Fan Clubs (beta)

What are you playing?

King

The Division and EA UFC 2.

The Division is a good game, enjoyable enough to play on your own or in a group but my only issue with it is this. It was delayed for two years to get it right, they did a bloody beta period to make sure it was right and still on day one it required a 2.6gb patch on install on the X-Box One.

Then there has been intermittent server crashes and periods of maintenance because you have to be constantly connected to the Division servers to play the game, that means you can't play it at all whilst they are doing that. Also if you don't have the internet you can't even play the game solo, let alone in a group so be warned.

Now, about two weeks after launch I have to sit and wait for another 2.7gb update to be applied to the bloody game.

Ubisoft, how about actually releasing games that are ready? Assassins Creed, the Crew, the only one recently that was fine on launch was Far Cry Primal and that was because as fun as it was for the short space of time needed to clear the game, it was basically a re-skin of Far Cry 4.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Culling is pretty good though it now rather means H1Z1 is obsolete for me since The Culling is a great death match PVP game like the King of the Kill mode was in H1Z1 and DAYZ is far and away a better survival game than H1Z1 just survive. the Culling is only 10.99 of alpha release so well worth a pop.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Beltster
Day of the Tentacle Remastered....how did I not know about this? One of the greatest games of all time, now updated and looking all pretty. Sick!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Onslaught316

Been looking over my shelf of unplayed games (way too many, I have a backlog problem), and debating what I'm gonna poke at next. I'm gonna try to knock out some of the more popular games that I haven't got around to. What would you guys recommend first out of these:

Assassin's Creed 2/3

Bioshock 1/2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

L.A. Noire

Batman: Arkham Origins (played the other three, intentionally skipped this originally)

Assassin's Creed 2, all day, every day. Ezio Auditore De Firenze is a pimp.

Seriously though, AC2 is the best of the lot, with Ezio being my personal favourite character from the whole series. If you like it, I'd recommend playing through Brotherhood and Revelations as well just to tie up the Ezio story arc.

Been looking over my shelf of unplayed games (way too many, I have a backlog problem), and debating what I'm gonna poke at next. I'm gonna try to knock out some of the more popular games that I haven't got around to. What would you guys recommend first out of these:

Assassin's Creed 2/3

Bioshock 1/2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

L.A. Noire

Batman: Arkham Origins (played the other three, intentionally skipped this originally)

I'd say Origins as you'll probably get through that quicker than the others.

Personally, I thought it was unfairly slated. It isn't a major leap forward in the way City was to Asylum, but the story is pretty damn good, the characters are excellent (Bane is awesome, Joker is Joker) and the solving-the-crime-scene sections are great (so good in fact, they were used again in Knight).

After that, I'd side with deeser and go with ACII (plus Brotherhood and Revelations if you can get them - play the whole Ezio saga like some kind of videogaming box-set). He's easily the best playable assassin in the game (edging out the very good Kenway and Frye twins) and his story is suitably epic over the three outings.

Guest Onslaught316

I think I actually do have Revelations and/or Brotherhood as well. I went on a used game binge at a flea market and got way too many games for way too cheap to pass up. I'd have to dig through piles but I think one or both are in there.

Given the dual rec, I'll probably hit ACII first, and then get on to Arkham Origins. I'm hoping you're right about it being unfairly slated - the more I've thought about it, the more I realize that as long as it's fun and plays like the others...I can't see how I'd hate it, even if it doesn't do anything too new.

Guest Onslaught316
Currently playing ark survival evolved in xbox one. The Beta one is still up for downloading for 27 pound and it's a pretty good game

I remember being REALLY hyped for this when I saw some beta footage from E3 last year. Glad to hear it's shaping up. It genuinely seemed like everything I wanted in a game. Not sure I'll check out the beta, but I'll definitely be looking for more reviews once the final version drops.

• 1 month later...
Haven't they been planning that for years?

Yes and no, nothing had been confirmed until now but given that Rockstar only have three franchises and Max Payne and GTA have had games out since the last Red Dead game, we where due one.

Red Dead is in my top five of all time so really excited about the chance of a new game. It seems to be a prequel and that means tonnes of possibilities along with the advances Rockstar have made in their open world games with GTA 5.

I'm hoping it gets announced at E3, because then at least that means that the original RDR will go backwards compatible and I can play it through again. :D

Funny thing is, rumours are starting to circulate about GTA6 too, so there's the very real possibility that Rockstar could hit us with some kind of announcement for both games and watch the gaming world lose it's collective sh*t.

There's also been a lot of interest in the fact that Rockstar advertised 100+ extra job roles at the end of last year, which a lot of folks are saying lends credence to Rockstar working on multiple titles at the same time. Plus we never got the "Agent" game they started banding around in 2007/2008, which was supposed to have been held off while they trialled new gameplay mechanics and engines in games such as Rockstar Table Tennis, Max Payne 3 and LA Noire. There's a case to be made that Rockstar are purposely misdirecting us with talk about RDR2 (technically Red Dead 3, but that's just me being pedantic) and a new GTA, when they could very well be about to drop a completely new franchise on an unsuspecting gaming world.

It's all speculation, but like Gringles said, Rockstar only have a couple of franchises so I'd expect to see them at least attempt to get another IP started up in the next couple of years.

Guest Onslaught316
I'm hoping it gets announced at E3, because then at least that means that the original RDR will go backwards compatible and I can play it through again. :D

Funny thing is, rumours are starting to circulate about GTA6 too, so there's the very real possibility that Rockstar could hit us with some kind of announcement for both games and watch the gaming world lose it's collective sh*t.

There's also been a lot of interest in the fact that Rockstar advertised 100+ extra job roles at the end of last year, which a lot of folks are saying lends credence to Rockstar working on multiple titles at the same time. Plus we never got the "Agent" game they started banding around in 2007/2008, which was supposed to have been held off while they trialled new gameplay mechanics and engines in games such as Rockstar Table Tennis, Max Payne 3 and LA Noire. There's a case to be made that Rockstar are purposely misdirecting us with talk about RDR2 (technically Red Dead 3, but that's just me being pedantic) and a new GTA, when they could very well be about to drop a completely new franchise on an unsuspecting gaming world.

It's all speculation, but like Gringles said, Rockstar only have a couple of franchises so I'd expect to see them at least attempt to get another IP started up in the next couple of years.

I'm thinking if anything we might get a solid DLC expansion for GTA V, rather than a full-blown GTA 6. It would allow them to expand GTA V's lifecycle even further. With the recent news of the numbers of copies shipped to retailers (65 million), you have to imagine they'll want to capitalize on the potential that even 25-30% of that audience picks up the DLC. They could have a smaller team work on that since working on an expansion is going to be less taxing than building a new game (even if it's a large expansion), and then have two larger teams working on RDR 2 and like you said, Agent or something like that.

Would also love to see a new IP though. I'd love Rockstar to work on something space-related. They've kept grounded for a long time, I'd love to see them try to go out of their comfort zone.

Yeah, they did Lost and Damned, Ballard of Gay Tony and other stuff for GTA IV for why nothing has been done for GTA V like that I have no idea.

If they could do something with the LA Noire engine and do something with that franchise (even though Bondi went belly up due to the cost of making the game) that would also be amazing. I loved that game, completed all of it and the DLC and it deserves building on.

But first give me Red Dead... that's all I really need. Please Rockstar. That or a Trevor spin off for GTA V...

The argument's there to be made that GTAV has already given you it's equivalent of DLC for free in GTA Online. Don't forget that was pushed initially as a completely separate game, and they've given away a whole bunch of expansions, heists, extra missions, fan created content, and cosmetic stuff for free.