Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - June 9, 2014 from Minneapolis, MN (#1098)

TPIB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That aside, this was one of the worst episodes of Raw in a long time. Bar the opening segment and the last match, it was utter tosh.

Guest John Hancock
I can't tell if it was a bad episode, or I just wasn't in the mood, because nothing really struck me as "THIS IS SHIT!" other than the stuff that makes me feel like that every week, but this is the first episode of RAW I've started watching and then turned off in a long time. I've watched a bunch of shows all the way through, and I've missed a bunch of shows, but this is probably the first time this year where I've got bored before the last hour and just done something else.

Cesaro winning the title could be a great move. With a returning Brock you got the SummerSlam main and storyline set in stone.

Hey man screws Cesaro out the title for Brock and there's your faceturn we all want.

Guest Ciaran The King

I just think after last week's shock factor we were all expecting more from this week, so it's just a bit of a comedown.

Rollins is great

Guest Ciaran The King
To be honest I think the Shield split has reinvigorated the trio once more, Reigns and Ambrose seemed pumped and Rollins is oozing charisma and ego

Guest Matt Black

What purpose did inserting Cena into the main event serve, apart from a clumsy effort to keep him in the spotlight even when he's about as natural a fit as a brothel next door to the Cistine Chapel?

The remaining members of the Shield are supposedly out to prove that they can still hack it without Rollins, and Cena's already come out on top nine times out of ten in his feud with the Wyatts as well.

It would have made more sense to have the pair turn on Cena even after he helped them to see the Wyatts off, distancing themselves from needing to be propped up by a sponge that'll just soak up the attention and leave them looking weaker than they did before he ran in.

Guest John Hancock
One last, desperate, futile attempt to get him cheered I'd guess. The Shield double-powerbombing Cena anyway would have been great, and really perfectly in character.

Guest Matt Black
One last, desperate, futile attempt to get him cheered I'd guess. The Shield double-powerbombing Cena anyway would have been great, and really perfectly in character.

I'd read it in the same way, just another reminder that Cena needs to be in the spotlight, despite the fact that he's not in the championship picture and the story-line occupying the main event on the show is totally centred around other talent that deserves to be given the spotlight that's been shining on him for literally years now.

It's as if the WWE can't contemplate a face turn that doesn't also make the subject instantly subservient to Cena and therefore willing to simply accept him as a part of what is apparently a tight-knit and efficient unit which never needed to admit anyone else into the fold to deal with a threat.