Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - June 9, 2014 from Minneapolis, MN (#1098)

TPIB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King
In the way of mixing it with the upper card, the Shield/Wyatt's are currently on fire and someone who needs the exposure, the chance of being someone could have got the chance. It shows a lazy attitude that WWE went with the easiest option in Cena than either leaving the Shield to stand alone or drafting in someone new

With the exception of Daniel Bryan getting stripped of the title, RAW was pretty uneventful. You basically could have watched the first segment and you would have seen the only part of the show worth watching. Fun fact, by the way. The last time Daniel Bryan lost a title, he was stripped of it.

It seemed strange to me that neither Triple H or Seth Rollins had any involvement in the main event. I expected Seth Rollins to do something, but instead, Triple H & Rollins were just watching the match backstage. Seems like a waste of feud development to me.

I cannot express to all of you how angry I get whenever I see Alicia Fox on my television. Why is she still getting any TV time? Also, why does Paige only get booked like every other week?

That Sheamus/Barrett match was surprisingly good. I am a bit surprised that Sheamus went over though. Surely, Barrett would have been a smarter choice.

Cesaro's walk to the ring gets more and more ridiculous every week and I'm convinced that he is making it that way every week. Without the Mr. McMahon character, Cesaro is definitely filling the ridiculous walk void. Out of the four guys confirmed for the match, Cesaro is definitely the one I want to win. With that said, I doubt WWE will give the title to Cesaro. That would be too unexpected of them. They will probably have Orton win the title or, even worse, Del Rio (okay, maybe not Del Rio).

While I am a big fan of seeing a seven-man Ladder Match for the vacant title, it is unfortunate that we won't have a "Mr. Money-in-the-Bank" this year. Speaking of the ladder match, with three spots left open, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to who it will be? I'm thinking that Kane is probably the most likely to be added, as well as Seth Rollins and either Dean Ambrose or Roman Reigns. Personally, I think they should put Rollins, Ambrose, & Reigns in the match, but I expect that feud to be put into its own match somehow. I would not be surprised at all to see John Cena or Bray Wyatt added to the match, either.

Is anyone else expecting Bo Dallas to be Goldust's mystery partner next week?

What is it with them giving John Cena tag teams as backup against The Wyatt Family? First, it was The Usos and now it's Ambrose & Reigns. Was booking The Usos against Fandango & Damien Sandow really more important than just keeping The Usos as Cena's backup and keeping the Cena/Wyatt and Shield breakup angles separate? If I wasn't sure that they would job Rusev out immediately, I would suggest a Cena/Rusev feud.

Edited by TPIB

Guest Ciaran The King

I'm sure Del Rio's contract was coming to an end?

Seth & Trips could have cost the Shield/Cena the match at the last minute

Seth & Trips could have cost the Shield/Cena the match at the last minute

Exactly! Instead, they keep Triple H & Seth Rollins backstage and Cena/Shield go over The Wyatt Family cleanly for no reason whatsoever.

I also like how Triple H didn't care that Cena was teaming with Ambrose & Reigns. He just said that it didn't matter because The Shield would be destroyed by the end of the night then didn't do anything to ensure that. In essence, he just assumed that The Wyatt Family would be able to handle Cena and The Shield without any complications and, not only that, but The Wyatt Family would, somehow, bring an end to The Shield.

Did anyone else notice that Stephanie said that there were some qualifying matches on SmackDown? I assumed that they had her say that as an excuse to put Randy Orton in the match, but then the commentators immediately put an end to that. It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Edited by TPIB

Guest Ciaran The King
It would have made more sense for the Shield (due to what they've done since their début) to have to stand alone against the Wyatt''s, it was too early for the Shield to look strong/get payback, that could have been saved for the PPV. Once again WWE make the Wyatt's look weak and in the process it sort of says the Shield couldn't get the job done without Cena

Wouldn't the Big Show, if you were throwing a quick name in there, make more sense?

He dislikes the Authority, has no ties really with the Shield in a truly positive or negative manner, has the size and aura of someone who could go toe to toe with Harper, Rowan and Bray and also the feud between Cena and the Wyatt's should now be over after the finale of the Last Man Standing Match were Cena 'slayed' the monster.

Also stripping Bryan of the title now just derails the whole thing - plus the champion is supposed to carry the belts at all times so if Bryan wasn't even there when they stripped him, if he wasn't responding to their calls then how do they have his championship belts to hang above the ring?

Also a Money in the Bank match requires a briefcase - so this title match is not a Money in the Bank match, its a six man ladder match. They should also still have a proper Money in the Bank match for the title shot or else what is the point of the gimmick and building a PPV around it?

Retarded Raw.

Guest Ciaran The King
I agree as well at the Championship Ladder match they're should still be a MITB match as well

Guest Ciaran The King
Having no money in the bank match at a show called Money in the Bank is pants on head.

WWE welcomes you to their way of thinking..........

Question.......Are the higher ups at WWE quietly pleased that Bryan is not medically cleared/cannot compete and therefore is not champion any more?

Yes because they never wanted him as champion, they only did it in the end due to pressure from the fans crapping on their proposed main event live as well as on the internet and CM Punk walking out. Providence and circumstance delivered the title to Bryan - they planned to destroy him after that because they don't see him as a true number 1.

He is this generations Chris Benoit. Hopefully Brie doesn't end up the same as Nancy.

Guest Ciaran The King
The smugness on Triple H and Stephanie's faces last night was beautiful, yes half was acting but the other half was all real.

They want Roman Reigns as champion eventually, right now god knows - I actually hope Cesaro wins the match but I have a funny feeling that Bryan is going to come down, neck brace and all, and cause some kind of no contest because the Authority have guaranteed a new champion - which usually means the exact opposite is going to happen.

Guest Ciaran The King

As far as I'm concerned Bryan shouldn't appear until after the PPV or during the build to Summerslam.

For a new Champion I'd put in on Cesaro, give him a reign see how he does for a few months. That would enable further Heyman gloating and through that the return of Brock could be triggered for Summerlsam. But I just know WWE will award it to Orton

Guest BeorimJ
Am i the only one who was exited last night? i think the Ambrose/Reigns Promo was really good, with Reigns even delivering a promo above the level of Ambrose for once

Guest John Hancock
Roman Reigns tweeted Ronda Rousey an invite to be the new third member of the Shield, and Ronda is now marking out all over Twitter.

Guest Edgehead

Roman Reigns was really good on the mic this week, Seth looked good suited & booted and his new entrance music wasn't terrible.

Of the 4 people currently in the MITB match I have no interest in seeing any of them win the title, not even Cesaro. I'm not as big on him as a lot of people seem to be, I can take him or leave him.

I agree that there should be a proper MITB ladder match, they usually have 2 anyway for the 2 world titles so theres no reason why we can't have a proper Mr Money in the Bank this year.

Guest Jayfunk
Now Daniel Bryan's title run is over who would have thought Eric Young's title run was better? Edited by dsrchris