Fan Clubs (beta)

What are you playing?

King

Guest Yodahew
I'm working through Alien: Isolation and loving it. Thought I'd reached the end, but "something" happened and now I'm not sure where the story is going because...

[spoiler=Seemed like it should be the end]Waits had trapped me in a lab section of the space station with the Xenomorph and then jettisoned it into space. I was then tasked to pressurise an airlock and escape, which I did and thought would be the end as the Xeno is no longer a threat.

I'm now back on the station, with no alien hunting me, and after checking IGN, I'm only half-way through, so I'm intrigued where it goes from here.

Ill be honest I went out and bought this game off the back of this post. Havent played it yet as I am 82% through Rise of the Tomb Raider. Still havent finished the story mode yet as I know when I do I probably wont pick up the game again to get that 100%.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite the gamer anymore but I lent Alien: Isolation and I was eager to play it through. The shock value is there and I did get the kick out of it at first but it get's totally repetitive hiding and walking around with your radar. I don't want to give away too much but the story just plods on towards a short "hmm" for me and that's that.

I've managed to get into the Beta for The Division on Xbox One, and it's pretty damned good. I can see it being a Destiny-esque time sink for me, if only because it appears as though there will be a similar constant grind for loot.

The couple of missions they give you are pretty cool, and the controls have been tightened up since I played it back at EGX, so I'm officially back to looking forward to this game, and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it on release in March.

I'm not quite the gamer anymore but I lent Alien: Isolation and I was eager to play it through. The shock value is there and I did get the kick out of it at first but it get's totally repetitive hiding and walking around with your radar. I don't want to give away too much but the story just plods on towards a short "hmm" for me and that's that.

You should watch Soviet Wombles play through of the game, it's hilarious. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Yodahew
100% completion on rise of the tomb raider. Pretty proud i only had to look up 2 survival cache locations. Just about to start batman arkham knight and see how that goes.

Guest Yodahew
Currently try to 100% rise of the tomb raider the story for the game was amazing! Would highly recommend it.

How are you getting on with it?

I started batman arkham knight. Really enjoying it so far. I never finished asylum and never played city or origin. Have barely played the story im on about 4% completion.

Guest Yodahew
I finished Alien: Isolation and have dived right into Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, which I'm really enjoying.

Was Alien a good game? I have that down to play after Batman.

Guest Peach1902
Just played through Until Dawn on PS4. It is basically an interactive horror movie where you can alter future by the choices you make. I really enjoyed it and wish there were more games like this around.

Guest Barbarian1072
Finally started playing the Last of Us recently after hearing so much about it, wish I'd got it sooner because it's a brilliant game but i've been hearing great things about it for so long that it just didn't live up to them. The storytelling is very good though and the two main characters, Joel and Ellie, are very likeable. The actual gameplay itself surprised me with how good it is, I was expecting it to be a game that's all about the story but just playing through the mission is fun on it's own. Haven't tried online yet but it looks good.

Finally started playing the Last of Us recently after hearing so much about it, wish I'd got it sooner because it's a brilliant game
While I loved the game, I'm from the opposite camp; I wish I'd waited so I could have experienced it for the first time on PS4. Ditto with Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs.

Guest Barbarian1072
While I loved the game, I'm from the opposite camp; I wish I'd waited so I could have experienced it for the first time on PS4. Ditto with Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs.

I'm happy I played it on PS4 but I just wish I'd played it as soon as it came out on next-gen. It's only because people were shoving it down my throat how good it was for like a year so it couldn't possible live up to the hype lol. And what's Tomb Raider like? I've heard good things about it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yodahew
And what's Tomb Raider like? I've heard good things about it

Rise of the Tomb Raider is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. I am not very good at 3rd or 1st person 'shooters' or the like and I normally struggle on easy mode. This had just the right amount of difficulty to keep me playing and the story is great albeit a bit short. The side missions are crucial to make the later part of the game a bit easier as the exp give you access to more abilities.

I've been suckered in again, and I've bought The Division and all the DLC. Although to be fair, I did play the holy hell out of both betas, and it still held my interest.

First thing I've noticed is there seems to be a lot to do, I just hope it doesn't descend into retreading the same 5 side missions over and over again, like these games tend to do.

So far, so good though. It's definitely slanted towards a few of you working together as a team, but it's still a hoot to play by yourself too. I'd definitely recommend folks giving it a go.

Guest Barbarian1072
Rise of the Tomb Raider is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. I am not very good at 3rd or 1st person 'shooters' or the like and I normally struggle on easy mode. This had just the right amount of difficulty to keep me playing and the story is great albeit a bit short. The side missions are crucial to make the later part of the game a bit easier as the exp give you access to more abilities.

It's cheap on PS4 so I'll probably give it a go. I've never really played a Tomb Raider game so it'll be a tick off my "To Play" list.

It's cheap on PS4 so I'll probably give it a go. I've never really played a Tomb Raider game so it'll be a tick off my "To Play" list.
You're thinking of the previous game; Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't out on PS4 until the end of 2016.

I finished Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and it was the most enjoyable since Ezio's outings (just pipping Black Flag), so now it's on to work through Wolfenstein, then BroForce, before getting something new at the end of April.

Guest Yodahew

As stated thats Tomb Raider. Also a very good game. Very addictive and fun. If its cheap I would recommend it highly.