Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Boxing and MMA Forum Random Comments 2015

King

Guest The Beltster

Yeah I agree with Jack about the spectacle and sometimes that special moment in time means more than money. UFC aren't going to go broke by missing a few PPV buys having the show in Ireland and imagine it, 80-TOWSAND!

Shame.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it would sell out Croke Park the same way a big concert or GAA match would, it's a real pity it's not going to happen, but you never know if he does win the title then there could be a fight in Ireland down the road at some stage.
As great as it'll be to have a title defence in Ireland, it won't come close to comparing to what Conor winning the title in Ireland would be like.

Guest John Hancock

The UFC have re-signed Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic. UFC's new legend's recruitment drive is really strange, first Diaz, then CM Punk, then Rampage, now CroCop. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty cool as a fan, but it's kinda depressing for UFC that they've realised no one gives a f*ck about anyone not named Ronda Rousey or Conor McGregor that they've made in the last five years, so they've finally given in, and it's back to 2007-era guys and pro-wrestlers. Can't blame them though, I'm f*cking bored of all these smiling, south-western, shitty-tattooed, "I'll fight whoever Joe Silva wants me to", respectful, $75,000 a year, married, dull, Christian, suburban f*cking nobodies too.

Other bits of ~newz~

- The "CONOR McGREGOR feat. other guys" show on Fox Sports 1 beat the previous record for the most watched episode of UFC Fight Night ever. The previous record was 1.7 million viewers, the new record is 2.8 million.

- Kimbo Slice appears to have signed with Bellator.

- Cung Le has retired, which is probably the right thing to do considering he's currently suing the UFC, which would probably have black-listed him form the sport anyway.

- BJ Penn has been arrested for fighting one of his pals in a carpark.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest The Beltster

I said a similar thing to a bloke who was yapping on my cousins Facebook a few days ago. He was complaining about Conor McGregor and moaning about the Jon Jones/Cormier build etc saying it was too WWE and he was 'too old school' to go for all that shit. Uhhh, oldschool UFC was Chuck and Tito, Tito and Shamrock, this exact 'WWE style' stuff he's too oldschool to be able to enjoy. Whatever.

I'm with you. These f*cking clueless clowns who give the stock 'I'll fight anybody the UFC wants me to fight' answer and then wonders why they arent over, make no money and get nowhere, because they have literally no idea how to play the most obvious game out there. F*ck them.

I'd prefer to see a washed up Rampage talking shit, humping female reporters and growling at people all day over these cookie cutter "I respect you" losers.

Guest John Hancock
I said a similar thing to a bloke who was yapping on my cousins Facebook a few days ago. He was complaining about Conor McGregor and moaning about the Jon Jones/Cormier build etc saying it was too WWE and he was 'too old school' to go for all that shit. Uhhh, oldschool UFC was Chuck and Tito, Tito and Shamrock, this exact 'WWE style' stuff he's too oldschool to be able to enjoy. Whatever.

I'm with you. These f*cking clueless clowns who give the stock 'I'll fight anybody the UFC wants me to fight' answer and then wonders why they arent over, make no money and get nowhere, because they have literally no idea how to play the most obvious game out there. F*ck them.

I'd prefer to see a washed up Rampage talking shit, humping female reporters and growling at people all day over these cookie cutter "I respect you" losers.

For me, the really stunning thing is that no one has ever got over by acting like that, but still 99% of people do it. Who are the people who have really got over in the last five years? Ronda Rousey, basically the first female fighter to talk shit constantly, Conor McGregor, who is actually Ric Flair, Jon Jones, the world's most hate-able man, and the Diaz brothers, who are angry, sociopathic, possibly autistic lunatics from the ghetto. No one has ever, in UFC history, given a f*ck about any of these losers who have a little kiss and a cuddle with their opponent, thank Jesus for their victory and then defer to Lord Dana as to who they should fight next. Never happened ever, and yet these chumps keep being boring, keep being bland, keep having zero personality, and keep complaining that they get no money, no attention and no title shots. No, you don't get those things, Jon Fitch, because you're f*cking unbearably boring.

You can even look at UFC's two most recent Captain Niceguys; Jon Jones, who's interest is in, one, his freakish talent, and, two, the fact that he's really obviously lying about being a nice guy. He's Kurt Angle, he's heel, WWF Kurt Angle, and it's glorious. The second is Georges St-Pierre, a guy most known now for hug-raping grown men for 25 minutes twice a year and then being all friendly about it afterwards, but that isn't what made him famous, and that isn't what made him a million buy guy. He was Bret Hart, kind of a dick, but Canadians loved him, so that made him cool, saying dick-y one-liners like the iconic "Ah em not impressed ba yore pear-form-ence".

Edited by John Hancock

Guest The Beltster

Its funny, after these fights you can clearly, as in 100% crystal CLEARLY see whoever interviews them, ask the question "Who do you want next?" and then look at them as if to say please for f*ck sake call somebody out, thats what I'm asking you to do, and when they give the "I'll fight whoever" answer, Annick or Rogen just roll their eyes as if to say when will you dill weeds ever learn?!

And I agree about the religious bollocks too. Yo, if your religion is important to you, great, but thanking Jesus for allowing you to smash somebodies face in, eehhhh....first off, I'm not certain Jesus would be overly impressed with that behaviour and secondly, most people watching dont care about who you pray too, they just want to see you fight and talk shit. I mean, Benson Henderson has taken to thanking Jesus after every loss now! Thank you lord for making me lose again, without you these losses that are piling up wouldn't be possible. Blah blah.

Get over it and call somebody a c*nt.

Guest John Hancock
I want one of the new breed of Russian/Dagestani dudes to thank Allah after a fight, just to see people losing their shit.

Salaries for the Fox night UFC

Main Card (FOX Sports 1)

Conor McGregor ($85,000 + $85,000 = $170,000) def. Dennis Siver ($39,000)

Donald Cerrone ($73,000 + $73,000 = $146,000) def. Benson Henderson ($48,000)

Uriah Hall ($14,000 + $14,000 = $28,000) def. Ron Stallings ($10,000)

Gleison Tibau ($45,000 + $45,000 = $90,000) def. Norman Parke ($20,000)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Cathal Pendred ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Sean Spencer ($14,000)

Lorenz Larkin ($28,000 + $28,000 = $56,000) def. John Howard ($21,000)

Chris Wade ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Zhang Lipeng ($15,000)

Patrick Holohan ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Shane Howell ($8,000)

Johnny Case ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Frankie Perez ($8,000)

Charles Rosa ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Sean Soriano ($8,000

Guest John Hancock

Khabib's a lightweight, but, yeah, he's got future long term champion written all over him. He trains in America though, so I don't think he'll be thanking Allah, he knows better than to thank any prophets or Gods other than blonde haired, blue eyed, NCAA-Division 1 All-American Jesus Christ (R-Kansas). All the American-trained Muslim fighters have their little tips of hat, like Khabib's hat, or Nijem's Palestinian flag. It's going to take someone who's never been to America, sees guys thanking Jesus, and doesn't really understand religious hypocrisy.

That or a brother joins the Nation. They don't aaaaaaaany f*cks.

Guest John Hancock
I don't remember where I mentioned it, or if I actually really mentioned it at all, but, as predicted for a while now, Sheldon Silver, the speaker of the house for the State of New York and the man virtually entirely responsible for MMA still be illegal in New York has been arrested by the FBI for corruption and bribery. Madison Square Garden in November?