happened) if this could be The Shield using Seth as some kind of double agent? Like, Reigns and Ambrose take a bullet to get their guy on the inside with the boss, with the long play being a double-double cross?

I know, I know, I'm grasping at straws, but even the idea of having Seth Rollins turn double agent would be waaaaay more interesting than another boring break up angle.

I wouldn't have any NXT upcomer, Prince Devitt or anyone mentioned in this thread to take the third spot in the Shield. They were all about being bros and looking after each others backs and another guy just to come in doesn't fit in well with the "trust" thing they had.

I really hope Seth Rollins will become a smug sh*tface like HBK back in the day, just not all prancy or so. Like the time he pissed Undertaker off in that six-man tag match.

On the other hand, I'm calling this. Dean Ambrose to follow Rollins next week and attack Reigns.

Guest Edgehead

Well I didn't see that coming. I always thought Ambrose would be the one to split The Shield. I'm disappointed they've split but on the other hand they've probably done the biggest thing they could do as a group with the clean sweep on Evolution so now might be as good a time as any to see how they get on as individuals.

I say lets have Reigns v HHH at Summerslam, then if he remains over as a singles guy then maybe have him win the Rumble

Solomon Crowe could've fitted in nicely to make them a 4 man unit, and his current gimmick could've fitted in nicely with aiding them to hijack shows, but unfortunately I think that time has been and passed. I wouldn't have minded adding to The Shield, but to replace a member feels a little redundant. If they're gonna split, then they should just split and leave us with the awesome memories of the last 18+ months.

I'm wondering (just because everything else I've wondered has kinda happened) if this could be The Shield using Seth as some kind of double agent? Like, Reigns and Ambrose take a bullet to get their guy on the inside with the boss, with the long play being a double-double cross?

I know, I know, I'm grasping at straws, but even the idea of having Seth Rollins turn double agent would be waaaaay more interesting than another boring break up angle.

It might be (i.e. is) wishful thinking, but I had the same idea as soon as I saw the angle.

Guest Inno

It's the first time in a while I've genuinely sat bolt upright and went "wait, WHAT?" at an end to Raw. And I dig it.

Rollins has the chance to become a breakout star here. And if he's slotting into Malenko-style workhorse member of the Fake Horsemen, then he's got some great matches with Daniel Bryan in the future coming. He really needs to start wearing the full on Evolution shirt, tie and suit uniform and be exceedingly smug on next week's Raw.

That was The Sheild's Red Wedding.

Guest Ciaran The King

I totally behind the Rollins turn 100%, he is easily the best worker in the Shield and a great talker and it really was a great out of blue moment.

The whole sequence was great to watch and made Rollins the guy right now, can't wait to hopefully see him suited and booted next week on Raw. The possibilities with him now are endless. Going into MITB this really is an exciting time

Guest Ciaran The King
I think it's a shrewd move by WWE, Orton was never over as their chosen one but in Rollins they have possibly found their man. He's gotten himself over during his time with the Shield more so in the last 6 months and he has proven he can get a reaction.