Fan Clubs (beta)

Champions League 2014/15

Guest Inno

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is, why play four holding or central midfielders and have zero width? Why only make one sub and it be you're best player and dangerous player on the night for a defender?

The more and more this season goes on, the more it is clear that Rogers had nothing to do with their success last year, it was Suarez and without him they are a mid-table side but with a horrible weight of expectation on their shoulders because of what they did with him.

Good result for Arsenal though, keeps the Wenger baiting wolves at bay for another week at least. Wonder why Welbeck didn't play, but Sanago replayed him with a goal so it's all good and good for him to break his duck.

Good result for Arsenal though' date=' keeps the Wenger baiting wolves at bay for another week at least. Wonder why Welbeck didn't play, but Sanago replayed him with a goal so it's all good and good for him to break his duck.[/quote']

It's a bit murky, but the noises coming out of the club is that Welbeck simply needed a rest. I think he got a little pang playing for England, played with that pang against Utd, and needed the rest on Wednesday.

Wenger has complete faith in Sanogo though. I'm talking unwaivering, stubborn, blind or geniusly accurate faith in the kid. Haven't seen such faith in a young player since Cesc Fabregas.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
MASSIVE game for us tonight, this match could really define if Rodgers has a future at Liverpool or not, we have to win to get through, it's all or nothing, it doesn't get much bigger than this.He better pick the right team or he's in for some serious abuse.

I think Liverpool vs Basle is going to be a slobberknocker I really do. Tie of the round, possibly.

May even watch this instead of Arsenal's inconsequential gloomy away day in Turkey with Sanogo up top, no doubt getting racially abused.

Cheers!

Tonight's line-up, assuming no one dislocates their ankle putting on their socks:

Szczesny

Debuchy -- Mertersacker -- Chambers -- Bellerin

Flamini -- Ramsey -- Oxlade-Chamerlain

Campbell -- Sanogo -- Podolski

The bench is choc-full of school-age kids too, including Zelalem, Chubby Akpom and Alex Iwobi. Don't expect anyone to give a single actual f*ck but I do love these games where the kids get a run out :).

Starting XI looks good too. Great to see the Buche back, great to see Bellerin get a go too. I'm looking forward to Campbell and Sanogo playing together though. I know it was only the Emirates Cup but these two tore some poor schmucks to pieces in pre-season :xyx

Cheers!