Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

KENTA officially signs for WWE

DC

Guest Ciaran The King
No its not, they cant cut promos so they're useless in WWE.

Everyone just needs a chance :)

Guest Magic
But it they literally can't speak the language, giving them a chance isn't going to help much when cutting a promo is it? :lol

Guest Ciaran The King
Okay well in that situation give him to Heyman, hire an actor who can translate who could play a tyrannical manager. Yes of course not speaking the lingo is a hindrance but if the talent is booked properly then embarrassment can be avoided

Guest The Beltster
Neither can Brock Lesnar, so it's a gamble.
Brock Lesnar can cut great promos.

And back to Japanese guys, WWE wont use them properly because they dont know how. They f*ck it up every time plus the fanbase dont care anyway so it'll be more of the same with this guy.

Guest Ciaran The King
Japanese guys, WWE wont use them properly because they dont know how. They f*ck it up every time plus the fanbase dont care anyway so it'll be more of the same with this guy.

Sadly you are correct.....but fingers crossed

WWE.COM has a piece up where Triple H, Cesaro (until Heyman stops the interview :lol), Seth Rollins and Daniel Bryan discuss when they first saw / heard of Kenta (now no longer in all caps) and why they're looking forward to his appearing in WWE.

Ring of Honor (including a name-check for Glory by Honor V), Pro Wrestling Noah, AJPW, Austin Aries, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Naomichi Marufuji, Tiger Mask and Dynamite Kid all get a mention too.

To think there was a time WWE would never acknowledge the existence of other promotions and now they regularly feature them and discuss them on the

I'm kinda bummed they're not keeping capital KENTA. Kenta is Kenta Kobashi and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise is gonna get chopped across the chest to death.

Yeah. This. Kenta is Kenta Kobashi and KENTA is the face-kneeing bringer of kneed faces.

Although, loads of WWE's graphics are done in capitals anyways, so I can just pretend it's right whenever I see a poster. :lol

That being said, the fuss they're making of KENTA's history bodes well for him coming into the company. I've said that they should just sell him as an International Superstar and make a fuss about who he is and what he's renowned for, so it actually makes me a little bit glad to see that's what's happened so far.

Although there is obviously the usual gap of the website being much more open to acknowledging things that wouldn't be mentioned on TV, so I'm gonna reserve my judgement until he actually makes his debut. I've been hopeful before and look how that's turned out...

Guest John Hancock
Nah, they're gunna make him Jeremy Kin, comedy Japanese basketball superstar. That whole thing was like three years ago, so it's just prime for a relevant pro-wrestling reference.

Yeah. This. Kenta is Kenta Kobashi and KENTA is the face-kneeing bringer of kneed faces.

Although, loads of WWE's graphics are done in capitals anyways, so I can just pretend it's right whenever I see a poster. :lol

That being said, the fuss they're making of KENTA's history bodes well for him coming into the company. I've said that they should just sell him as an International Superstar and make a fuss about who he is and what he's renowned for, so it actually makes me a little bit glad to see that's what's happened so far.

Although there is obviously the usual gap of the website being much more open to acknowledging things that wouldn't be mentioned on TV, so I'm gonna reserve my judgement until he actually makes his debut. I've been hopeful before and look how that's turned out...

The fact they mentioned KENTA being the creator of the GTS and BKK in glowing terms also bodes well.

From what i have been reading Kenta has decent English. Also good to read Bryan and Rollins praising his charisma and aura.

• 1 month later...
Thanks. The anticipation was killing me.

I'm kinda bummed they're not keeping capital KENTA. Kenta is Kenta Kobashi and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise is gonna get chopped across the chest to death.

Nah, they're gunna make him Jeremy Kin, comedy Japanese basketball superstar. That whole thing was like three years ago, so it's just prime for a relevant pro-wrestling reference.
Well, it's been confirmed by a promo vignette that he's debuting at NXT Takeover as... KENTA.

The vignette for the show had him in his standard ring gear throwing a kick, so it looks like he's keeping the gimmick intact, which is good new for Devitt and Steen.

EDIT - The video can be seen here.

Edited by DC