Fan Clubs (beta)

Wimbledon 2014

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest bigmatt

I can see there being a shock somewhere in this. Some youth has to bubble through somewhere.

It has bubbled through in the shape of world number 144, Wimbledon wildcard, 19 year-old, Nadal-slaying, Nick Kyrgios. Well done young man. He played great.

Murray's through to his seventh consecutive Wimbledon quarter-final, he's also reached his 13th consecutive grand-slam quarter-final out of the grand slams he's entered (he missed last years French Open with that back injury).

There's two exciting quarter-finals tomorrow in the shape of Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov (who won Queens a couple of weeks ago) and Stanislas Wawrinka vs Roger Federer. Djokovic looked great in dispatching Tsonga who is a fantastic grass court player, you had to feel sorry for him in meeting that Djokovic. Novak should beat Marin Čilić quite comfortably, I'd have loved to see Tomáš Berdych make it through. Berdych/Djokovic had some potential. The last quarter-final is exciting now too, Milos Raonic vs Nick Kyrgios, I wouldn't have had much interest in Nadal/Raonic but I'll be pulling for the young Aussie now. It would be great to see him in the semis, maybe against Federer on Centre Court.

Bye Serena! :D

Knew I should have done the Sharapova/Djokovic double the other day when Maria was 6/1.

It's all about the lovely Sabine. Oh Sabine :wub I haven't seen much of her this year, mind.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Magic

*Ahem.*

Nadal can't play on grass these days, so I don't think he'll make the final.

When I say "can't play" I mean he won't beat the top two or three guys. He can still beat most people and make the last four, but at the same time if he doesn't do well I wouldn't be surprised.

Called it. He's dropped sets in all his games up until now, and now he's gone. When it comes to grass, Nadal is just another guy. Murray and Novak would have beaten him in three sets had they met.

As for Maria, yeah, good call on me not doing that double. Simona Halep will win the womans now I think. Serena had to withdraw from the doubles with Venus today with a viral infection. She didn't look good at all.

Guest Edgehead
What can you say, Dimitrov deserved it hands down. He out played Murray from start to finish. Maybe if that second set tie break had gone Murrays way he could have got back into it but it just wasn't to be.

Guest Magic

Don't think that its set in stone. Wouldn't rule out one or both causing a shock. Particularly Raonic who I like a lot.

Hopefully Djokovic and Federer win in 5 sets each, I'll win some money. I've done 3-1 and 3-2 in both games to Djokovic and Federer. I'll be surprised if they win in straight sets.

Guest bigmatt

Hopefully Djokovic and Federer win in 5 sets each, I'll win some money. I've done 3-1 and 3-2 in both games to Djokovic and Federer. I'll be surprised if they win in straight sets.

Well, Dimitrov's earned you some money.